WWE SummerSlam: WWE Raw Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss (c) VS Ronda Rousey

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Following another physical altercation between Bliss and Rousey on Raw last night, Kurt Angle announced a Raw Women's Championship between the two of them as the first official match for SummerSlam next month.

Barring some sort of major interference, Ronda Rousey leaves SummerSlam as Raw Women's Champion and will be holding said championship for the foreseeable future. Alexa Bliss is a fun character, she's smokin' hot and even has something of a pixie like cuteness but nobody remotely buys her as a threat to Rousey and I think the live crowd at SummerSlam will be highly disappointed if she beats Rousey somehow. Even if the match were to suck, the outcome is what most are going to be primarily concerned about but I have a feeling it'll be a decent outing

So you're saying you don't think Alexa is gonna kick Ronda around for a few minutes before getting bored and finally putting her out of her misery beating her clean in the middle of the ring with her DDT ?

I'm actually really looking forward to this match. Bliss is such a great heel!

If it wasn't for The Evolution PPV happening in 2 months, i would have said Ronda wins by Dq or something like that just to protect Ronda from losing to much momentum as a character. But taking Evolution into consideration. I'm sure WWE will want to have their Biggest Star in the Division as the headliner of the show so i don't see Alexa retaining unless they delay Ronda winning the belt for the september show which would be stupid because Ronda should win the belt on the big show not on a b-level show.

Anyway, i don't think that Alexa as a chance of keeping the belt at summerslam mostly because they will want to do as much promotion surrounding Ronda for the Evolution PPV as possible.

Too much, too fast, and at too much expense... that's my problem with the current Ronda Rousey Story in WWE.

Look, I get that from a business standpoint it makes a lot of sense to put the title on Rousey. Her run on the press circuit will get more eyes on the Evolution PPV and having the belt only enhances that she's all in over at WWE. Generally speaking, I'm not that upset that Ronda is RAW women's champion despite still being green as grass with her in-ring WWE career spanning a mere 4 months.

What bothers me is the expense at which it has come, not only to Alexa Bliss but to the women's division in general. Ronda no-selling and effectively bludgeoning Bliss inside of 7 minutes or so is harmful enough. When one begins to rationalize that Bliss is a multiple time champion on both RAW and Smackdown, having fought against and defeated many other women in competitive divisions, the issues are easily apparent. Truthfully I would've rather Ronda came into Summerslam, immediately snagged Bliss in the armbar, tapped her out and called it a day inside of a minute or two. That way, you get the same effect Ultimate Warrior did after beating Honky Tonk Man for the IC title 30 years ago, but without completely discrediting Bliss and all the other women she has competed against and defeated. Bliss can use the "surprised" excuse and "beginners luck" that she's resorting to on social media, but with far more credibility.

But no, Ronda effectively no sells the handful of offense Bliss was actually able to pull off and completely steamrolls over her. Post-match, commentary questioned who can compete with Ronda for the title. I think that's a really good question, but not in the way it was intended. Considering such a trashing of Bliss en route to the title win, few women truly makes sense... and that's the crux of my problem with how Ronda went over Bliss for the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back