WWE Region, Third Round, Steel Cage Match: (3) John Cena vs. (6) Ultimate Warrior

Who Wins This Match?

• John Cena

• Ultimate Warrior

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WWE Region. It is a Steel Cage match. It will be held at Madison Square Garden, New York, New York.

madison_square_garden_150035.jpg

Rules: The match can be won by pinfall, submission, or exiting the cage.

I-Love-Cena-john-cena-28898136-334-368.jpg

#3. John Cena

Vs.

7ef3bdd34f7b5eac07a5d7dc6b3c6412.jpg

#6. Ultimate Warrior

This match takes place one week after round 2.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

This goes to Warrior. The Ultimate Warrior never lost to faces, it just didn't happen. Not even the biggest face ever, Hulk Hogan could defeat him. In fact the closest thing to Hogan in this era is Cena. The closest thing to Warrior in this era was a face Batista. You know what happened when a face Cena met a face Batista? Batista won. The cage match also doesn't help Cena any because this is one gimmick match that Warrior has plenty of experience in. It would be a 20-30 minute classic but Warrior comes out on top.

Warrior got this one. Warrior was the first wrestler to ever pin Hulk Hogan clean. If Warrior beat Hogan in his prime, then Warrior can beat John Cena. I can see a brutal match with Cena having a crimson mask. Cena would give the Warrior an Attitude Adjustment. Warrior then will come back from the dead, give three clotheslines, Gorilla Press Slam, Splash. Warrior Wins!

My vote: Ultimate Warrior.

Any tepid half and half reaction John Cena could ever fucking HOPE to get these days would be fucking smashed to absolute smithereens by the reactions Warrior used to receive. Warrior used to dominate in cage matches, and is an absolute maniac to boot.

Also, as has been brought up, he went over Hulk Hogan, clean, 1-2-3. Cena is Hulk Hogan lite. Even Cena's superior overall impact and accomplishments cant overcome the obvious answer here. The kayfabe portion is just too strong here.

I hate to do this because I'd take John Cena everyday of the year never mind the week but the last WrestleMania has placed a chink in the SuperCena armor that may forever cost him any chance of winning this tournament - he just does not beat top level faces, Sexy has mentioned Batista and you can throw in Punk in Chicago & LA and the Rock in Miami. I'm only aware of one face / face feud that Warrior ever had and (unfortunately for John) it was against an, in his prime, Hulk Hogan AND he won.

I really don't see the cage match dynamic having an advantage for either guy, as both have been dominant in this environment, so I have to go with what kayfabe suggests would happen and (with a heavy heart) that is most definitely the Ultimate Warrior.

I'm not a Cena fan but I recognize what he means to the business at this point. He would be willing to take a loss. Warrior wasn't a guy who agreed to do the job often. If he knew it would be good for business to keep a big draw like Warrior happy, then Cena would take the loss. I think it would be a very interesting match between two very strong performers but Warrior would take it I believe.

Yeah I'm going Cena all day on this one as well, based mainly on the fact that unlike Ultimate Warrior he wasn't/isn't a total and complete failure as the number one guy of a promotion. It also helps he's miles above Warrior as a worker, on the mic, has drawn more, and in general just has a greater legacy then the Warrior ever had or will. Maybe if Warrior had stuck around instead of being a raving lunatic with money and drug problems his legacy would be greater than Cena's, but as of now it just isn't and never will be. Who gives a shit if Warrior beat Hogan? Yeah, it's impressive, but that was it for his entire career. He was like a one hit wonder, a meteoric rise from 1988-1992 with his IC and World title reigns but a total flop as a headliner on house shows, and he always had to be carried to a decent match. Things like that simply matter more to me when making my votes here in this tourny, regardless of one or two people that a certain wrestler may have beaten in their career. Cena's resume isn't exactly chop liver itself.

Warrior used to dominate in cage matches

Come on, Norcal. The Ultimate Warrior had one televised cage match his entire career, and won a very close battle with Rick Rude. How in the World is that "dominating" cage matches?

The way you guys are talking, The Ultimate Warrior should have won this tournament every year. Not true.

First of all, everyone loves to refer to that Hogan match... Hogan had the Warrior beat first but the referee was down. Moreover, it was ONE match. Can't it be argued that maybe Hogan just had an off night? Now if they went on to have a couple of rematches and Warrior won them all, then okay, you'd have an argument, but when cannot start calling Warrior unbeatable just because he has one victory over Hulk Hogan. That's simply ridiculous.

Anyways, did you guys not watch Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena just this Sunday? Now tell me, what the fuck could Warrior possibly do to Cena to keep him down that Lesnar didn't? A splash? Give me a break.

Cena would have a lot of trouble keeping Warrior down, I admit this, but Cena would find a way. He can be a ruthless bastard when he wants to be and will go to any measures to win.

So the kayfabe argument, I believe, goes to Cena. It's close, but the edge goes to Cena because he has TONS more experience in cage matches and we've seen him beat too many all time greats too many times in too many high profile matches. Warrior has two great wins his entire career, and the rest were all against mid-level heels who could never won the WWF Championship. Why should I believe a guy like that could beat a guy like John Cena in a cage match?

