WZCW SuperShow 5: Anthony Mancini & Xaitlyn Serpiente VS Austin Reynolds & Ricky Runn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Anthony Mancini & Xaitlyn Serpiente VS Austin Reynolds & Ricky Runn

The tag team number 1 contenders take on one of the biggest tag teams in WZCW: Runn Reynolds Runn. How will the former Vis Imperium member cope? Can he trust someone? Is Ricky Runn the man to do it?

Deadline is Monday, January 2nd, 11:59PM CST

The camera turns on and we see Gino driving through the streets of New York with Tony talking with Xaitlyn.

Tony: Thank you for coming to New York, Xaitlyn. I know you've been a bit apprehensive about teaming with me due to my past and everything, but I just wanted to show you that you can trust me one hundred percent. We beat Veejay and Vee A.D.Z. together and now we're going to Kingdom Come to fight for the Tag Team titles.

Instead of responding, Xaitlyn just stares out the window at the mass of humanity walking through the city when all of a sudden, she jumps up in her seat and demands that Gino stops the car.

Xaitlyn: Have your man stop the car right now, Anthony. I just saw something that I need to show you.

With a surpised look on his face, Tony tells Ginno to park the car in the nearest parking garage but before he can even pull in Xaitlyn is out of the car and walking down the street, pushing people out of her way. Gino finishes parking the car and Tony gets out, leaving Gino to find the way in his own way. When Tony catches up with Xaitlyn he puts his hand on her shoulder which causes her to whip her head up and stare at him.

Tony: Is everything ok, Xaitlyn? I've never seen you show that much emotion ever.

Xaitlyn: I am fine, Anthony but like I said, there is something I need to show you. It is very important that you see what it. I told you when we agreed to team up that I was in need of your help to find out who killed my mentor Mr. Dean Broom. I have known for years that it happened here in New York but it wasn't until recently that I finally found out where it happened.

She gently brushes his hand away and bends down over the pavement and an intense look forms in her eyes as she whispers the next few sentences.

Xaitlyn: This alley is where it happened, Anthony. A group of thugs followed him down this alley and decided to rob him, beat him and leave him to die. I will not rest until I find out who they are and bring them to justice.

Instead of responding Tony has a far away look in his eyes since Xaitlyn uttered her mentor's name.

Flashback said:
Tony: Excuse me, sir. Do you need any help? You seem to be a bit lost.

A younger Tony walks up to and older gentleman who is walking down the alley. The man looks Tony up and down silently before saying anything.

Stranger: No thank you, young man, I know my way around the city. I was just visiting my family here in the city and am going back to my hotel. It's such a nice day and my hotel is relatively close so I decided I would walk instead of taking a cab or subway.

Tony smiles as he keeps walking forward which causes the man to keep backing up until he bumps into four other young men, causing him to turn around.

Thug 1: Give us all your valuables and you can walk away still breathing old man.

The stranger tries to go back the way he came but Tony is still standing there, his smile gone and his across his chest.

Tony: I'd listen to him if I were you. I know these guys and they aren't the type to joke around.

When he doesn't answer, one of the thugs shoves him against the wall. Not one to take that sort of the likely, the man shoves him back which earns him a stiff punch right to the jaw. As soon as the fist comes into contact with flesh, the other thugs join in knocking him to the ground where the four men stomp and kick the man on every part of his body they can. After about ten minutes, Tony tells them to stop and kneels down next to the man's head while the thugs go through all his pockets where they come up with gold and diamond jewelry as well as a wallet. They pocket the jewelry and hand Tony the wallet who pockets the $200 and glances at the ID.

Tony: Well Mr. Dean Broom you can't say I didn't warn you. Had you listened to me, you would be walking away from this instead of lying in this disgusting alley broken and bloody.

Tony stands up straight and pockets the wallet to get rid of at a later time. He motions to his men and they all fall in line behind Tony as he walks out of the alley, leaving the man moaning in pain and breathing heavily with a liquid sound.
Xaitlyn: Anthony, have you been listening to anything I have been saying? You have had a distant look on your eyes for the past 15 minutes.

