Y2J and the 90 day no compete clause

So Y2J will wrestle Kenny Omega on January 4th. Wretlemania is on April 8th.

Does the 90-day no compete clause apply to his case? Because if it does, it ends on April 4th. He's still egible to compete at WM, but I think can not appear on WWE TV until then. He can still make an appearence, but without a storyline.

Can someone that knows how that stuff works enlighten me?

Hardy boys also literally wrestled the night before their Wrestlemania return against the young bucks. Save Y2J for the Monday after wresltmenaia crowd I reckon.

I think WWE is the only one who does the non compete stuff. And I doubt Jericho signed any kind of exclusivity contract with NJPW anyway.

I mean even if it is a thing if they REALLY need Jericho or even just want him on the card they'll literally just ignore whatever rules there are set in place or maneuver around it. I'd be cool with Jericho popping up the RAW after or not at all and just doing his own deal.

WWE and New Japan have been long standing business partners for years now. Maybe NJPW getting to use Jericho was part of the negotiation process for WWE getting to sign Nakamura. Wouldn't surprise me.

You do not automatically get a "no compete" clause as part of working for a professional wrestling company. A "no compete" clause is just like any other clause in a contract, which are items mutually agreed to by both parties, and just like any other contract negotiation, the side with more leverage can coerce more favorable terms.

I guarantee you that Chris Jericho's current arrangement with NJPW does not have a no-compete, because there is No. Fucking. Way. that NJPW has the leverage to demand a no-compete clause for companies well outside their primary market for a short-term agreement from Chris Jericho. The only way there would be a no-compete is if NJPW made compensation to Chris Jericho to get that clause, and why on earth would they need to do that?

Yeah, like others have pointed out, the 90 no compete clause is a WWE thing. It isn't something that just happens when you sign a pro wrestling contract. I think TNA tried a no compete clause in their contracts at one time or another, but it was only for 30 or 60 days. I think Lucha Underground still does them as well, or at least a version of them that says you can't appear on TV for another promotion while the current season is airing. Something like that. It was a big thing with Hernandez and with Prince Puma/Ricochet.

Besides, like KB mentioned, he has a Fozzy show that day.

Ok, lots of answers here. My question's solved.

Also, knowing Chris, it wouldn't surprise me if he appears at the Fozzy show and Wrestlemania, at the same time. Because he's Chris freakin' Jericho and he does whatever he wants to do, even defy the laws of physics. Drink it in maaaaaan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back