WWE vs Everybody else

Discussion in 'WWE Discussion' started by Psykohurricane55, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I want to start a discussion about this mostly because i feel like Fans especially the smarks then to try and compare WWE with everything else that exist in Wrestling today. I don'T know how this started or why it started but i feel it's getting to a point that a portion of the WWE audience really doesn'T respect the rest of the fans because they think that they have all the answers and WWE should just bow down at their feet and do what they told them to do.

The thing is WWE, is a business first and a wrestling company second. The reason that went with the more family oriented product is simple, first, their more money to be made in family entertainment these days then with a more adult oriented product and second by doing so, the wrestlers can wrestle in a safer way then on the indy's because kids don'T care about multiple high spots just for the sake of guys wanting to be over.

On the other end, the indy scene is booming right now especially ROH and NJPW who just sold out Madison square garden. This is were you go if you want serious wrestling in my opinion. These leagues have a more serious product that adults will gravitate towards and the performers have more liberty as to what they want to do because they have less safety rules to abide too. So that's why this becoming to be a more popular product.

In my opinion, comparing WWE to anything else is kinda like comparing apples to oranges, they are completely different product that serve difference audience but that'S just my opinion.

2. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

Isn't this a bit like calling the pot calling the kettle black. You seem to be upset that fans of the WWE compare it to other companies ie ROH and others, yet you are sort of complaining about why said fans are doing it. Also with your last paragraph you have answered your own question to begin with. It's all a matter of different strokes for different folks, let me explain.

Sure the WWE is a lot more kid friendly than some of the other promotions, but these other promotions don't have the network, nor do they have to fill hours of network primetime each week. Besides there is nothing wrong with having different styles to choose from, it doesn't mean that one is better than another it's just different.

Wrestling fans as I'm said before are a niche crowd. While a lot of people on the street couldn't name 10 wrestlers if they tried, wrestling fans are passionate about the sport. These days the WWE comes off as more of a prime time soap opera with a few punches and kicks thrown in for good effect. That will turn some off and they will go to NJPW or ROH for the action. Doesn't really mean anything other than the fact that some just don't like soap opera's.

I also don't understand why you care so much about whether fans respect the WWE or not. With all due respect you can't police everyone's opinion, as we are all entitled to think how we want. I don't see a lot of ROH fans coming on this forum and others complaining about how lame the WWE is, unless you can see posts I can't. So it's kind of mind numbing why you care so much. Personally it's up to each individual what and who they want to watch, it's not something you can control, therefore, why worry about it.

Psykohurricane55 and Jack-Hammer like this.
  3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't know why you worry so much about fans criticizing WWE. It's not even your company, nor do the criticisms aimed at the company somehow reflect on you. If someone sees something going on in WWE that they're not crazy about, then I'm all for voicing it. I watch mostly WWE though I do watch some ROH and New Japan stuff and they've all got their weaknesses, things that could be improved upon and some things that you just think "what the hell is the point of that?"

Psykohurricane55 and Navi like this.
  4. Psykohurricane55

Psykohurricane55 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I didn't know if I would get people to reply to this post because this was just something I was trying out to see if I could start a discussion about the difference between the wwe and the Indies. I got 2 peoples to reply to it and both of them brought up good points.

For me, I'm a WWE guy and has been for 30 years. The only time I completely stop watching wwe was in the early 2000 when they we're pushing the envelope to far with the necrophilia angle.

With this thread, I wanted to bring in the difference between wwe and everything else. That's all. I couldn't care less about what you like or not but in the end, you can't compare the wwe to anything else in wrestling which seem to be the big fade right now

5. Navi

Navi With the safety off!!

I don't see a lot of people in this section comparing the WWE to the indies at all. Most who post here are WWE fans and that's what they want to talk about. If you want to talk about the indies as you put it, then go to that section.

I've sort of gone off the WWE over the last year, what with the prolonged push of he who shall not be named and the seemingly never-ending storylines. None of which I've found to be all that interesting if you want the truth. The best part of RAW right now is Strowman, even the Shield reunion felt rather flat to me. Now that the title is back on TV it might change, but honestly I don't see it happening. Will keep up with the spoilers but that's about it. I'm not even going to RAW and SD here next week, hubby and son are going instead. Last year it would be unthinkable I would miss it considering they don't come that often. But it is what it is.

Like I said before, it is all wrestling, sure there are differences, but if you are a fan of the sport nothing wrong with liking all or just parts of all promotions out there.

Dagger Dias and Psykohurricane55 like this.
  6. Smiley550

Smiley550 New Member

WWE needs an influx of new interesting main event players on both RAW and Smackdown. They have a bunch of good guys in NXT I wish they would bring up. I'm not gonna get into comparing WWE to feds like ROH or NJPW. I'll just say I watch RAW and Smackdown NJPW on AXS TV and NXT. If I want match quality NJPW is what you watch.

7. Spidercanrana

Spidercanrana Should've Reinstated The Fox
    Staff Member Moderator E-Fed Mod

It's like comparing college football with the NFL. Sure plenty of guys do it, and there are plenty of guys out there bitching about those guys, and plenty of guys complaining about those guys and plenty of guys posting blogs about those guys and plenty of guys starting Youtube channels over those guys, and plenty of guys commenting on those guys and spouting racial slurs, and ...

8. Malefic Messiah

Malefic Messiah Dark Match Jobber

I can only speak for myself but I am happier with the aspects of the programme I enjoy than I am discontent with other aspects of the programme.

It's kind of similar to how I feel about Roman Reigns in that I am more impressed with the flying clothesline than I am than I am tired of his overused superman punch and for as cringey as I find his turnbuckle clotheslines I am really impressed by his drive by attack.

I don't love everything on show from the WWE but I definitely don't hate everything either.

Jack-Hammer likes this.