Come on, Norcal. The Ultimate Warrior had one televised cage match his entire career, and won a very close battle with Rick Rude. How in the World is that "dominating" cage matches?

The way you guys are talking, The Ultimate Warrior should have won this tournament every year. Not true.

First of all, everyone loves to refer to that Hogan match... Hogan had the Warrior beat first but the referee was down. Moreover, it was ONE match. Can't it be argued that maybe Hogan just had an off night? Now if they went on to have a couple of rematches and Warrior won them all, then okay, you'd have an argument, but when cannot start calling Warrior unbeatable just because he has one victory over Hulk Hogan. That's simply ridiculous.

Anyways, did you guys not watch Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena just this Sunday? Now tell me, what the fuck could Warrior possibly do to Cena to keep him down that Lesnar didn't? A splash? Give me a break.

Cena would have a lot of trouble keeping Warrior down, I admit this, but Cena would find a way. He can be a ruthless bastard when he wants to be and will go to any measures to win.

So the kayfabe argument, I believe, goes to Cena. It's close, but the edge goes to Cena because he has TONS more experience in cage matches and we've seen him beat too many all time greats too many times in too many high profile matches. Warrior has two great wins his entire career, and the rest were all against mid-level heels who could never won the WWF Championship. Why should I believe a guy like that could beat a guy like John Cena in a cage match?

Warrior also did beat Randy "Macho King" Savage in WM 7. Warrior beat two of the most popular wrestlers of all time.

It's not just one victory over Hogan, it's the fact that he never lost to a face. On the rare occasion he lost a match it was to a heel due to interference. If Warrior was facing a big name heel who could possibly have outside help or if he was out of his element due to the match type then he certainly could lose. Neither is the case in this match.

Lesnar dominated Cena and had him beat at one point but the ref was unconscious. Cena won that match because Lesnar got too cocky and tried something he shouldn't have. Warrior isn't a cocky heel. And last time I checked Warrior has beaten the likes of Hogan, Savage, and Andre clean so if he can get a three count on them then he can get one on Cena.

The closest thing Cena has ever faced to Warrior is a face Batista. At Summerslam 2008 when those two went at it, it was Batista who came out on top. Kayfabe wise this match definitely goes to Warrior. Warrior has no sold Pedigrees and Tombstones and has kicked out of 5 consecutive flying elbows from Randy Savage. Cena is tough to keep down but Warrior is tougher.

You also can't compare time periods in terms of top names beaten because today's WWE has twice the main event guys as they did in the late 80's and early 90s because there are now two world titles. The titles also change hands much more frequently nowadays. Guys like Edge, Jericho, Mysterio, etc would have never become world champions if they had fought back in that era. At the same time guys like Mr Perfect, Ted Dibiase, Rick Rude, etc would all have been world champions in this era.

From January of 1984 to January of 1994 there were only a total of 9 different superstars who held the WWE title. In 2011 alone 4 different guys held the WWE title and 7 different superstars held the World title.

Who cares about how many title changes there have been in this era compared to back then? It was a whole different ball game. If Cena, Angle, Orton and others were around back then, they would have long title runs just like the old WWE used to see. Doesnt mean that one guy should beat the other based on who held the title longer.

Also quit with the Warrior beat Hogan thing. They traded wins in 1 on 1 matches. Difference is that after Warrior beat Hogan, Hulk was still the man for about 10 years after that. Hogan went on to be reborn and just as dominant as ever in WCW. Warrior got beat and went back to being a piece of crap.

Warrior lost to Savage in the cage folks. Fact. He also won against Rude, but it was close.

Cena has lost some matches surrounded in a cage, but has won his fair share as well. He has fought in cages, HIAC and the EC. That is experience and his matches in the cages were not only better, he beat a more than a few guys as well. Plus he is no stranger to a tough environment having been in LMS, I Quit and Extreme rules matches. Warrior has not. John Cena has proven he is a tough SOB when it comes down to it.

Fact. He just beat Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules. He got tore up worse than I have seen in a guy get beat on in years and he won. Against Brock fn Lesnar. Someone that would wipe the floor with Warrior.

Cant believe I am about to do this....

Cena wins this. Why? Because he has made me sick over the years beating top guy after top guy. Yea, his armor was dented with the loss to Rock, but how many times has he lost big like that? HHH, Batista (yea Cena has whooped his ass multiple times), Orton, Edge etc. The list goes on of top guys Cena has beaten. I used to hate Cena. After the last 2-3 years, I think he has well earned his spot among the best ever. He has shown he knows more than the '5 moves of doom' and he can go with the best of them today. His match with Punk amazed me at how good he can be. Yes he did lose, but wow what a match. Cena has also well proven he can take a huge, bloody beating and still come out on top.

Warrior was great back then but his career was much, much shorter than Cena's. Why? Because Cena isnt a whiny bitch and has proven- win or lose, he is here to stay and fight. Warrior may be strong but Cena has proven he is just as strong if not stronger. Cena is pretty quick when he has to be- Warrior is quick when he makes his entrance. Cena can go for longer than 5-10 minutes and win. Warrior for the most part has made a career of 'squash' matches that barely hit 5 minutes. Warrior had energy and strength. Cena has both and quite a mean streak when he is forced into a corner.

