• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Superstars and Movie Making.

Navi

With the safety off!!
It's been widely reported that Lana, Rusev's valet will be taking some time off to go film a movie for WWE Studios. Edge apparently will also be co-starring,

She isn't the first active roster talent to take time off this year for filming. Orton just got back, and Ambrose had about 6 weeks off in the fall. Now most times it doesn't really interfere with a story line, especially in the case of Orton. I was kind of glad to get a break from him, even though I'm glad to see him return.

Ambrose on the other hand couldn't have come at a worse time. It stopped his momentum in the feud with Rollins and Reigns had to step in and take over. Now it did pick back up again, but it wasn't the same. Lana even though she's not a wrestler per say, is the mouthpiece for Rusev and gets a lot of heat. Let's face it he's not sterling on the mic.

So there are a couple of questions here. How do you think this will affect Rusev now that he has to go it alone for awhile? Will it take away from him, or will it actually help him? And to the broader picture, does this take away from the business as a whole, when a story line has to be changed or cut short because a wrestler will be out filming?

My opinion is it's not really going to help him out. We're used to seeing the two of them together, and she is the one who does create the heat. He's kind of bordering on boring. If all he's going to do is come out and say "You Yankee swine I will crush you" every week that will get tiring very quickly.

And I have no problem with wrestler's taking time off to film movies, it's their livelihood after all. But in the case of an Ambrose when he's in the hottest feud of the year, and it gets it's legs cut out from under it, then yea not the best timing ever.

Well let's take a look at this from John Cena's side.. What if John Cena does try to intimidate Lana or accidentally hit her that leads to Rusev accepting the challenge? It would look a bit logical and prove Rusev to be more lethal and maybe can also show the bad side of Cena if he intimidates or attack her..

I just don't want her to claim she got a dinner invitation from Vladimir Putin for her absence that could be an absolute nonsense!!

Cheers!!

It could help with the storyline. Cena captures Lana and forces rusev for a match. Also, if I were rusev I'd keep my eyes open because edge has a history with wrestlers boyfriends.

It could help with the storyline. Cena captures Lana and forces rusev for a match. Also, if I were rusev I'd keep my eyes open because edge has a history with wrestlers boyfriends.
Unless he wants to get his ass kicked by Beth Phoenix for child support, Edge would do well to keep it in his pants. And, Rusev is not Matt Hardy. Rusev just bought a home with Lana IRL. If there is any BS, one Miroslav Barnyashev will go to prison for the murder of one Adam Copeland. And, Comrade Barnyashev has got a nice pond behind his home to hide Mr. Copeland's body.

Getting to the point of Lana leaving to make a movie. You know, too bad I am not writing this storyline. Here is where I would introduce one IVAN KOLOFF as his mentor for the time being. Koloff was a monster heel for Mother Russia. And, he can come in as the personal rep of Vladimir Putin in order to keep Rusev on the straight and narrow while Lana is away.

They have every right to do whatever they want. They can go for movies, go for MMA and go for anything. It is their life, whatever they like they can do. But, see what the problem is. They abandon an angle for filming or any other purpose which they should not. They should atleast finish an angle in which they are going before taking leave. It just makes me sick whever a guy leaves for any other reason than his health. This is the reason which makes me slightly hate the Rock. He took all popularity here in pro wrestling and fleed away to Hollywood. Anyways, its his life. I can't tell him what to do. But, I don't want any other wrestler to do what The Rock do. Yes, they can shoot films but wrestling must be given priority if they are fit.

They have every right to do whatever they want. They can go for movies, go for MMA and go for anything. It is their life, whatever they like they can do. But, see what the problem is. They abandon an angle for filming or any other purpose which they should not. They should atleast finish an angle in which they are going before taking leave. It just makes me sick whever a guy leaves for any other reason than his health. This is the reason which makes me slightly hate the Rock. He took all popularity here in pro wrestling and fleed away to Hollywood. Anyways, its his life. I can't tell him what to do. But, I don't want any other wrestler to do what The Rock do. Yes, they can shoot films but wrestling must be given priority if they are fit.

