WWE: The Miami Sub-Regional

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
This is where to discuss the sub-regional headlined by the Rock.

The First Three Rounds Take Place In: Miami, FL
3. The Rock
62. Justin Credible

30. Evan "Air" Bourne
35. THE Brian Kendrick

14. "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
51. Tatsumi Fujinami

19. Ron Simmons
46. Bad News Brown

6. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
59. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff

27. Rick "The Model" Martel
38. Bubba Ray Dudley

11. "The Big Red Machine" Kane
54. Frank Gotch

22. Nick Bockwinkle
43. Shane "Shane O'Mac" McMahon

Round 2 Matches:
Miami, Fl.

3. The Rock
30. Evan Bourne

14. Arn Anderson
19. Ron Simmons

6. Curt Hennig
27. Rick Martel

11. Kane
22. Nick Bockwinkle

Round 3
Miami, Fl

3. The Rock
14. Arn Anderson

6. Curt Hennig
11. Kane

Rock could be in trouble here. Hennig or Kane could be a very tricky match for him. Hennig is an incredibly underrated wrestler and when Kane debuted he was the epitome of a monster. Rock is awesome indeed, but this might be too much even for the Great One. Depending on who else is in there, I'd see Kane and Rock in the finals here, with it being way too close to call this early one.

Alright, Home Towns are usually an advantage. But I have seen the Miami crowd turn on him before. Sure it is home, but Kane has no home. And Kane can take the Miami heat... the temperature and the basketball team for that matter. And I am not going to take anything from Curt here either, he can easily come in and steal a win out of anyone in this tournament, especially if he gets some great pushes.

Before I go further, thanks again for putting this together, and also to all those involved. (This was my first opportunity to post here in a while)

So, into the bracket. Obviously, once more people fill in, this will start to take shape, but the three listed have to be considered HEAVY favorites to win the first few rounds. Kane, in most incarnations, is possibly the biggest 'monster' ever. Mr. Perfect can probably be put over anyone in wrestling capacity. The Rock is 'The Great One' and has homefield advantage. Combine all these factors, and we should have some interesting matchups.

I can see The Rock making finals here. A Kane/Perfect matchup also looks very possible. However, there are so many unknowns right now that this is only speculation. I look foward to posting here again.

Good stuff.

The hometown advantage doesn't favor the Rock as it would most superstarts. Kane in his prime was unstoppable and Mr. Perfect was one of the best wrestlers during the 80s and 90s. As much as I love the Rock, I can't see him winning this region. I think the honor goes to Mr. Perfect for now depending who he gets paired up against.

Could be tricky for the Great One already. Perhaps hoping for an upset early on to rid us of Kane. The monster may just be too much for anyone to handle. This isnt the fat, slow jobber Kane we have know. This is the monster who was unstopabble and shrugged off pain like it was nothing. Will be tough for The Rock.

This particular sub region could very well be wide open. We only have three announced participants, and any one of them could win this region. Still, The Rock has to be a heavy favorite. The People's Champ in his hometown? You know he's going to be giving 110%. As technically sound as Curt Hennig is, I don't know if could overcome the sheer energy and determination of The Rock on his home turf. I would actually consider Kane to be more of a threat than Perfect just due to the sheer difference in size.

Somehow, Mr. Perfect will find a way to finish 3rd in this three horse race. He's a great in-ring performer, but I don't see what he could do to overcome Kane's sheer strength that also comes with agility and speed. the Perfectplex is practically useless, so he'd have to find a way to get the Big Red Monster off his feet, and work a body part to stand a chance.

The Rock is a great wrestler, and should have no problems working his way through the first few rounds. He'll face one hell of a test in Kane though. He's got muscle, but not nearly up to Kane's level when he was on top of his game. If he can get him down, he'll have to turn this into a submission match, and try his damndest to make him tap. I don't see it happening. Kane in an upset.

