• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE SummerSlam: WWE Tag Team Championship - The New Day VS Gallows & Anderson

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE has officially announced that New Day will put up the titles at SummerSlam against Gallows and Anderson. It was reported over the weekend that they're doing a storyline injury surrounding Big E in which he suffered contusions to his groin due to the attack of Gallows and Anderson last Monday, so it'll be Kofi and Xavier Woods wrestling in the match.

I can see New Day dropping the titles here but, at the same time, New Day merchandise makes a lot of money for WWE so it's entirely possible that they retain. If they retain at SummerSlam and don't drop them on Raw, the following Tuesday will mark 365 days since their 2nd title reign started. In all of WWE history, the only teams to have had a single 365+ day run as tag team champions were the Valiant Brothers May 8, 1974 to May 13, 1975 run and Demolition's 1st reign that lasted from March 27, 1988 to July 18, 1989.

While it'd be cool to see New Day to have the 2nd longest tag title reign in WWE history, I'm of the opinion that they'll drop the straps at SummerSlam.

New Day aren't losing the belts until they've surpassed Demolition, and they're certainly not losing them to schmoes like Anderson and Gallows.

New Day aren't losing the belts until they've surpassed Demolition, and they're certainly not losing them to schmoes like Anderson and Gallows.

I thought Punk would have held the title longer but they hyped him as "longest reigning champ of the Modern era". I'm sure they'll do the same with New Day.

WWE has officially announced that New Day will put up the titles at SummerSlam against Gallows and Anderson. It was reported over the weekend that they're doing a storyline injury surrounding Big E in which he suffered contusions to his groin due to the attack of Gallows and Anderson last Monday, so it'll be Kofi and Xavier Woods wrestling in the match.

I can see New Day dropping the titles here but, at the same time, New Day merchandise makes a lot of money for WWE so it's entirely possible that they retain. If they retain at SummerSlam and don't drop them on Raw, the following Tuesday will mark 365 days since their 2nd title reign started. In all of WWE history, the only teams to have had a single 365+ day run as tag team champions were the Valiant Brothers May 8, 1974 to May 13, 1975 run and Demolition's 1st reign that lasted from March 27, 1988 to July 18, 1989.

While it'd be cool to see New Day to have the 2nd longest tag title reign in WWE history, I'm of the opinion that they'll drop the straps at SummerSlam.

Yeah, I could see New Day losing at Summerslam. Have a rematch at Night of Champions. Then, go on to feud with Enzo and Big Cass.

I am unsure about this one.

It could go either way at Summerslam. I'm expecting a Big E return at Summerslam. I don't think that Kofi and Woods are going to defend the titles without any Big E.

Still I haven't been impressed much by Gallows-Anderson given the hype they had while they debuted. They have been pretty generic and bland to me alike The Usos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back