WWE Round 3, Match 2: Big, Bad, and Dangerous vs. Austin Aries and Roderick Strong

Discussion in '2nd Tag Team Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Oct 30, 2008.

?

Big, Bad, and Dangerous vs. Austin Aries and Roderick Strong

1. BB&D

2. Aries/Strong

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The following matchup takes place in a WWE Ring with WWE Rules.

Big, Bad, and Dangerous (Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow)
    [​IMG]

vs.

Austin Aries and Roderick Strong
    [​IMG]

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Aries and Strong have done well to make it this far. If this was a tournament of the best indie teams (and perhaps the best WWE middle of the road teams) then they'd have this thing tied up. A great team, in my humble opinion. They go down here though, no doubt.

They've got enough offense in them to make things interesting, to put on a showcase. And Roderick is - as his name suggests - Strong, but not Strong enough to control this behemoth. And Aries is, as his name suggests, Aries. Wait, what? Well, he's pretty good. But he's not different enough, neither particularly quick or strong - simply a good mix - to give the two big man something they haven't seen thousands of times before. I could go into more detail, but I think the Canadian will do that for me.

3. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

At 8-1, I don't think I need to. Voters obviously realize the magnitude of Vader and Bigelow's tag team prowess. These two men were monsters with agility, speed, talent, technique, etc. Roderick and Strong are so out of their element here. Without a chain wrestling spotfest, they don't have it. Vader and Bigelow would squash these two within moments.

4. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

This is going to be a nasty blow out, and justifiably so. Aries and Strong are a good ROH team, but that's just it, a ROH team. Not a knock on ROH, but it's small time. Sure, Bigelow and Vader may have been a short time tag team, but they dominated while they were champions. Neither Roderick or Aries match up with Bam Bam or Vader in any category.

5. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This right here reminds me of a George Foreman boxing match from back in the 1960s. The smaller guys can get a few shots in here and there, but they're never going to hurt the big men. It'll be them hitting and running, but eventually they run out of room, and then BBD has their fun. Bigelow is so underrated its amazing. Its not often that you have nearly 1000lbs of moonsaulting monsters, but that's what you have here. Aries and Strong are great, but just not happening here.

6. My$terio_Fan

My$terio_Fan I can do whatever I want

Aries & Strong are a very fast paced team. They are quick and could use that speed against Superheavyweights but going against the team of Vader & Bam, their speed is useless. Big Bad and Dangerous were also very agile and probably could keep up with Strong & Aries. Then when you add the sheer power of Vader and Bam, Aries & Strong are pretty much sitting ducks. Squash!

7. Father:_Polley

Father:_Polley Fun's my Chinese neighbour's name

I've said before and I'll say it again... ROH teams would flounder against big men, because ROH can't cope with them because they can't wrestle. Fact is, these big men are capable of going a long time with plenty of abuse. They've fought the small teams and destroyed them at their own game - high spots.

Aries and Strong are talented, but these guys are equally talented, vicious and that combination doesn't bode well for the men from the Indies