Kane has a great mix of size and speed to get him past any number of people he faces. He'll stand a good fight from Hennig, but will move on. That match-up will only further prepare him for the showdown with The Rock. The Rock Bottom is easily reversed, and Kane sitting up is enough to make Rocky nervous about the People's Elbow. The only way Kane loses, is if people vote based on popularity. Kane is well-built for the gimmick matches, but faces a number of big time tests in possible opponents.

Hennig is a great wrestler, and he could definitely take away Kanes power and size advantages. Usally the seedings make it pretty obvious who will go through - the one seeded highest. However, is The Rock good enough to defeat Hennig? I think it'll be close, The Rock was more entertaining, but Hennig is underrated.

How is Henning underrated again? He's always at the top of lists when it comes to who should have been a world champion. He's constantly mentioned on this and other forums unlike Brutus ''The Barber'' Beefcake. He's one of the only wrestlers I can think of who escapes any sort of criticism. In no way shape or for is he underrated.

How is Henning underrated again? He's always at the top of lists when it comes to who should have been a world champion. He's constantly mentioned on this and other forums unlike Brutus ''The Barber'' Beefcake. He's one of the only wrestlers I can think of who escapes any sort of criticism. In no way shape or for is he underrated.

That answers it really. He never was champion, despite the fact he is a really good wrestler. He's rarely named on "Top 10" lists, and is often forgotten. Brutus Beefcake isn't mentioned because there's nothing to say about him, he's hardly great.

That answers it really. He never was champion, despite the fact he is a really good wrestler.

A mid carder with a back injury, why should he have been champion? There were plenty of better options for the belt at the time. If he was around now, in his prime, maybe. But in the late 80's early 90's there weren't as many main event spots. He had his feud with Hogan, which was the pinnacle for a lot of wrestlers at the time.

He's rarely named on "Top 10" lists, and is often forgotten.

He's frequently in peoples top 10. It's just you only scan for Shawn Michaels so you miss him.

Brutus Beefcake isn't mentioned because there's nothing to say about him, he's hardly great.

There's plenty to say on him. See my thread for all you need to know.

VOTE BEEFCAKE​

A mid carder with a back injury, why should he have been champion? There were plenty of better options for the belt at the time. If he was around now, in his prime, maybe. But in the late 80's early 90's there weren't as many main event spots. He had his feud with Hogan, which was the pinnacle for a lot of wrestlers at the time.

He should have been champion, because he is really good. And when you look at some of the people who have been champion it makes you wonder why he never was. He is underratd because he deserved a spot higher than being in the mid card.

He's frequently in peoples top 10. It's just you only scan for Shawn Michaels so you miss him.

I scan for Shawn Michael first. Then I read them properly.

There's plenty to say on him. See my thread for all you need to know.

VOTE BEEFCAKE​

I have done. He's still pretty meh.

Rock will make it to the final I reckon.

As for Hennig & Kane, both guys have such opposite styles that to even say who will win isn't going to work. Kane can manhandle Hennig, but Hennig can somehow take him down, so it's a coin-toss. Either way, the winner will be in for a tough final match in Rock. He's hometown, despite being 'a sellout' he's still one of the most entertaining guys WWF has produced and was one of the Attitude Era mainstays.

When all else fails, he has held the title for two days, beating either of the other two

If anything, Mr. Perfect is over-rated. Everyone on these boards toots his horn as if he is the second-coming of Lou Thesz. He was good in the ring, yes! I understand that. Just because someone is good in the ring doesn't mean they are the greatest thing in the world. Lance Storm was incredible in the ring. Would he beat the Rock? No! Curt Henning wouldn't either.

No, Lance Storm was also in a different world then Perfect. Perfect was great at cutting promos, cutting down his opponents confidence before he ever entered the ring, and he is the reason why I would perhaps put him over someone like Arn Anderson easily. Arn was a bull, but this tournament is loaded with better beats then him. Arn might even have a hard time getting over his first few opponents.

