WWE Round 2, Match 5: Edge and Christian vs. the Filthy Animals

Edge and Christian vs. The Filthy Animals

• E&C

• Filthy Animals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place inside of a WWE Ring, with WWE Rules.

Edge and Christian are from their 1999-2001 run.

The Filthy Animals are Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman from 1999-2000

Mysterio & Kidman were both great high flyers and both had their sucess, but as a tag team they don't even come close to Edge & Christian. Both of them had good ring and mic skills and they worked very good togther. They along with The Hardys/Duddleys made the Tag Team Division a key attraction for the WWE during this time. Both went onto singles sucess and as a team in the WWE they were as good as it gets during this time. Mysterio/Kidman well good, there are nowhere in the same league as E/C as a tag team, imo.

Edge and Christian were tag champs in a period of the Hardy's and Dudleys...gold when you look at what they put out now. Animals...well they had the likes of Hugh Morris, Palumbo and O'Haire and that outstanding team of Kronik beating them.

Decent cruisers, but E&C were better

If the reigning champions are going to encounter difficulty in this tournament, it won't be here. This'd be a SmackDown! showcase match at best. The high-flyers would get some impressive offense in but you can just see one of them flying through the end only to have the match abruptly ended by a spear. Add to that the loose WWE ropes - no doubt that E & C will get through this one.

They could run into some serious grief next round though.

If any team stands a chance against the likes of the Hart Foundation & Bulldogs it's E & C. Rightfully so. I don't think they should win. But they are without a doubt the best team of the last decade.

Edge and Christian destroy the Filthy Animals 16-1.

my thoughts: complete and total agreement.

Billy Kidman was terrible. I've already set that in people's minds, so I don't need to elaborate on the Animals too much more, they were terrible, and WCW was terrible at the time, all you need to know.

People like to bitch about tag team wrestling this decade, and they certainly have every reason to do so. Edge and Christian shouldn't be one of those teams that people bitch about. These two would have held their own very well if they were ten years older. Both have gone onto successful singles careers, which I believe justifies their greatness as a tag team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back