WWE SD! LD 10/7/11: Shaping Up To Be a Big Show

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
20111004_bigshow_l_0.jpg

Last Sunday, at WWE Hell In A Cell, World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry successfully defended his
World Heavyweight Championship against Randy Orton.
Afterwards he tried to induct Randy Orton into the THE HALL OF PAIN, but was unsuccessful
when Orton held his ground with the use of a steel chair.
Will Orton remain a challenger, or will that spot be saved for The Big Show, who will be returning tonight after Henry put him on the shelf
back at Money In The Bank?

After almost every WWE Superstar, diva, referee, and even cameraman walked out on COO Triple H on Raw, what else will be used to fill in time besides extra long Raw Replays?

Well there's only one way to to find out(unless you read the spoilers), by tuning into The SyFy Network tonight at 8pm to watch WWE Friday Night SmackDown!

tunein-smackdown.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last Week on SmackDown:
sd_632_photo_107.jpg

ST. LOUIS – Randy Orton delivered a devastating RKO to World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry, gaining valuable momentum as he prepared to challenge The World’s Strongest Man in the Devil's Playground at WWE Hell in a Cell.

•World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry def. The Great Khali
•Jack Swagger def. WWE Tag Team Champion Evan Bourne
•Sin Cara def. Heath Slater
•Divas Champion Kelly Kelly def. Natalya
•John Laurinaitis held a controversial meeting
•Sheamus def. Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes by (Disqualification) (Intercontinental Title Match)
•Zack Ryder def. JTG
•Randy Orton vs. Christian (Double Count-out)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

henry_orton_cell_main308.jpg

World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry def. Randy Orton (Hell in a Cell Match)

At WWE Hell in a Cell,
the ominous chain link structure after which the pay-per-view is
christened became Mark Henry’s “Hell of Pain” – a horrifically
modified version of the infamous hall constructed by the
World Heavyweight Champion,
who overcame a ravenous Randy Orton
inside Satan’s Structure.

IC-title-teaser-3.jpg

Intercontinental Champion Cody Rhodes def. John Morrison

At WWE Hell in a Cell, Intercontinental Title holder Cody Rhodes opened a stunning new chapter in the history of the
Intercontinental Championship, adopting a classic title from the past as the prize he would carry forth from that day forward.
Moments later, the bitter Superstar cemented the legitimacy of the retro championship with an impromptu title defense against John Morrison,
allegedly set up at the behest of WWE COO Triple H.

sheamus-teaser.jpg

Sheamus def. Christian

Despite a potent offense from Christian,
Sheamus crushed his adversary with a devastating
Brogue Kick to the skull for the win. With the victory,
Sheamus kept his pre-match promise to put Christian
beneath his boot.

sincarablueflies308.jpg

Sin Cara (blue and gold) def. Sin Cara (black and silver)

Unfortunately for the dark doppelganger, at WWE Hell in a Cell,
WWE’s original Sin Cara won a back and forth match that could have gone either way.
In fact, the match was so closely contested that the question as to who is the superior Superstar may
still remain unanswered.

I'd be watching this right now but there's people faffing about with horses on Sky Sports 4. That's right - SmackDown can't even get a solid spot on Sky Sports' fourth rung channel. I'm musing over opening a luxury glue factory. Teach those hairy ***** to get between me and my wrasslin', you know? You know.

They're awarding the horse now. It's a horse - it doesn't even know what's going on. I mean, I always suspected that Hogan wasn't fully clued in on just what he was participating in but this is a whole 'nother level.

They're interviewing one of the ladies that rides a horse. She's not really the one doing the work though, is she? Mind you, probably more talkative than "Forest Lamb." What a dumb name for a horse.

Looking at these highlights, it seems they have some manner of... chariot racing. How comes they couldn't put that on last? I'll stop my running commentary when SmackDown actually comes on. No idea why I'm actually watching it "live" - not being able to fast forward adverts/women/Sin Cara is painful.

Sky Atlantic HD. That's the channel where they put all the good shows; just out of my reach. Steve Buscemi, you look a fish mated with a weasel.

Know what I'll do? I'll narrate a made up SmackDown as we go along. A better SmackDown.

Opening up with Mark Henry laid out and Daniel Bryan holding the world heavyweight title? Ballsy.

CM Punk and Wade Barrett on commentary. This just gets better and better. "CM Clunge"? That's not PG.

Chaos breaks out in the Cena/Punk vs. Orton/Henry tag team match. Double count-out finish. Teddy Long comes out with a solution - this match is now... A TAG TEAM MATCH. Confusion ensues.

Punk intermittently runs back to the announce desk to point out what a great job he's doing. A consummate professional.

I thought Heath Slater joining Barrett and Punk on commentary was a bad idea initially. Now that he's been reduced to tears by their witty barbs, though, I've come round. His high pitched sobbing really adds some spice to this diva's match. Even in my own mind, I don't know which women are wrestling. Trish Stratus and Lita?

@RKO: I dunno. I get the feeling some moron is going to say something completely stupid and bring up the fact that el color negro is spelled the same exact way as, um, kneegrow.

I guess I'm the moron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back