WWE Semi-Finals, Match 1: The Brainbusters vs. Big, Bad, and Dangerous

Brainbusters vs. Big, Bad, and Dangerous

• Brainbusters

• BBD

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under WWE Rules.

The Brainbusters (Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson)
02.jpg

vs.

Big, Bad, and Dangerous (Bam Bam Bigelow and Big Van Vader)
vaderbigelow4mf.jpg

BBD has made it far in this tournament because people see the name Bam bam Bigelow and Vader and they automatically think that no one could beat them, but the Brainbusters as a tag team is one of the best ever and their ability as a team would be greater then two individual stars that were just thrown together because it looked good.

For me, BB&D would take all the beating that Arn and Tully could dish out and take it easily, then when Arn tries a spinebuster, he pops his back and gets flatted by a Vader bomb or a moonsault.

They are getting pushed to a certain extent (we saw a similar impact in the singles tounry) but in this case I can justify my belief that BB&D advance here, maybe by a narrow margin though.

The Brainbusters have delighted me with the matches I've looked up. They're really enjoyable to watch, I've got to say. However, I'll say that a lot of their offense was based on lifts, etc. You just can't do that frequently and effectively on two big bastards like Bam Bam and Vader. Not a problem if they're just big, dumb salivating beasts. But everyone knows that BB&D are more than your average SHW; they're quicker, they're more agile, they're more polished and they're smarter. On that basis, I hand this match to BB&D.

I await IC25 to elaborate further.

The overreliance of the Brainbusters on suplexes, slams, etc. is going to kill them in this match. Arn Anderson is the power of the team, and he's not going to last long at the pace he'd have to cut against just one of the monsters, lt alone both of them. Tully won't fare much better.

I like the Brainbusters, but everything they do well, BB&D does AS WELL or BETTER.

Power. Arn does it well, but he's the 3rd strongest man in the ring, behind Vader and Bam Bam, and ahead of Tully. Power goes to BB&D.

Agility. Again, BB&D. So The Brainbusters' finisher was a top rope move. With their suplex / splash be any match against TWO 400+ pound men who both do moonsaults, splashes, headbutts, etc?

Technical. It's a tie. Bigelow and Vader were trained in Japan, and Bigelow was a 2-time NJ State Wrestling Champion when he lived in Neptune, NJ.

Heel Tendencies. Arn and Tully were evil heels. SO were Bam Bam and Vader. Push.

Folks, the choice is simple. You can't pull the "Horsemen" argument, because Arn and Tully alone did not comprise the stable. Vader and Bigelow owned Japanese Tag Team Wrestling, and would have been the most dominant tag team in WWE or WCW had they crossed paths for more than a few weeks.

I've had a lot of hard trouble with this match throughout the week, and eventually I just decided to go with my gut. Based on pure matchup, Big Bad and Dangerous have the Brainbusters beat, but there is an intangable that I can't put my finger on that forces me to vote for the Brainbusters. It's not a vote of confidence, but it's a vote that I feel like I have to make. I respect what the Brainbusters did, by winning the NWA titles, and being good enough to look past the obvious McMahon biased towards succesful wrestlers he didn't make, and win the WWF Tag team titles, against Demolition no less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back