WWF Logo

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile
Quick question. Why is it that the WWE have to blur out the attitude era logo but not the old school 80's - early 90's logo? Just something that has always kinda bothered me. Did the panda lovers not realise the WWE existed pre attitude era, did they not think it was popular and no one would see the old logo? I mean both logos clearly show WWF so you would think they would want both blocked. Anyone know why this is the case?

Much easier to blur out the scratched WWF logo than the old school thick bold WWF logo. It'd be noticeable if they did it for the latter.

I think there was some time limit on how far back WWE had to go back and remove mentions of WWF

EDIT: Isn't wikipedia marvelous

World Wrestling Entertainment page on wikipedia said:
The company had also been ordered by the Lords to stop using the old WWF Attitude logo on any of its properties and to censor all past references to WWF, as they no longer owned the trademark to the initials WWF in 'specified circumstances'. Despite litigation, WWE is still permitted use of the original WWF logo, which was used from 1984 through 1994, as well as the "New WWF Generation" logo, which was used from 1994 through 1998. Furthermore, the company may still make use of the full "World Wrestling Federation" and "World Wrestling Federation Entertainment" names without consequence.

Yeah I doubt that's the reason. Pretty sure a company with the funds that the WWE has can find some decent editing software.

Барбоса;2455644 said:
I think there was some time limit on how far back WWE had to go back and remove mentions of WWF

EDIT: Isn't wikipedia marvelous

it has no weight in North America but its easier to just have the company known as WWE worldwide. As far as why the 1994 logois allowed, the WWF did agree tolimit its usage of the term WWF to North America but the most recent AGREEMENT was met c. 1994. When the attitude era began and wrestling took off WWE ignored the agreement in full until the ruling in 2002. The time frame was largely based on what WWE had agreed to on its own..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back