WWE Vengeance 2006 Discussion Thread

Steve

Occasional Pre-Show
20582804884.jpg

Thought maybe it would be a good idea to have all the discussion regarding Vengeance in one thread? You know it makes sense ;)

Maybe a moderator could pin this if they see fit.

Vengeance Card Thus Far:

WWE Championship
Rob Van Dam vs. Edge

D-Generation X vs. The Spirit Squad

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Triple Threat Match
Carlito vs. Johnny Nitro vs. Shelton Benjamin

Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton

Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair

John Cena vs. Sabu

Looks like a great show so far... we already saw Cena vs Sabu though at WWE vs ECW but w/e... It's a nice solid card. RVD/Edge looks great but not my idea of a main event... although the rest of the card's solid so you're not buying the ppv for the main event like WWE tries to do sometimes! I hope they make another solid match and maybe add in a womens match on top of that. Maybe we can see the Kane vs Kane imposter thing... but it might wait till summer slam

overall i like the card... looks entertaining

Looks like a very solid ppv, i'm going to see it in theatres...anyways i suspect that they will add ATLEAST one more mathc i'm thinking two though, possibly a Umaga match not sure who against possibly Umaga vs Eugene, Duggan handicap match? and prolly a Divas match thrown in somewhere.

I want to see the Mick Foley vs Ric flair Match. I hope mick foley wins How about you??

lalakerz said:
Looks like a great show so far... we already saw Cena vs Sabu though at WWE vs ECW but w/e... It's a nice solid card. RVD/Edge looks great but not my idea of a main event... although the rest of the card's solid so you're not buying the ppv for the main event like WWE tries to do sometimes! I hope they make another solid match and maybe add in a womens match on top of that. Maybe we can see the Kane vs Kane imposter thing... but it might wait till summer slam

overall i like the card... looks entertaining

I agree, so far this is looking like it's going to be a very good show, but It's going to have to be a classic to compare with TNA's Slammiversary this past weekend. But I think WWE will pull through and IMO, I'm glad to see these two(RVD and Edge) main eventing a WWE ppv together, This being there first time in the ME I don't think they will disappoint. I also agree with the fact for once the ME isn't the highlight of the show. It looks like a very well-rounded card, And I'll be paying to see it(Something I usually don't do, only WM's and ONS I & II)

I am thinking a lot of people are going to purchase this PPV to see DX, possibly WWE will even attract some of the older wrestling fans who havnt watched in a while. It'll be interesting to see what happens on tonights RAW, the final RAW before the PPV.

This is by far one of the better PPV that only involves 1 of the 2 brands (raw and smackdown) this is technically a raw PPV, and it looks sharp. i havent ordered any smackdown only PPVs, only the big ones rumble, summer slam, survivor series, and of course wrestlemania.

I'm very dissapointed to see that WWE will continue to push Cena as their Champ!

The shocker tonite was RVD winning over Edge. I wanted RVD to win, but though Edge was going to win the belt.

Now it will be Cena vs RVD tomorrow on RAW... with crappy Cena winning the belt AGAIN! Damn!

Dam, can't bel;ieve the imposter kane won. This was the perfect time to push kane and wwe is screwing it up. Looks like kane will never get the world title.

I would really enjoy this ppv all the matches look good and i just cant wait to see DX's first match reunited. But maybe more people will come out and help them and join DX . what do you think ?

Just got back from watching the PPV. I must say, it was pretty bad. That might have been the deadest/quietest crowd I've ever heard/seen for a PPV. This was the first PPV I've ordered besides Wrestlemania in a long time, and I was really disappointed.

It was a good ppv i thought. I was correct on 5/8 matches the biggest shocker was RVD winning i defenatly thought he would lose to Edge. I was also wrong about Johnny Nitro winning the Intercontinental Championship WTF is up with that!? and wrong about Sabu losing to John Cena, the rest was quite predictable.

I went to this PPV. It was awesome. The DX match and the IC title match were my favs. I didn't like how the IC title match ended, but it was a great match.

Just watched the PPV!

I dont think that it was a bad show.

The wrestling was good, and some of the backstage sequences were hilarious. Great way to kick off the PPV too with that opening match!

I think Vengeance 2006 was a decent card. It was not as good as last year's Vengeance or but better than the last raw PPV, but I only have seen the main event:

Synopsis:

1. Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle 6/10- a bone-thugged, back in forth encounter, that did not meet up to the expectations of their first encounter. The match suffered from Orton's Master of 1,000 chinlock's gimmick, also that the WWE are trying to make Orton seem more primitive in the WWE, therefore he was put over, and for angle to be more primitive in ECW.

2. UMAGA (w/Armando Alejandro Estrada) vs. EUGENE (w/Hacksaw Duggan, Doink, Kamala)-0/10 This was nothing worthy to watch, just as usual with squash matches. Eugene actually recieves early offense in the match. Doesn't matter. This was a gimmick match to help get over Umaga as WWe's new freak.

3. RIC FLAIR vs. MICK FOLEY-6.5/10 It obvious that the two men were not trying to steal show, meaning that the feud will continue. Just like many WWE angles they throw out something huge and then waste it, this was used to get over Foley's Anti-hardcore gimmick. Applaudible for a short brawl, but a let down a real brawl.

4. SHELTON BENJAMIN vs. CARLITO vs. JOHNNY NITRO (w/Melina) -- IC Title match-8/10 This match was well done from alpha to Omega. Each man contributed like in last year's one, and this match delivered fresh, neat spots such as Carlito's senton to Shelton and Nitro out the ring, and the Superplex-Backdrop sequence. Giving Nitro the IC tItle was done to get him over, but this three-way is wahat finally show cases him as a legit contender.

5. ROB VAN DAM vs. EDGE (w/Lita)-8/10-This was another well round match, that the right man went over cause he needed to prove himself a great champion. It was a satisfying match because (1. Lots of Nearfalls, (2. Got Edge over as hardcore, 3. Got RVD over a resilient hampion, and keeps the string of good matches to come.

6. KANE vs. IMPOSTER KANE-3/10-A lumbering match in front of a silent crowd. It's official that Kane can not go with any body his size or gimmick. Terrible match, close your eyes when you see this.

7. JOHN CENA vs. SABU --6/10 Lumberjack Match- For some reason I was suprised Cena would have WWE Lumberjacks out there. I mean he's supposed to be the anti-WWE character in himself, but however a pretty fine match. Cena is supposed to be a conquerer, so he have to defeat ECW's most hardcore character Sabu and put him back into his remakibg of name position/

8. DX (Shawn Michaels & Triple H) vs. SPIRIT SQUAD- 8/10- Fun, energetic action that helps get over both factions. It furthers to the DX's mock the sprit jock's gimmick, and leaves with their memorable moment. The Squad members other than Mikey, get character development; Mikey we know now think's or know's karate, Mitch is a sucker for ass-kicking, Johnny is all around athlete, and Nicky as the powerful heel.

Overall grade: When Vince said " I'll see you tomorrow night" it sounded very flat, and killed off some of the buzz that D-X just made. The good on card matches were all satisfying, but this card might possibly had too many matches for all to shine. The bad matches, were nothing but terrible, don't watch. It seems like they're building ther midcard and adding an extreme style to some old WWE faces and new, John Cena, Ric Flair, and Edge.

--------------------

I think it was slightly obvious that the main event was more focused on the comedy value than the wrestling.

Trips and Shawn are getting a bit older now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back