• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Transformations

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
Inspired by the "WWE Transformations" feature on WWE.com I would like to take the time to ask the WWE Universe (ICW) there opinion on the greatest WWE transformations current or past. Whether it be updated their ring gear, changing there gimmick for the better, undergoing personal evolution or finding a deeper appreciation for body ink, many WWE superstars and Divas have undergone the most incredible metamorphoses imaginable.

So what WWE superstar has undergone the greatest transformation for the better? & who has gone through the worst?

So what WWE superstar has undergone the greatest transformation for the better? & who has gone through the worst?

Best
Ringmaster to Stone Cold,
Rocky Maivia to The Rock,
Bradshaw to John Bradshaw Layfield,
Hunter Hearst Helmsley to Triple H,
Undertaker to Bikertaker to Undertaker
Generic John Cena to white rapper John Cena
"Awesome" Edge to "Rater R Superstar" Edge
Nicky to Dolph Ziggler
Generic face/heel Cody Rhodes to Dashing to Un-Dashing Cody Rhodes
"Host of Smackdown" Miz to "AWESOME" Miz
"Y2J" Jericho to "Best in the World at What I Do" Jericho
Big heel Hulk Hogan to "Real American" Hulk Hogan to Hollywood Hogan to Hulk Hogan
"Surfer Sting"/Blonde Hair Sting to Crow Sting.
There are more but I'll stop there.

Worst
Booker T to King Booker (though it was funny at times)
Great Khali to "Kiss Cam" Khali
"Not My Fault" Gene Snitsky to Yellow Teeth Foot Fetish Gene Snitsky

Best
Ringmaster to Stone Cold,
Rocky Maivia to The Rock,
Bradshaw to John Bradshaw Layfield,
Hunter Hearst Helmsley to Triple H,
Undertaker to Bikertaker to Undertaker
Generic John Cena to white rapper John Cena
"Awesome" Edge to "Rater R Superstar" Edge
Nicky to Dolph Ziggler
Generic face/heel Cody Rhodes to Dashing to Un-Dashing Cody Rhodes
"Host of Smackdown" Miz to "AWESOME" Miz
"Y2J" Jericho to "Best in the World at What I Do" Jericho
Big heel Hulk Hogan to "Real American" Hulk Hogan to Hollywood Hogan to Hulk Hogan
"Surfer Sting"/Blonde Hair Sting to Crow Sting.
There are more but I'll stop there.

Worst
Booker T to King Booker (though it was funny at times)
Great Khali to "Kiss Cam" Khali
"Not My Fault" Gene Snitsky to Yellow Teeth Foot Fetish Gene Snitsky

Are you serious Bro? King Booker was an amazing gimmick

Face CM Punk to Heel CM Punk. He went from another boring stale face to the best heel in the company and has continued to grow since switching

Face CM Punk to Heel CM Punk. He went from another boring stale face to the best heel in the company and has continued to grow since switching

Could also be from Straight Edge CM Punk to Straight Edge Savior to New Nexus Leader

Miz going from a random douche with a weird hat to being an established douche w/o a hat whos now a former WWE champion is a pretty good transformation

R-Truth going from jolly rapper jobber to psychopath is a really really good transformation

Jack Swagger going from being Jack Swagger to being a cheap knock off of Kurt Angle is a pretty bad transformation

Also if it counts , Husky Harriss showing up at an FCW event w/ the name Axel and wearing a slipknot mask and a misfits shirt sitting in the corner like raven used to... is a pretty ridiculous and bad change imo

Best....

-Cocky and Generic Randy orton.........To the Psycho, badass viper. I don't care what anyone say's, I love his current gimmick, and is the opposite of boring to me.

-Deadman Undertaker to the Badass.....I like the deadman gimmick a lot more, but at the time, the fan's loved the gimmick change.

WORST

-Sheamus the celtic warrior, to the Green robe wearing King sheamus.

Nuff said.

I'm going to talk about a couple of the ladies for this one.

The best revamp was the formation of Team Lay-Cool. Michelle McCool floundered as a face in various gimmicks after she came up in 2006, even though she got a few reigns as Women's Champ and was the first Divas Champ. Layla El won the 2006 Diva Search, was part of Extreme Expose and was William Regal's manager for a while. Then they came together and became the biggest thing in the Divas division since Trish left.

The worst revamp was Molly Holly, who went from being a sweet, lovable country bumpkin to a self-righteous prude (by way of being the Hurricane's sidekick). Her segments tended to be an excuse for the other women to flaunt their sexuality while she stood there with her mouth hanging open. Then WWE made things even worse by initiating the infamous "junk in your trunk" storyline. Even though she was extremely talented in the ring, people couldn't take her seriously because they were too busy laughing at her - and not in a good way.

Best can go to a few...Rocky-The Rock...Ringmaster-Stone Cold...Hunter-The Game. Lately I'd say R-Truth & Miz. Savage when he went to the Macho King was amazing. He hands down took the crown and ran with the king gimmick better than anyone til this day. I also believe, rapper Cena to super Cena. He's become the cash cow. It might be an unpopular choice but he's WAY more popular now than he was then.

Worst...Sheamus-King Sheamus...One Man Gang-Akeen the African Dream...Booker T...King Booker (funny @ times but overdone and got boring)...Deadman-Biker Gimmick (biker taker never grew on me)...and don't know if this counts but Smash-The Repo Man

Best Transformations:

Scotty Flamingo - Johnny Polo - Raven

Deacon Bautista - Batista

"Hoo-Rah" Miz - "Awesome" Miz

And a personal favorite-

Sterling Golden - Terry Boulder - Hulk Hogan

Worst Transformations-

Just about anyone that dons the "King of the Ring" king gimmick that's name isn't Randy Savage. King Booker and King Sheamus stick out the recent worst ones, but an honorable mention to King Mable needs to be mentioned.

OVW Record Holding Nick Dinsmore - Special Needs Eugene

TNA starlight Chris Harris - Braden Walker

Cocky Randy - Slow Talking Randy (sorry folks; I liked his personality a lot more when he thought he was "all that" compared to this character he plays now, who can't keep from saying "I have anger issues" every time a microphone presents itself)

**Bonus**

Mable - Viscera - Humping Viscera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo