• John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels - Raw

• Undertaker vs. Batista - Smackdown

• A.J. Styles vs. Chris Sabin vs. Samoa Joe - iMPACT

• John Morrison vs. C.M. Punk - ECW on Sci-Fi

• Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga - Raw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Hardy Vs. Umaga on RAW - I chose this one because it shows what Jeff Hardy can do and it also was a good match in and of itself. It was a good match right until the Snitsky interference. It showed good psychology in having Umaga apply that nerve hold that many times. It was fast paced when it was need to be. Pedestrian when it needed to be. Extended the story with Triple H further. did everything needed for the free match and then some. I actually wish it had come to a proper end as that would have made the match to me one of the great RAW matches in the last two years since the Shelton Benjamin/HBK match on RAW in the Goldrush tournament.

I'd have to go with the Taker/Batsita cage match. More for Takers effort than anything. It was a good match. But Undertaker was badly injured as he was doing it. It was a herculean effort on his part. In a time where cage matches are n't important this was great. Shame Batista fucked up the ending.

I have to go with the Undertaker Batista match. Considering how bad the Undertaker's injury was at the time, and considering he was in their with a lump of crap like Batista, this match came off very well. The Deadman simply brings it everytime he is asked too. Yes, it is a shame that Batista fucked up the ending of the match.

I voted for Sabin/Styles/Joe. That match was so good, and I think only Styles/Daniels vs. LAX (and I think 3D might have been involved, seeing as they did two moves and won it) could top it as TNA free match of the year. It was a really good show overall, and the match was really well done. It was face vs. heel vs. tweener in a technical master class, with Sabin still surprising me after all this time.

Anything other than Cena vs. HBK on Raw is wrong. This match played BEAUTIFULLY off of their Wrestlemania match, they worked the crowd masterfully, they told a great story in the ring, with the normally unflappable champion getting frustrated with HBK's resiliency, which eventually cost him in the end. The selling was top notch and both guys poured their heart and soul into the match.

Cena vs. HBK was without a doubt one of the best one-on-one encounters ever seen on RAW. All those matches were quite good, but none of them showed the pure dedication and passion for thier work like Cena/HBK II. They went damn near an hour in an age were the audience can start to get a little antsy in thier pantsy when match passes a half hour, and the crowd was into it the whole time. They could have given those two the full two hour timeslot, and they would have put on a captivating match from start to finish.

Damn this was a tough one for me, it was either between Cena/HBK or Styles/Joe/Sabin, I decided to go with Styles/Joe/Sabin just cause I like those three guys better and the match was excellant (all those matches listed were great), Cena/HBK would have been better if the title was on the line IMO, but that aside the triple threat match was just exciting and entertaining, it had me glued to the screen through out the entire match

John Cena vs Shawn Michaels on RAW. These two gave it their best that night and deserve credit where credit is due, that should have been the match that happened at WrestleMania 23. John Cena actually had me entertained for nearly an hour, but Michaels was the star of the match once again.

All 5 matches were pretty great but I chose Jeff Vs. Umaga. THey seem to work really well together surprisingly. This match was almost as good as their GAB match which was amazing. The match on Raw proved that Jeff can put on a really good match without a gimmick(ladder, hardcore). The only thing that made the match alittle disapointing was Snitsky and the way it ended but for me it was the match that stood out the most. Cena Vs. HBK were runners up..IMO.

Free Match Of The Year

Easy vote for me for this one, and that has to be for the Cena vs HBK II match on RAW.

Exhilarating, well-worked, entertaining match that went near enough an hour and kept the whole crowd in attendance interested from start to finish. One of the great RAW matches in the past couple of years.

First off, I must give props to the Punk VS Morrison, which in any other year in recent memory would have won this hands down in my opinion. This was a great back and forth contest, with awesome near falls.

Notice though, I said any other year. Becuase free or not, Michaels VS Cena was one of the better matches ive seen, this year or any year, and blows the Bret Hart Micheals ironman match out of the water. Fantastic back and forth action, selling, drama, crowd working, and atmosphere. Just great.

definetly the tna match it was nuts and entertaining unlike someo f the other matches, i wasnt impressed with taker vs batista or morrison punk or hardy umaga, but i liked the umaga hardy steel cage this week on raw it was nutss and jeff hardy is the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back