While I agree with you that wrestlers or divas should stick around until they finish a storyline, I can't blame them for wanting to go film movies instead of wrestling. Think about it, while filming a movie is no doubt exhausting, especially if you have a big part, it must be infinitely more preferable than going out and putting your body on the line every single night, risking serious injury that will likely end your career, usually for maybe a few thousand bucks unless you've been in the main event. That and wrestlers, if their names are big enough, can earn millions on just one movie, not to mention being able to have a stunt double do all the dangerous stuff for them. Who wouldn't want that if given the chance?

While I agree with you that wrestlers or divas should stick around until they finish a storyline, I can't blame them for wanting to go film movies instead of wrestling. Think about it, while filming a movie is no doubt exhausting, especially if you have a big part, it must be infinitely more preferable than going out and putting your body on the line every single night, risking serious injury that will likely end your career, usually for maybe a few thousand bucks unless you've been in the main event. That and wrestlers, if their names are big enough, can earn millions on just one movie, not to mention being able to have a stunt double do all the dangerous stuff for them. Who wouldn't want that if given the chance?

Yes, this is another reason. They have a large benefit in movies over pro wrestling but it hurts the hardcore wrestling fans. You can't deny the fact that you also feel sick when a wrestler abandons his career for filming, can you?

Yes, this is another reason. They have a large benefit in movies over pro wrestling but it hurts the hardcore wrestling fans. You can't deny the fact that you also feel sick when a wrestler abandons his career for filming, can you?

Well, actually, I can. It doesn't really hurt me. Do I wish they'd stuck around a little longer? Yeah, kinda. But as far as I know, the Rock is the only one who abandoned his WWE career for movies. Everyone else either came back or was retired anyway. In any case, I usually enjoy it when I see some of my favourite superstars in movies and interacting with some of my favourite actors. Now, granted, with WWE Films, it doesn't happen often, but it's still a cool experience. It certainly doesn't make me feel sick, in whatever sense you're trying to convey.

The real problem is they are leaving to make WWE Studios films, which I think we are all pretty unanimous in thinking are absolute garbage. It's one thing to go do Guardians of the Galaxy or the Fast and the Furious. It's another to do Marine 4 direct to DVD.

Especially when it interferes with a hot angle. I personally can't stand Rusev, but at the same time I would venture a good bit of his appeal is Lana, just like Alberto lost momentum when Ricardo left. She is a big part of his act. Obviously I want all the workers to make money and have successful careers, but I definitely think it should be prioritized and strategically booked in an advance.

No it doesn't make me sick if someone goes to film a movie, I just think it's sad that a good feud has to be changed or cut short because of it. The Rollins/Ambrose feud was the best of the year and they had to put the brakes on it. I was so waiting for Ambrose to get his hands on Rollins.

As for the Rock, he has a fantastic career right now, and he definitely made the right move. I don't blame him a bit I think anyone given the opportunity would have done so.

But Rusev is the one I'm a little worried about. I just wonder how he'll get along without Lana for awhile. She's his mouthpiece, and part of the act. It will be interesting to see how he and the WWE handle it.

I can't begrudge any Superstar for doing a project to make money as well, but some of this stuff has awful timing.

To the poster who brought up bringing in Ivan Koloff, I love the idea. The problem is, how old is Koloff? Also, he is so far removed from being a relevant talent that the impact of him being used as a mouthpiece of Russev would be minimal, if any at all. There are fans who got into wrestling during the Attitude era would would be considered "old school" fans considering how long ago the Attitude era was. And Ivan Koloff predates that period by 10 years. In his day, Ivan Koloff was a great heel and talker in my opinion but it wouldn't work for the aforementioned reasons.

Personally, while I like Rusev, I'm sort of tired of Lana. She seems to say the same thing on a weekly basis. Rusev actually is capable of pretty solid promos and maybe a break will allow him to expand on his character- especially if he loses to Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back