Tony: What, yeah I'm fine I've just been thinking about our last match where we became the top contenders to Vis Imperium's Tag Team Championships. They aren't giving us an easy time of getting to Kingdom Come either. Instead of giving us an easy match or a couple singles matches they've thrown us right into the deep end of the tag division with a match against the former Tag Champions Runn Reynolds Runn. They are one of the premier tag teams in WZCW history and both are sure fire Hall of Famer's in the future. If we can beat these guys that would be a huge feather in the cap of the Salvific Knights heading into the biggest event of the year. Not only are they champions together they both old singles gold. You know Reynolds is a two time Elite Openweight Champion but Ricky Runn is a former World Champion and some say he is the man behind El Swago and as such is also a former Elite Openweight Champion.

Xaitlyn stands up straight and looks over at Tony who still has a bit of a distant look in his eyes.

Xaitlyn: While I would like to win another match with you before our major title match my main concern is finding out who is responsible for my mentor's death. It happened right here in the city you call home. I showed you where it happened now you need to take it further and find out who exactly responsible and then tell me who they are.

Tony: I told you I would do that for you Xaitlyn but right now we need to concentrate on our match. Runn Reynolds Runn are not Veejay or Vee A.D.Z. who don't even want to team. These guys have been best friends in the past and I have to think they have remained friends in the years since. We need to give them one hundred percent of our attention of we have any hope of going into Kingdom Come with any sort of momentum on our side. I promise you after Kingdom Come I will give this my undivided attention.

Xaitlyn narrows her eyes in anger that Tony would change the subject from the main reason she wanted to team with him but before she can address the issue Gino walks up to Tony and whispers something in his ear causing him to look at his watch and curses under his breath.

Tony:I have to go take care of some personal business before our match. Gino is going to drop you off at your hotel and I promise I will call you later so we can talk more.

Without another word Tony and Gino walk back to the car with Xaitlyn trailing behind the two of them with an angry look on her face as they all get in the car. She sits silently in the back seat staring out the window while Tony and Gino talk quietly in the front. After twenty minutes or so they get to the hotel and Xaitlyn gets out. With just a curt nod to Tony she walks into the lobby of the hotel while Gino drives away. When they get back into city traffic Tony lets out a huge breath and leans back in his seat.

Tony: Gino I'm fucked. Do you remember that man I told you about a couple years ago? The one where me and a few of the guys beat up and robbed an old man and left him for dead?

Gino: Yeah I remember. You guys made off with some pretty cool jewelry and a couple hundred dollars cash.

Tony: Did I tell you that man's name was Dean Broom? The same Dean Broom that is apparently the most important person to and the former mentor of my tag team partner. He must have died from the beating we gave him.

Gino's mouth falls open as he drives silently for a few minutes.

Gino: You're right man you are fucked. If she finds out you were the one who was behind his death she is going to be pissed. Are you going to tell her you knew who it was the entire time, that it was you?

Before Tony can answer they come up to the building where they are going to take the blood sample for the paternity test. Gino parks the car and they both get out. They walk in and Tony checks in at the reception desk. They have a seat and Tony silently watches the TV bolted up in the corner. He is so distracted he doesn't hear a nurse call his name and Gino has to elbow him in the ribs to get his attention. Tony gets up and follows the nurse who mistakes the look on his face for worry about the upcoming procedure.

Nurse: Don't worry Mr. Mancini, the phlebotomist has been doing this for years, you have nothing to worry about at all.

Instead of answering Tony lets her think whatever she wants as he walks silently next to her. She drops him off in a room and leaves him alone. In a little bit an older gentleman walks in and tells him to lift up his sleeve so he can draw blood. He puts the tourniquet on tightly and inserts a needle into the bend in Tony's elbow. He then fills up a vial with blood and after it fills he removes everything and puts cotton ball on the puncture and wraps it to keep it in place.

Phlebotomist: We will take this sample and compare it the same we got from the infant to determine if you are the father. We will then give the results to the court and they will contact you to tell you the next step. With the back up we have you're looking at a week or so before you get the results.

