WWE Superstars

Fratelli

Pre-Show Stalwart
this is a general thread to discuss all things to do with the newest wwe show, WWE Superstars!

on the 1st episode it has been announced that "The Instant Classic" Christian will face Finlay for the #1 contendership for the ECW Title, and in the main event "The Phenom" The Undertaker will face off against Matt Hardy, fresh off his recent draft to RAW.

not bad opening show wouldn't you agree.

now to kick things off i have one question, is wwe superstars available to watch in the UK?

The first epsiode seems to be shaping up nicely. I hope it is available to watch in the UK but I haven't heard anything just yet or seen any advertisements for it yet. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see...though the UK usually gets all the WWE shows so I would be suprised if we didn't get this one.

It looks to be a pretty good start to the show, but it won't last. This is going to be too much wrestling on during the week. I never thought I would say that, but I do have a life, and it does contain things that don't pertain to wrestling. We now have a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday(TNA), Friday, and now a weekend show. PPV's happen every month. This is why the writing is such crap today. Feuds don't have the time to develop. Too many feuds happen in 1 year. Make the fans want more is the way to keep them watching. This seems like give the fans so much they need to back away and take a break for wrestling. Hey just my opinion, but I think this show will be similar to Thursday night Thunder and that was brutal to watch. Even worse it could be similar to current TNA writing or shows.

This seems like a good start for this show. I wanna watch it. 2 bad that they put it on a crap channel that most people dont have. I dont have WGN America and I havent even heard of it before Superstars. O well sorry 4 ranting a little bit

I agree this show looks like it could be a good one, myself, my family and almost all my friends want to watch it but of course its on a channel not offered any where by my cable company. That means people in Canada, or NY, or Ohio or any state that uses the cable company Time Warner will not get to watch this show. Hopefully WWE will change networks when they get crappy ratings.

The show was created for the Tribune Company (owners of WGN) to help bail their asses out of bankruptcy, so unfortunately for everyone who does not get WGN on their cable systems (myself included), we won't be seeing "Superstars" anytime soon.

i get to watch it since i have the channel :)

anyway, this show won't last, it'll start off using big names like Undertaker or possibly Triple H, but after a short while it'll probably just turn into a jobber show.. i keep wondering though, how many shows does the WWE really need? they have Raw, Smackdown, ECW and now Superstars

kk, sorry about this but just reading through, WGN and WGN America are the same thing right? and wgn is the network smackdown is shown on right? also this show should be used like the old heat or velocity, and put the unified tag team titles and hopefully cruiserweight title over there, and make it its own brand, for up and comers and also high flyers, and then on ECW make it that woman show, take all the wemon put them on ECW, and then we have
RAW-Attitude Era based aimed toward the adults
ECW-All Diva Show
Superstars- Basically the Now ECW, with the cruiserweight titles and tag titles
Smackdown- The kiddy show

kk, sorry about this but just reading through, WGN and WGN America are the same thing right? and wgn is the network smackdown is shown on right? also this show should be used like the old heat or velocity, and put the unified tag team titles and hopefully cruiserweight title over there, and make it its own brand, for up and comers and also high flyers, and then on ECW make it that woman show, take all the wemon put them on ECW, and then we have
RAW-Attitude Era based aimed toward the adults
ECW-All Diva Show
Superstars- Basically the Now ECW, with the cruiserweight titles and tag titles
Smackdown- The kiddy show

ok please not this again, the attitude era is never coming back please get used to it, all shows will stay the same we make up around 15% of the wwe univers vince doesnt care about our opinions...

Superstars is going to be a random wwe show which will showcase talent and help promote wwe ppvs and external projects, the wwe will be earning revenue from this deal and WGN will get what they sorley need an increase in ratings and a way to get them out of bankruptcy, the wwe is an established brand so hopefully they will score 1.0 in the ratings and bring the network into prominance, maybe even help them establish the network further, but only time will tell, when all is said and done this may become the superstars of old and just showcase talent and feature feuds from other shows instead of showcasing talent who sorely need it....

we have three brands thats enough we dont need anymore, this show is only a way for the wwe to make money and bail and ailing network out of the red

Oh gosh. Even though this is going to be a random show with a lot of its purpose being to hype up PPV's feuds etc I can still see this flopping. The WWE roster doesn't have like 100% fatigue, they do get tired you know. Oh gosh this isn't even going to last a year.

Oh gosh. Even though this is going to be a random show with a lot of its purpose being to hype up PPV's feuds etc I can still see this flopping. The WWE roster doesn't have like 100% fatigue, they do get tired you know. Oh gosh this isn't even going to last a year.

not really its being utilised like ecw being pretaped prior, It is not a brand, its not being toured, its just a random show, check the schedule its being taped prior to raw next week and every week after its not a bad thing

now to kick things off i have one question, is wwe superstars available to watch in the UK?

