Xavier Woods, The Dominion of The New Day?

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
Sunday night at Extreme Rules he was all over the place in connecting with the crowd or playing mind games with the opponents or interference whatever you would take!

He's the sole reason how the New day stole the opportunity as the #1 Contender to face the Tag Champs at the Extreme Rules and Eventually winning it!!

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks he's the dominant reason the New day is getting connected with the crowd. Yes they're getting boos nevertheless its a connecting with a crowd and that's what a heel stable would need! 3MB was also a heel stable but they never connected with the crowd or have they?

Xavier was loud and manipulating the WWE universe to boo them more and more by his grief! Why do you hate us? What did we do? We're winning! IT'S A NEW DAY!?!

He was just over the moon last night. Honestly speaking, for me its the tag team match stole the show last night next to Luke Harper Vs Dean Ambrose!

What do you all think about Xavier Woods? What's your perspective about him?

Man i enjoyed the tag match, i've always known the New Day trio are talented but were never used properly. i hated the NEW DAY gimmick since day one but iv'e always liked the trio i wished that they sticked with the New Nation Malcom X thingy but nonthaless Extreme rules they sold me over.

I saw Woods come out wearing the belt last night, this raises the question will they be using the Freebird rule during title defenses?
I would hope so, but we will see.

I'm a big fan of the New Day as heels. I don't know what WWE were thinking when they decided to make them faces initially because their happy, clapping gimmick is naturally antagonistic to a wrestling audience. All three guys are very talented but I think people are going be surprised by just how good Xavier Woods will be. He can play the pest heel to perfection, is good on the mic and in the ring and will be able to hide behind Big E to ramp up the audience's desire to see him get his ass handed to him.

I hope that WWE know what they have on their hands with New Day as heels. The likes of Cesaro & Kidd and the Lucha Dragons chasing them equals money in the tag division if they are given the time to build their feuds. Take them off the preshow at PPVs once and for all too and position the tag title match as the constant solid show opener.

i like New Day as heels....being a clapper and having that as a face gimmick only works if the fans want to clap (and they clearly didnt). Woods has good mic work and can get their gimmick over with it and the entire trio can wrestle. their wrestling skills aren't the issue, it was the gimmicks they had. i am glad they are heel tag team champions.

Yeah, I'd agree with that assumption. Personally, I can't even tell that Big E. and Kofi ARE heels... they act no different from when they were faces, but Xavier is most definitely the glue that holds the whole thing together.

Yeah, I'd agree with that assumption. Personally, I can't even tell that Big E. and Kofi ARE heels... they act no different from when they were faces, but Xavier is most definitely the glue that holds the whole thing together.

That's the big problem I have with them I think. Only one out of the three acts like a heel. Kofi and Big E haven't really changed at all. Still not a fan of theirs, haven't been since the beginning. Just think the gimmick is lame, and poor Kofi, he has actually looked confused as to why he's been getting the NEW DAY SUCKS chants. He's not a good heel, poor guy.

Sunday night at Extreme Rules he was all over the place in connecting with the crowd or playing mind games with the opponents or interference whatever you would take!

He's the sole reason how the New day stole the opportunity as the #1 Contender to face the Tag Champs at the Extreme Rules and Eventually winning it!!

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who thinks he's the dominant reason the New day is getting connected with the crowd. Yes they're getting boos nevertheless its a connecting with a crowd and that's what a heel stable would need! 3MB was also a heel stable but they never connected with the crowd or have they?

Xavier was loud and manipulating the WWE universe to boo them more and more by his grief! Why do you hate us? What did we do? We're winning! IT'S A NEW DAY!?!

He was just over the moon last night. Honestly speaking, for me its the tag team match stole the show last night next to Luke Harper Vs Dean Ambrose!

What do you all think about Xavier Woods? What's your perspective about him?

He's very underrated. It makes me wonder if he's like the black Seth Rollins. He can wrestle in the ring. He's good on the mic. WWE just haven't gave him a chance.

That's the big problem I have with them I think. Only one out of the three acts like a heel. Kofi and Big E haven't really changed at all. Still not a fan of theirs, haven't been since the beginning. Just think the gimmick is lame, and poor Kofi, he has actually looked confused as to why he's been getting the NEW DAY SUCKS chants. He's not a good heel, poor guy.

Well Kofi did have a handful tights on the roll up that won them the titles which I was personally surprised by.

I don't know what WWE were thinking when they decided to make them faces initially because their happy, clapping gimmick is naturally antagonistic to a wrestling audience.

I may be giving WWE too much credit but I think they knew this. Maybe they were just waiting for the crowd to actually turn on them before they turned them heel rather than them just being heel Willy nilly. I could see it that way.

As far as the original topic, I've liked Woods since he was Consequences Creed in TNA. I was wondering why he didn't have a bigger role wrestling wise but I figured it was because of the leg injury he had. He was wearing the title on RAW so hopefully he'll start to compete more now. I always thought he was talented (same with E and Kofi) and want all of them succeed and think they can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back