• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Wrestlers And Time Off

OIL

Championship Contender
I think, and im pretty confident that everyone thinks the WWE wrestlers should get more time off. Their European tour looks killer IMO. I can't see how they get through it.

I had a idea, where through 3 months of the year, the talent would only show up for their show and PPV (RAW,SmackDown!, ECW, PPV). That way, they get 6 days off every week of that month, bar the last week where the PPV is. If they did that in the month after WrestleMania, August and December, I think they would get better performances and better morale. Plus, it would give the talent more time to spend with their families.

Im sure the WWE wrestlers would stand to lose a little slice of their huge paychecks for this time off, meaning the WWE would hardly lose any money off of this.

Furthermore, the time off could have many benifits for the writers. With these 7 extra days, they could work on making the storylines even better, thus meaning the shows would be better. They wouldn't have to worry about booking house shows, meaning more free time.

Finally, the extra time off could give the wrestlers time to work out in the gym (prehaps leading anyone away from steriods as they don't have to worry about their body?), and also, can give the wrestlers time to learn new moves. (i.e, Divas).

What do you guys think?

Mods have to move the threads. Right now it's stuck here.

I don't think it would be smart for the WWE to have the wrestlers take 5-6 days a week off. They get a lot of money from house shows and if you don't have house shows how are certain wrestlers going to brush up on their skills without being exposed to TV. If you take away house shows, guys like Vladimir Kozlof, D.H. Smith, Super Crazy, the Tag-Team division be showcased? The WWE could go off of how the fans react to these guys to see if they are good enough to be put on TV. Also, house shows can be where Divas train because they aren't being videotaped. Some of the Main Eventers don't have to be at EVERY house show, but should be at a good majority of them. So no, don't give the wrestlers 5-6 days off a week.

The time off will never happen and honestly it shouldn't. The one things they could do is give individual wrestlers time off, at different times so only one or two guys would be missing from the house show, that could work, but that is the only way. They make a bunch of money on the house shows and it allows them to showcase the WWE to fans all over the country, they will take that chance ever time they get it. It could help the wrestlers if they had some time off, which is why I could see them giving guys time off, but at different times, so they can still have the house shows, that might work, could freshen some guys up, the the whole 3 months with no house shows thing will never happen.

Ok prehaps not 3 months, but even a month. From the sounds of it, they need the time off. I remember Jeff Hardy in an interview around the Royal Rumble saying his body was completly messed up.

They are humans, they do need SOME time off.

I'm not saying eliminate house shows, but cut down on them.

Enough is enough. Even if WWE takes a revenue hit, they need to have more empathy towards their wrestlers and treat them like humans, not machines. Besides, what they lose from cutting down house shows, they gain back in morale, worker health, and public image.

I'm not saying eliminate house shows, but cut down on them.

Enough is enough. Even if WWE takes a revenue hit, they need to have more empathy towards their wrestlers and treat them like humans, not machines. Besides, what they lose from cutting down house shows, they gain back in morale, worker health, and public image.

EXACTLY what im thinking. Of course they need house shows for various reasons, but hell, they need the time off. Im even sure the WWE wrestlers are willing to lose a months worth of wage with the amount of money their making!

Not all of them actually make the big bucks, so working all they can, in an industry were you may only get 5-10 years max is what they have to do to survive finacially

They definately shouldn't give wrestlers time off. I mean of course it would be nice for the wrestlers to do so, and be able to relax and spend time with their families. Unfortunately it is not reasonable or possible for it to happen. WWE superstars need to do houseshows. The WWE needs revenue from them most importantly. Not to mention the fact that the WWE superstars themselves needs finance to survive. House shows are required for money, showcase and to train. There is no way the superstaars could get time off.

It would be nice if the stars could get time off,hopefully they will be able to implement something that will give the stars more time off.

i think that idea actually is a great one. maybe make it two months though. sure, wrestlers wouldn't be able to use house shows during those two months to regain their skills but that would just mean that there would not be any major returns during those time periods. or they would have to find another way to brush up and shake off the rust. If they didn't do house shows the month after wrestlemania, and then sometime in the early fall it would keep people healthier, happier, and enable them to be more entertaining when they are doing shows. i understand that house shows generate much needed revenue but happier, healthier superstars would mean better shows the rest of the time, meaning better ratings and more revenue. do i think it will happen? no way. vince doesn't seem to be the type interested in his employees well-being and honestly doesn't seem to be the most rational businessman so he probably wouldn't see how this could be a valuable change. anyway, that's my thought, good thread.

The wrestlers do need time off. I think 3 months consecutive may be a bit much. They don't need all the wrestlers to do house shows though. I would say give the wrestlers so many vacation days a year that they can use to skip house shows and not lose pay. They would need to put in advance notice so the house shows can still go on. If the wrestlers get to choose these "vacation days" it would let them rest or spend time with their families when they need to while they still get plenty of house shows in that can go on. It would give the wrestlers time off they deserve considering the toll wrestling takes on their bodies as well as helping keep them healthy and happy without hurting the business.

The wrestlers do need time off. I think 3 months consecutive may be a bit much. They don't need all the wrestlers to do house shows though. I would say give the wrestlers so many vacation days a year that they can use to skip house shows and not lose pay. They would need to put in advance notice so the house shows can still go on. If the wrestlers get to choose these "vacation days" it would let them rest or spend time with their families when they need to while they still get plenty of house shows in that can go on. It would give the wrestlers time off they deserve considering the toll wrestling takes on their bodies as well as helping keep them healthy and happy without hurting the business.

True, and I meant like they get the month after WrestleMania off, maybe August, and then December. Good rest periods. Gives them a chance to look forward to their break, and they won't miss out too many house shows at once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back