• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Survivor Series: WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Fourway Match

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
I thought there was something missing when I was looking over the number of matches for Survivor Series. Monday, it was announced that there'll be a fourway match for the tag titles featuring Gold & Stardust defending against The Usos, The Miz & Damien Mizdow and Los Matadores.

While it's obvious the tag team scene has most certainly cooled down, it's still a long way from where it was at this time a couple of years ago. Still, here's hoping that things get back on track before too long.

I don't see Goldie & Stardust dropping the titles. Los Matadores are for all intents & purposes a comedy tag team, Miz & Mizdow really aren't an actual team and I think things will either go south with them here or they'll be gin to and they've beaten The Usos several times already.

Looking forward to it. It's a nothing match. The sole purpose is to fill a gap. But it could easily be one of the more entertaining matches on the show.

As for who wins, who cares. WWE certainly don't, so neither do I.

When you look at the challengers, Goldust and Stardust walking out as champions is a forgone conclusion, because there's no real reason to put the belts on Los Matadores, Mizdow, or The Usos.

As far as the match itself goes, there's a slight chance it could be a fun free-for-all, or a boring and forgettable Raw, Smackdown, or Main Event quality match.

This match has to be used to split Mizdow, because Damien Mizdow has committed the Cardinal Sin in the new generation of shitty smark wrestling fans, he was good at his job as a heel, so the fans have turned him against his will. They did the same thing to Ryback. They did the same thing to BNB.

At this point, Miz and Damien on a team hurts them both. Miz is a brilliant heel. Sandow is a a great comedy guy. They can't work together.

The Dust Bros win this match, and Mizdow splits. Maybe we'll actually get lucky, and the Los Matadores will leave TV for a few months, and return with Carlito.

Goldust and Stardust wins this match. It sucks the lack of competitors they have left to face. Only team they hadn't face is this "New Day" group. I'm hoping The Ascension would have debuted by now.

20141103_EP_LIGHT_SurvivorSeries_Match_HP_4way.jpg

I could see this opening up the show. Generally I like Fatal Fourway match stipulations due to the potential chaos they can bring. The current Tag Team Champions are going to retain here. There's no reason to put the belts back on The Usos (they never should have held the belts in the first place) and Los Matadores are nothing but a joke at this point. The only team in this who even remotely have a chance of winning are Miz and Mizdow. As much as I dislike Miz, I have found Mizdow's miming of literally everything Miz does to be pretty funny. They'd make interesting Tag Team Champions, but Goldust & Stardust need this win. If they are to be pushed as the top team then strong title defenses in matches like this one are needed. Should be good. My only issue is that I hope they have a representative from all four teams actively "legal" in the match at all times, not the idiocy of one of The Usos potentially tagging in Goldust, for example. I hate that crap, it makes zero sense. Keep it within legitimate Fatal Fourway style and have someone from each team actively participating in the match at all times. Goldust & Stardust retain to open the show.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Goldust & Stardust will retain the Tag Team Champioinship.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and pick Miz and Mizdow as the new tag champs. Now I love the Dusts, they're easily one of the best teams I've seen in a long time. But they have gotten nothing to work with as champs, they rarely get any mic time and they lose most of their matches against the Usos, even had a losing streak against Los Matadores. It pains me to say it but the Dusts are the placeholder champs while they continue to ignore the division and them winning tonight would just continue boring status quo that the division's been stuck in for so long.

Miz/Mizdow don't really have a winning record either but Miz does get consistent mic time and Mizdow is popular atm, this may be the best way to capitalize on that. Plus we'll see the titles a lot more in all of their promos/Miz TV and Miz constantly bragging about being a tag champ will naturally get the titles more attention than they're getting now.

You know, I really didn't have high hopes for this match going in but it definitely pleasantly surprised me.

Opening up the show can be a poisoned chalice as people like to you to set the bar high for the rest of the PPV. Thankfully, it set the bar really high with the performances within. The greatest strength of this match was that it made all 4 of the teams look pretty strong. The genuine tag teams in the match looked awesome and even the Miz and Mizdow looked good with the win.

More than anything though, I was really happy with the way Mizdow was received. I think his gimmick is absolutely incredible and something I have never seen before. His antics on the outside of the ring were both entertaining and hilarious. The reception he got in comparison to The Miz was exceptional and I am looking forward to seeing how the WWE carry this forward.

Really good opener for the show. Great win for The Miz and Mizdow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back