• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Vintage Collection

Hacksaw Highway

Getting Noticed By Management
I just heard about this show the other day, and it seems kind of cool. Basically it's old matches from WWF, WCW, ECW, and other companies whose libraries are WWE-owned, hosted by Mean Gene. The episode I taped has Pillman vs Liger from WCW in the 80s, Chavo Jr vs Helms from early 2000s WCW, and Hitman vs 123 Kid from WWF in the 90s. It's a cool premise if you like older matches or are interested in seeing past stuff, but are too cheap to shell out for WWE 24/7 (which I am). I know it's on at 7:00 Eastern on the Score in Canada, not sure about the States. Anyways, just hadnt heard of it before and figured some people on here may be happy to know about it.

its on i think saturday if not sunday midday for australians and yeah its a pretty good show if u wanna check out some older matches i saw a few weeks ago i thunk it was hulk hogan vs bruno samarantino and it was good

Yeah, its on Sky Sports probably 6 or 7 times a week. Always try and catch it, ecspecially before a PPV as they sometimes do matches from the history of the PPV.

Yeah I caught this show on Saturday and I must say it's a great idea. Being able to see classic matches for free on a Saturday night is great. Brings back memories, especially the match featuring Bret Hart.

dude im from sydney and yes on fox8 sunday afternoons i watch this at 2pm i belive it is and yes i watched it last week. fuck me xpac was a good wrestler back in the day and it made me think how far he could of gone in the attitude era if handled correctly. this show is great it brings u back to the good old times and i love watching how the wrestling back then was so differnt to the wrestling these days. we should be greatful we have wrestlers these days who can fly and do all sorts of moves compared to the wrestlers before them who set the path.

It's been on over here in the UK for just over a year now its compelling viewing last week we had dynamite kid vs macho man. some of the matches are awesome but on the same hand others would have the modern day crowd booing them out the building. Vince is at times soooo bad on commentary it makes you wonder how he can justify screaming in the ear of the current broadcast teams to improve.

This show is news to me. If it is on in the states noone told me, and now I'm pissed. I want to watch it. Am I missing someone or am I the only one in the states that hasn't heard or doesn't know about it?

No you're not the only one. I clicked on this expecting it to be about "Vintage" Michael Cole. This does sound like a cool show tho.

As someone mentioned previously, this show has been broadcast in the UK for over a year now. Its very refreshing to watch great matches from the past rather than some of the present WWE products. However i think and i maybe wrong here, just up to last week they starting showing some WCW stuff cos up to them it was all past WWF/E. Reason being last week and this week has all been about the Cruiserweight Title. So from a personal point of view its cool to see some classic WCW matches again, i hope they keep this up. I rememeber also up to maybe a few years ago we got to see reruns of WCW Worldwide from the early 90s as part of WWF/E Classics Programme.

Well whats so special about the WWE Vintage collection as they won'y give you the best matches coz WWE will lose out on their WWE Demand subscriptions just like TNA has TNA Vault when you are better off check youtube.com for all wrestling matches

I watch every Saturday on etv in S.A. The show's only cool when we approach special PPV's like Wrestlemania & Summerslam because that's when the show you Vintage PPV matches.The don't show old WCW & ECW matches though.Its refreshing to see the greats, but it also makes you appreciate how far the industry has come when guys like Rey Mysterio & Jeff Hardy can become champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back