I hope so, although I've trawled the Sky Sports website and googled "WWE Superstars in the UK", but found no answer. I heard rumours that it was to replace WWE Experience, so check that when it's on in case they put Superstars on instead. You know how useless Sky are at updating their programme synopsis. Late 2008 I read that "(Monday Night Raw) features all your favourite superstars, including Triple H (on SD at the time), Batista (injured at the time) and Chris Benoit.

Need I say more? WWE Experience is on Sky Sports 3 at 7am Thursday morning and 5pm Sunday evening. Maybe it's on a week delay?

This show is going nowheres, although I'm willing to guess it's going to suck worse then ECW. I have no idea what kinda of show this will be, or why they're having matchs on it, but as long as Vince McMahon makes at least $2, it will stay, for the same reason we already have three shows, the same reason we have 2-3 weeks between PPVs now, the same reason e're always seeig supershows fr RAW. It makes Vince Money, and thats more important than ratings right now. So as long as Superstars brings in some cash. expect it to emain for a while.

ok please not this again, the attitude era is never coming back please get used to it, all shows will stay the same we make up around 15% of the wwe univers vince doesnt care about our opinions...

Superstars is going to be a random wwe show which will showcase talent and help promote wwe ppvs and external projects, the wwe will be earning revenue from this deal and WGN will get what they sorley need an increase in ratings and a way to get them out of bankruptcy, the wwe is an established brand so hopefully they will score 1.0 in the ratings and bring the network into prominance, maybe even help them establish the network further, but only time will tell, when all is said and done this may become the superstars of old and just showcase talent and feature feuds from other shows instead of showcasing talent who sorely need it....

we have three brands thats enough we dont need anymore, this show is only a way for the wwe to make money and bail and ailing network out of the red

Oh, the Attitude Era will be back again. If you don't think so, you are only kidding yourself ... so spare everyone your lectures.

It may not be called the Attitude Era, but in a few years, when Vince is tired of declining ratings, attendance, and buyrates ... you will see a return to edgy programming content.

And I endorse the idea of content Separation based on the shows. That way, everyone gets a show that suits their interest, unlike today, where he is basically offering only one product.

The WWE roster doesn't have like 100% fatigue, they do get tired you know..

thats true and i do not wish to argue that statment.

i will say however this will be a show for the jimmy wang yangs vs jamie noble, curt hawkins vs kung fu naki and the ocasional r-truth vs mike knox match. mainly for guys who dont have much tv time and keeps them from getting ring rust, and it will be the dark matches from raw and smackdown so they will have been at the show as replecments etc. anyway.

i personally have nothing against this, infact it may work in wwes favour if a wrestler who isnt used too much gets a bit of momentum and 'form' behind him/her.

wwe had 4 shows before with heat and velocity. yes ecw is a bigger show and superstars is basically heat and velocity merged together. still, it will be a good show to watch imo.

I thing there are a few possiblities for this new show "Superstars"

First, is that it is being developed to take the place of ECW. ECW isn't ECW. It just doesn't fit, so why not create a new show, put some good matches on to help build the ratings and slowly move ECW to Superstars. Rename the ECW title to fit the program and the transition would be complete.

Second, they are testing the market to see if WGN can draw wrestling. I don't know how long MyNetwork TV is going to last, I don't get it in my area and it has become a rerun network. I think it might end up folding so Smackdown is going to need a new home. If Superstars has ratings WGN maybe the home for SD!

Lastly, Vince is just trying to make money. This is the most likely reason for the new show, but I hope there is a bigger plan for it.

I agree that it will be a good place for the lower card talent of the three brands to be in the spotlight more. I don't agree that they should or will merge ECW with Superstars, I think Superstars is going to be a stand alone show, just to focus on wrestling. We rarely see Paul Birchull, Jamie Noble, Curt Hawkins, Zack Ryder, Jesse, Festus, etc. on any show lately. Superstars will give them a chance to get some much needed television appearances and hopefully help their character when they show up on their actually brands.

Oh, the Attitude Era will be back again. If you don't think so, you are only kidding yourself ... so spare everyone your lectures.

It may not be called the Attitude Era, but in a few years, when Vince is tired of declining ratings, attendance, and buyrates ... you will see a return to edgy programming content.

And I endorse the idea of content Separation based on the shows. That way, everyone gets a show that suits their interest, unlike today, where he is basically offering only one product.

The WWE is directing itself to a PG rated audience, which means young children, young adults and families, the attitude era was good for what it was, entertaining television, but advertisers won't back such a product anymore.

The WWE wants to make money and draw in various sources of revenue this is why they are PG rated television, they are toning down the violance, the swearing and working more family friendly angles, Superstars is here to help generate more revenue and help WWE make a statement that it's the number one brand in entertainment and quite frankly they have a strong arguement with the diverse revenue they are pulling from all divisions plus four days of television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back