Arn Anderson is the guy I'll be rooting for here. Tremedously underrated, unlike Hennig, who I do feel is somewhat overrated by many. Arn is, in my eyes, the greatest performer to never become world champion, Hennig perhaps second. Arn had great charisma, was one of the best on the mic, and his in-ring work was just as good as anyones. Sure, he was the size of a bull and could dominate most people with his strength and brawling, but Arn could take it to the mat and get technical with the best of them.

Obviously he guy was overshadowed by Flair, but Arn really deserves more credit for just how great he was.

One of my all time favorites is now in this bracket. This guy was about as underrated as you can get. Will he beat the Rock should he get that far? No, but it would be a match i'd pay to see. Anderson had some freakish power for someone his size. If there's a Horsemen or two with him, Anderson could give the Rock a great fight, but in the end he'll fall to the Brahma Bull. Should be a great one though.

The Rock should come out of this bracket, this isn't a tournament of what ifs, it is a tournament of who should win, and basically The Rock is simply better than everyone in this bracket. Hennig is his toughest opponent but The Rock could beat him. He has beaten some good ones in his career and this shouldn't be any different. I like Arn but he's more of a tag worker than a singles competitor in my book...

On my list, The Rock came in at #13, and Arn came in at #17. It's bound to happen, and will be a hell of a match, and I'd be torn on who to vote for.

Since this is the WWE, The Rock will win, whether it's by fan support, or legitimate votes. Arn shouldn't get blown out, but something tells me it will happen. My favorite to win is still Kane, but I wouldn't be shocked if Arn or Rocky won this.

If Arn finds a way to pull this off, he'll still probably get bounced in the gimmick rounds. He may be able to handle himself well in HiAC, because he has been in a few War Games matches, but I don't think he'd do enough to upset someone with more experience.

Hometown favorite, The Rock, will overcome the odds of the better technical Superstar in Hennig, and the better overall wrestler in Anderson. Kane was shit, even at his best.

The thing is though, The Rock doesn't deserve to defeat someone like Curt Hennig, or Arn Anderson. The Rock made a living off being an entertainer, not a Professional Wrestler. He'll be forever remembered for an elbow drop, an eyebrow, and a nickname as "The People's" Champion.

You know, Dwayne Johnson did the best possible thing he could do.. and that's get out before he was truly seen as a fraud in wrestling.

Arn Anderson is who I'll be backing. But he likely won't be favored over someone as "famous" as The Crock. Which is a true shame.

Arn is the most undderated of the four people and could suprise a lot of people. he could take on all thre of these men. That being said, Kane would be practically unstoppobale in this match, a vicious attack on all three would not be out of the question. Henning could throw Rock & Anderson about with suplexes and would have enough ring savy to conquer Kane. The Rock on the other hand was a solid wrestler overall and is the only one of the four to have multiple world title reigns. I'll say that The rock picks up the win with the Rock Bottom on Anderson.

He should have been champion, because he is really good. And when you look at some of the people who have been champion it makes you wonder why he never was. He is underratd because he deserved a spot higher than being in the mid card.

He's probably remembered most for having a great match with Bret Hart and singing an anti-rap song. Hardy enough to justify a world title run.

For somebody as good as people say he is, he sure didn't have a stacked DVD.

I scan for Shawn Michael first. Then I read them properly.

Obviously not if you've not seen people talking about Mr. Perfect.

I have done. He's still pretty meh.

He's got a bietter win/loss record than Perfect, that's a fact. It'll all down to pure talent.

VOTE BEEFCAKE

I can't see why the Rock wouldn't win in this region. It's in his home town and he basically started an era with the help of Stone Cold Steve Austin. The Rock may not be the most technical guy, but he would beat the best.

Sure, Arn Anderson and Curt Henning are famous for their brilliant technical abilities, and Mr Perfect might even have a chance at getting close to beating the Rock, but I just can't see it happening. All 4 are WWE(WWF) guys anyway so it's an even playing field. Kane won't win this by any means, he just isn't that great overall.

But I can see everyone voting for the Rock here over Curt Henning in the final match of the Miamo Sub-Region. And I'll join them in voting for the People's Champion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back