Tony nods his head and smiles at the guy who doesn't smile back. He simply turns around and leaves the room leaving Tony to find the exit on his own. The camera fades to black as he gets to the lobby at starts talking to Gino as they leave the waiting room.

Austin’s phone vibrates on the table in front of him but as he snores, the phone just moves around, rattling around on the wooden surface. The call expires and is sent to voicemail.

“Austin, it’s Hayley. Look, I saw what happened the other day. You looked in a pretty bad way but I’m sure that was just for effect. It came off pretty brutal so I guess it got the point across... I remember that you always did take time to get over a show, which is understandable...I just wanted to let you know that the offer to come for dinner and see the girls still stands. I’m sure you’re just waiting for the swelling to go down, which is fine... It’s up to you, just let me know eh?”

Austin continues to doze. His face is bruised, with particularly large, purplish swelling on his left eye and a large cut on his bottom lip. He is unsettled, struggling to get comfortable on the hard chair in which he had descended into unconsciousness. Every movement causes him to wince as his neck suffers the most from the tortuous beating delivered so emphatically by Abel Hunnicutt.

Some time later, Austin wakes in darkness. Stiff and sore but feeling much more himself than he had, he gets up slowly. He puts his hand through his tousled hair and yawns. For the first time in forever, he has some get-up-and-go to him, a desire to get up. Maybe it was thanks to the disconnect from Vis Imperium; could it have finally sunk in?

He goes to the door and sees a formal looking letter had been posted. Ripping it open impatiently, he glances over the words. A few sink in, only one is needed.

Eviction.

Austin has nowhere to go but it’s on instinct that he gets together a few meaningful belongings and a handful of other necessities and leaves quickly. For this property was Vis Imperium and he was not.

A couple of days later, Austin emerges from the old R&R gym in a much improved condition. His facial swelling is reduced and his cut lip has healed nicely. He looks well rested and content. He pulls out his mobile and rings Hayley, putting it on speaker as he locks up and heads to his car.

“Hi it’s me. Are you able to talk?” He asks with a keen enthusiasm. He’s clearly nervous but is acting his ass off trying to hide it. “Yes, of course. How are you?”

The conversation is tense but more polite than you may expect from a recently divorced couple.

“Better thanks. I’m sorry for not having got in touch sooner. I know you called the other day but something came up that I couldn’t avoid and it took much longer than I thought.” I’m making excuses, she’s going to see right through me.

“Nothing too stressful, I hope.”

This is going better than I thought.

“It’s nothing I think. At least I hope. I’ll know more soon. Is the offer to dinner still open? I know it’s been a while since you offered but I can explain a bit more about what’s going on.”

“Yeah, of course. How about tomorrow?”

Austin is ready to respond with a smile on his face until he spots someone in front of him, which catches him off guard.

“Austin, you still there?” He catches himself and snaps himself back to reality quickly. “I’ll be there with bells on.”

“Great, we’ll see you then.”

Austin pockets his phone and then eyes up the man opposite him. Eyeing him up as he waited his moment, he had stayed by the kerb waiting for Austin to finish. But even now with the phone call conversation, these two just looked quietly. Austin unsure what to say & Leon equally conscious of not saying the wrong thing, they just engage each other in silence.

That is until Austin moves toward the building and opens the door, silently beckoning Leon to come in. Leon comes in from the cold.

“How have you been?” Austin sighs, as if disappointed by the opening question. “Leon, do you know what’s changed since we last spoke?”

“Of course. You’re no longer on the pay roll of Vis Imperium. You appear to have been replaced by Mark Keaton. You lost the Elite Openweight Championship even though you weren’t pinned by Logan McAllister. Justin Cooper is being groomed to be the face of the company after winning the Lottery.”

“Sorry that’s not what I meant” Leon has been confused as if presented by a riddle. ”What changed the most?” “I’m sorry I don’t follow.”

Austin begins making him a cup of tea. “It’s OK, it was mean of me to tease you. The most significant development of the last few months is that I know believe in miracles. It’s a funny thing but when we last spoke in that dive of a pub, I was low, as low as I could possibly be. Yes I was doing well and so was the group but I had nothing. But even I was able to beat Eve Taylor and regain the Elite Openweight championship. Hell I even defended if a couple of times. No-one has even come close to doing that recently. And even though I’ve lost it, never got my rematch and haven’t lost since, I am more optimistic than I have been in years.”

