WWWE Roadblock: WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - The New Day VS Sheamus & Cesaro

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
With a victory over several other teams during the Tribute to the Troops taping, Cesaro & Sheamus earned another opportunity to face New Day for the titles this Sunday.

It's difficult to say what happens here because there've been a lot of times many of us, including me, have predicted New Day would drop the titles and didn't. New Day are officially the longest World Tag Team Champions in WWE history, at least as far as male tag teams go, so the record is theirs. They've made history, their names are down in the record books a couple of times over since their 2nd reign began at SummerSlam of last year. As a result, I can see them dropping the titles this Sunday, though it's anybody's guess at this point.

I think the end of the line for New Day is pretty clear. That end is called Enzo & Cass. Seriously, why would they keep them seperate for so long? It's clear to me that Sheamus & Cesaro, Club and the Shinning Stars are considered to be on the same level, while Enzo & Cass are simply there, waiting for the right moment to take the belts.

The right moment is the huge Royal Rumble that's coming up, with New Day walking in there as 500+ days champions.

So that being said, S&C won't be winning those titles. New Day will win, just like they did with the Club.. One DQ result, one victory. I also expect them to go full heel mode. New Day wins, walk into the Rumble as 500+ days champions, Enzo & Cass dethrone them.

I don't think New Day HAS to lose the titles just because they broke the record on Raw, WWE does that way too often (Nikki Bella, Neville, Finn Balor, etc.). Still, I think WWE values the team of Cesaro/Sheamus much more than anybody really thinks they do. They've spent a lot of time building these two guys; remember that they were put together after a 7 match series and, over the past couple of months, have been developed much more than other teams like, say, Gallows/Anderson have. They made it a point to show us (through that bar brawl) that Sheamus and Cesaro are now on the same side and a team to be reckoned with. This is, I think, their 3rd or 4th time getting a title match.

I'm not sure if they win the titles at the PPV, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do at this point.

With them breaking the record I'm now of the opinion they should hold them longer. Forever even.

There are two sets of tage belts, each hard to get enthused about, The Revival can just win the other ones.

i think taht before the whole breaking the record thing came up, the plan was to give cesaro and sheamus a run with the titles and now the the record is officially broken, i wouldn'T be surprise at all if cesaro and sheamus wins the belt on sunday because they could have gone with any of the four tag team for this title match and they choose the only team out of the four that was pretty much protected since they form.

Cesaro/Sheamus should win this.

New Day should lose the titles to Cesaro/Sheamus here.

If the latter have no plan to win the tag titles, their whole partnership is pointless. The Revival could join Smackdown. Hype Bros are gone since Ryder is injured. Slater-Rhyno seems gone as well.

So, Let Cesaro/Sheamus take the titles here.

I just loved this match. For me, this was easily the match of the night.

The nearfalls after execution of multiple finishers by either side was just perfect. And the end.... Was awesome way to protect New Day's credibility too. I haven't seen such an end for any match until now.

The right team won the titles as it should've.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back