WWE to remove Wrestling from Brand

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
Source

The Wrestling Observer and PWInsider.com are reporting that WWE has issued a new “internal edict” that the word “wrestling” will no longer be used in any way by the company going forward. This news comes just two weeks after a PR person for WWE had a problem with a website using the term “wrestling” when describing Drew Carey going into the company’s Hall of Fame.

All promotional material is expected to be brand as simply WWE instead of “World Wrestling Entertainment” – a rule that was reportedly put in place around a week ago. Many have compared this to how KFC began branding itself by keeping the same name, but no longer being known as Kentucky Fried Chicken. The main goal of this change is to brand the company going forward as “entertainment” based as opposed to being labeled as a wrestling company.

*scratches head*??? the WWE has been saying for a long time that it doesn’t want to be just a wrestling company so this move doesn’t surprise me in the least bit. They aren’t saying they won’t have wrestling or are ashamed of wrestling, but they want to establish themselves as being more than just wrestling company and there is nothing wrong with branching out. But don't bite the hand that feeds you, I mean for years the majority of WWE popularity has come from WRESTLING fans..

Does anyone honestly not immediately think "fried chicken" when they hear KFC? Nobody is going to think anything besides "professional wrestling" when they hear WWE. If this is the WWE's motivation, it's really, REALLY stupid.

As for Wrestlemania, I doubt they'll change it. The WWE loves their traditions, and Vince is especially proud of the Wrestlemania tradition. It may be the one thing that is safe from this anti-wrestling bullshit.

I just don't get why they're trying to hide what they are...

The whole thing is just stupid beyond belief. Nobody watches WWE to see what new straight to DVD movie is coming out. You have people fake fighting in a wrestling ring. It's freaking wrestling. The stupidity of the people inside Titan Towers baffles me sometimes.

Does anyone honestly not immediately think "fried chicken" when they hear KFC? Nobody is going to think anything besides "professional wrestling" when they hear WWE. If this is the WWE's motivation, it's really, REALLY stupid.

As for Wrestlemania, I doubt they'll change it. The WWE loves their traditions, and Vince is especially proud of the Wrestlemania tradition. It may be the one thing that is safe from this anti-wrestling bullshit.

I just don't get why they're trying to hide what they are...

Having "Kentucky Fried Chicken" labelled all over their packaging and condiments doesn't really help with the masking either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back