“Austin you almost seem happy.”

“I’m not quite there yet but it could be worse you know. Heck, I survived a backstabbing last week. I don’t know if I was strong enough to have survived this if it had happened a few weeks ago.”

“Abel and John, man they really put you through the wringer. I mean, you kinda saw it coming but with Keaton replacing you, becoming Constantine’s partner. I mean bloody Cooper could be in on it too!”

“You and I know that there are more questions than answers about this whole thing. It’s got Constantine’s stench all over it too” Austin shakes his head with contempt and disapproval. “You know that’s not on the up & up and he is going to screw over as many people as he can and get as much as he can out of it.”

“It looks like he has had this lined up for weeks, if not longer.” Austin nods, he can’t hide his frustrations. “It began at the Lethal Lottery. I’ve got to ask myself if he even cared that we lost, like it would lead to a greater good for them.”

“Of course he wasn’t actually responsible for this.” Leon gestures at the discoloured marks that still cover Austin’s face. “Oh don’t you worry. I‘ll handle Abel. When it’s a fair and level playing field, I can guarantee there’ll be permanent solution to that problem. But that’s an issue for future Austin.”

“In the here & now I’ve got two problems to deal with; the Salvic-, the Salifiv- Damnit I never have been able to say it you know.” “Serpiente & Mancini?” “Yes, them. They’ve made this crusade which has somehow landed them at the gates of Kingdom Come but they have no idea what is coming from them at KC. Thousands of people, the massive arena, the long, long walk to the ring and at the other end of it, someone who will do anything within their power to leave with their hand raised.”

Leon sips at the hot drink. ”Early prediction?” “There’s not a doubt in my mind, these two noobs haven’t got a clue between them; they’re definitely not smart enough to figure out how to beat Keaton and Constantine.” Austin’s snappy response betrays anger that he had been able to mask with confidence until now.

“So do you know who your partner is yet?” “No, I’ve heard nothing. As you're here I had hoped you would know.”

Austin thinks he hears a lock click from outside but he dismisses just as quickly, blaming it on the wind. There is no one in the company who he would be happy to team up with; no-one who he could be sure would have his back. There were plenty of true quality options; starting with Ty, ending with Phoenix, with Stormrage and Taylor somewhere in between. In this moment, while he considers his present situation, he cannot escape the giant and looming shadow over him. Was he going to have enough to survive the war that Abel seemed built for?

No, that was a problem for future Austin. In the here and now, there was another issue in front of him, for it was not the wind that had opened the door and stood in front of him and Leon.

Ricky Runn. Mr YOLO. The Sensei of Swag. The kid who came good and made Austin look like the Jannetty of Runn Reynolds Runn.

This shit just got real. Real interesting.

Xaitlyn Serpiente walks through the lobby of the hotel furiously. She soon gets to the lift but then immediately changes her mind and starts climbing the stairs. She does it as fast she could until she reached her room on 7th floor. She opens her room which is numbered 786 while talking to herself.

Xaitlyn: Some people just try to be over smart when they aren't smart in the first place. Hypocrisy is what makes them far away from being smart. A double-faced person can't hide his hypocrisy for too long. Someday, the bitter truth is going to be revealed whatsoever. :shrug:

Uttering the aforementioned statements, she closes the door as hard she could while Ennette wraps her blue-coloured body around Xaitlyn's legs in a gesture of a warm welcome. Ennette's welcome does bring a cute smile across Xaitlyn's face thus relaxing her for a while. She picks her up in her hands and hugs her tightly.

Xaitlyn: How's my sweetheart, Ennette?

Ennette: I'm fine. Was feeling a bit lonely in here without you but it's all good now. So, tell me what's up with Salvific Knights?

As soon as Xaitlyn listens the mention of Salvific Knights, she sighs her frustration about it and then goes on to explain the current status to Ennette.

