• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE TLC- Dolph Ziggler VS Fandango (Kickoff Match)

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
20131209_TLC_KICKOFF_LIGHT2_C-HOMEPAGE.jpg

Talk about a fall from grace for Dolph Ziggler. A fromer MITB winner, he feuded with Cena a little while ago, he was the World Heavyweight Champion this year, and now he's regulated to a pre-show match with Fandango? Ouch. Personally, I've never been the biggest fan of Ziggler, and I don't see what so many of his fans see, but it's a huge drop-off either way you look at it.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be a comedy match, with Fandango dancing around, and Dolph should get the win after a pretty quick match. I can't picture Fandango picking up the win, because his stock plummeted after Wrestlemania 29. I'm not too surprised, though, because Fandango is just a comedy guy now (using hindsight, it's hard to believe WWE put a good amount of effort into the feud with Jericho), and the character has a short life span.

Should be a easy win for Dolph.....but he hasn't won a singles match in a while and I'm afraid WWE might keep it that way on Sunday for......reasons unknown.

I'm pretty excited about this match. Fandango is very underrated in the ring. They've never wrestled each other before either. Both guys have very similar in ring abilities. This will probably end up being one of the best matches on the card if you let them wrestle for at least 15 minutes.

Ziggler shouldn't be on the pre-show but I'll get past that. It will be a good pre-show match and that is all that can be said. The winner is irrelevant.

I will say, surely they could have these two in the Intercontinental Title match. A fatal-4-way match between Ziggler, Fandango, Sandow and Big E would be fantastic. Big E beat Fandango a few weeks ago and Sandow defeated Ziggler in a number one contender's match. A fatal-4-way would have been different and exciting but I suppose two singles matches will pass.

Ziggler shouldn't be on the pre-show but I'll get past that. It will be a good pre-show match and that is all that can be said. The winner is irrelevant.

I will say, surely they could have these two in the Intercontinental Title match. A fatal-4-way match between Ziggler, Fandango, Sandow and Big E would be fantastic. Big E beat Fandango a few weeks ago and Sandow defeated Ziggler in a number one contender's match. A fatal-4-way would have been different and exciting but I suppose two singles matches will pass.

Big E is better served in singles matches than a fatal four way. In a singles match, he can shine. In a fatal four way, he's not the sole focus.

This match should be decent and it could definitely be viewed as a #1 contender match for the IC title. Actually, I wish they would promote it as that type of match and keep feeding opponents to Big E to further his rise. It's the old formula, but it works.

Dolph wins this because he would probably make a more viable opponent to Big E than Fandango.

It's a good pre-show match. Should be entertaining if they're given 15 minutes or so.

I've read that WWE are struggling to get the trademark on Fandango's name. If that's the case I suggest that they drop the gimmick. It has no longevity anyway and Fandango has shown me enough for me to feel he could easily occupty a spot similar to that of Ziggler....Ziggler from a year ago. Now they occupy the same spot.

I will say, surely they could have these two in the Intercontinental Title match. A fatal-4-way match between Ziggler, Fandango, Sandow and Big E would be fantasticI've never been the biggest fan of Ziggler, and I don't see what so many of his fans see, but it's a huge drop-off either way you look at it.

Talk about a fall from grace for Dolph Ziggler. A fromer MITB winner, he feuded with Cena a little while ago

It wasn't "a little while ago". It was EXACTLY one year ago at TLC.

But the fall from grace is more evident once you consider that Dolph actually WON last year's TLC main event, while this year he's on the pre-show.

Should be a very entertaining match. I don't have a problem with dolph on the preschool. Not everyone can be on every card so it's good he's event getting exposure.

Two jobbers doing their thang. Gonna be a good match if given the time.I suspect they would want to prove themselves so that they are bumped up the card, especially Ziggler, man this dude sure needs to prove himself!

It might be an entertaining match, but it's a hard one to pick because it doesn't make a rat's ass of difference who wins & loses. Neither guy could be classified as a jobber because both pick up enough televised wins to be considered above that status, yet neither one is going anywhere.

I suppose the result might turn on where Dolph is in his career cycle. The company seems to be ready to give this guy a world championship at one moment, only to turn and saddle him with a string of losses, during which time we'll read how there is "major heat" on him; the nature of which is never really defined.

Meanwhile, does Fandango have wrestling ability? It doesn't really matter much, does it? At this point, after he's finished dancing, I'm more interested in what his Fandangirl is doing at ringside than whether Johnny Curtis is a good ring worker or not.

If management isn't currently angry at Dolph Ziggler, I guess he wins.

Either-or. Whatever.:shrug:

I'm glad that this is the kickoff match. If it were on the main card it would be in danger of being one of the matches I cared the least about. Ziggler sure has fallen ever since last year and it is very strange to see where he is on the card now compared to a year ago. Oh well. The match itself should be alright but it will be nothing special. Dolph gets the win and moves on to some filler feud and Fandango will go back to being annoying.

DAGGER'S PREDICTIONS
Dolph Ziggler will defeat Fandango.

Wow not only does Dolph get put on the kickoff show, he actually lost to Fandango. Not sure what happened to Dolph, but it seems as though he is finished being anywhere near the the title picture. I never thought he was the second coming like a lot of others did, but he deserves better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back