Xaitlyn: Hypocrisy is what I can't tolerate, be it from anyone. And today, Anthony proved that he's a double-faced hypocrite. He just wants to win the tag titles with me at Kingdom Come VIII and he has no interest in finding the murderers of my lovely mentor Dean Broom. :disappointed:

Ennette can't believe what her best friend told her so she continues the conversation to know about what happened.

Ennette: Did Tony himself say that he won't help you in finding Mr. Broom's murderers? I guess that you do have his approval in written for helping you out in doing so until you team up with him. Am I wrong?

Xaitlyn: Nopes, you ain't wrong. Plus, Anthony didn't directly say that he won't help me out. But he didn't leave any chance to change the topic whenever I wanted to talk about the root cause to form this unusual tag team.

Ennette: I could be wrong but I think that you're just exaggerating here. Does changing topic mean that he isn't interested in helping you out?

Xaitlyn nods her head in approval.

Xaitlyn: Yes, It does. Not directly but in an indirect manner. I can't see any other logical reasoning behind this ignorant behaviour. Do you?

Ennette: I don't know.

Xaitlyn: Well, there isn't any. I'm really confused about it. My brain says that I'm wrong and am misunderstanding Anthony. I should rather concentrate on the tag titles just like him instead of dwelling on something which doesn't even exist. Plus, this round we both have to face one of most decorated tag teams in WZCW, Runn Reynolds Runn. It isn't impossible but it isn't easy either. So, we especially I will need to give my best to defeat these two future Hall Of Famers.

Ennette: I resonate with what your brain says. After all, brain is all about logical reasoning, right?

Xaitlyn starts thinking deeply and doesn't reply to Ennette for almost 5 minutes while Ennette continuously watches her in significant tension.

Xaitlyn: Yes, you're right. But what about the heart? My heart says that there's something I don't know about Anthony that will affect our partnership badly enough. The way Anthony behaved today just increased my suspicion about it.

Just when Ennette is going to reply Xaitlyn, the latter's phone rings up. Xaitlyn shows Ennette that it's a call from an unknown foreign number and then answers the call.

???: Hello?

Xaitlyn: Yes? Whom do you want to talk with?

???: Is it Xaitlyn Serpiente I'm talking to?

Xaitlyn: Yes, Who are you?

???: Well, it doesn't matter. For now, you can consider me a well-wisher of yours.

Xaitlyn: Why have you called me? And I would like to know who's my well-wisher.

After asking the aforementioned question, Xaitlyn switches to loudspeaker mode of the phone and whispers to Ennette about the unknown identity of the caller.

???: You can stop trying since I ain't going to reveal my identity. There's something you need to know as soon as possible and that's the only reason I called you.

Xaitlyn: Okay, then tell me what I need to know.

???: What you need to know is that your sister Evie Serpiente is admitted in the ICU of a hospital here in New Zealand.

Xaitlyn and Ennette look at each other in shock.

Xaitlyn: What the hell are you even talking about?

???: Ms Xaitlyn, you need to calm down and listen me properly. Evie has suffered a serious concussion in her recent match and thus has been admitted to the hospital a couple of hours ago.

Xaitlyn: How did it happen? Which hospital she's admitted? Tell me?

Xaitlyn starts getting nervous as well as sad after knowing about Evie while the intensity of her voice increases.

???: I'll send you all the details in a message soon. You need to be here as soon as possible. Bye.

Xaitlyn: Waitttt..........!

Xaitlyn screamed at the caller to wait but in vain. An unusual silence covered the room after that scream. Xaitlyn and Ennette were speechless. They both couldn't believe what they listened. Suddenly, the silence was broken by a message notification.

***After 24 hours***

Xaitlyn sits in a waiting room of Auckland Hospital after a rigorous journey of 20 hours. She has cried multiple times while having no sleep in her lone journey from New York to Auckland. She's feeling too numb to sleep or even cry. Doctors have briefed her about Evie's condition and it's quite critical much to Xaitlyn's disguise. She hasn't used her phone since that call from the stranger. She takes the phone out of her pocket and is a little taken aback by half a dozen missed calls by Tony Mancini.

Xaitlyn: Evieeeeeee...............!!!!!!

She screams with utmost will and then throws the phone hard on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back