Warrior gets the crowd worked in to a frenzy and Cena comes out to a mixed response. Cage gets lowered and it is on. Great feats of strength by both men will be seen. Warrior kicks out of the AA. Cena kicks out of the Splash. Back and forth slugfest and both trade flying shoulder tackles. Both men have the crowd on the edge of their seat. A match for the ages. Warrior hits another few power moves and tries to escape. Cena, bloody and worn, catches him and pulls him in for another AA. Warrior hits the mat and Cena locks in the STF.

Warrior fn taps out, in the cage, to John Cena.

My mind says Warrior, but every fiber of my soul says Cena. It's hard for me to make a case that Cena would be able to thwart Warrior in a one on one match. Warrior's stronger and his win-loss ratio is something out of this world. But when you really look at it, Cena is just better in every fathomable way.

Bigger star, better wrestler, better talker, better human being, etc. Warrior gets an unfair amount of criticism, but I still can't justify considering him superior to Cena in any way.

Who cares about how many title changes there have been in this era compared to back then? It was a whole different ball game. If Cena, Angle, Orton and others were around back then, they would have long title runs just like the old WWE used to see. Doesnt mean that one guy should beat the other based on who held the title longer.

That's not what I was arguing at all. I was pointing out that very few guys from today's era would have gotten runs with the WWE title in the Golden era because of the star power of guys like Hogan, Savage, and Warrior and the fact that there was only one belt. A lot of the big names Cena has beaten would have been in the mid card with the likes of Perfect, Rude, and Dibiase.

Also quit with the Warrior beat Hogan thing. They traded wins in 1 on 1 matches. Difference is that after Warrior beat Hogan, Hulk was still the man for about 10 years after that. Hogan went on to be reborn and just as dominant as ever in WCW. Warrior got beat and went back to being a piece of crap.

Warrior defeated Hogan still at his peak. He was the ONLY person to beat a prime face Hogan clean in the center of the ring. The rematch was a shit show between two guys who were out of their primes and there was heavy interference in that match.

Warrior lost to Savage in the cage folks. Fact. He also won against Rude, but it was close.

Warrior lost to Savage at a house show. Considering Savage was a heel I'm sure there was interference involved as well.

Cena has lost some matches surrounded in a cage, but has won his fair share as well. He has fought in cages, HIAC and the EC. That is experience and his matches in the cages were not only better, he beat a more than a few guys as well. Plus he is no stranger to a tough environment having been in LMS, I Quit and Extreme rules matches. Warrior has not. John Cena has proven he is a tough SOB when it comes down to it.

A cage match isn't exactly "extreme" compared to most other anything goes gimmick matches. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that throwing someone into the steel is the most effective way to use that environment.

Fact. He just beat Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules. He got tore up worse than I have seen in a guy get beat on in years and he won. Against Brock fn Lesnar. Someone that would wipe the floor with Warrior.

Cena took advantage of the fact that Brock was being cocky because Brock is a cocky heel. Warrior is not a cocky heel. And no, Lesnar would not wipe the floor with Warrior.

Cena wins this. Why? Because he has made me sick over the years beating top guy after top guy. Yea, his armor was dented with the loss to Rock, but how many times has he lost big like that? HHH, Batista (yea Cena has whooped his ass multiple times), Orton, Edge etc. The list goes on of top guys Cena has beaten. I used to hate Cena. After the last 2-3 years, I think he has well earned his spot among the best ever. He has shown he knows more than the '5 moves of doom' and he can go with the best of them today. His match with Punk amazed me at how good he can be. Yes he did lose, but wow what a match. Cena has also well proven he can take a huge, bloody beating and still come out on top.

That's all well and good but kayfabe evidence shows that Warrior is the exact type of opponent that Cena would lose to.

Warrior was great back then but his career was much, much shorter than Cena's. Why? Because Cena isnt a whiny bitch and has proven- win or lose, he is here to stay and fight. Warrior may be strong but Cena has proven he is just as strong if not stronger. Cena is pretty quick when he has to be- Warrior is quick when he makes his entrance. Cena can go for longer than 5-10 minutes and win. Warrior for the most part has made a career of 'squash' matches that barely hit 5 minutes. Warrior had energy and strength. Cena has both and quite a mean streak when he is forced into a corner.

Length of career is irrelevant. Warrior has also had his fair share of lengthy matches. His Mania 6 match with Hogan was just under 23 minutes, Mania 7 with Savage lasted just under 21, and his Summerslam 92 match with Savage lasted 28 minutes.

Warrior fn taps out, in the cage, to John Cena.

Now you're just being silly.

Each year, i've tried to vote kayfabe for the tournament. I may have allowed my personal bias to sway my vote a few times but mostly I vote based on who I truly believe would win in a match out of the two competitors. That said, I flat out refuse to vote for Ultimate Warrior over John Cena.

I've changed my views on Cena many times over the years. I have loved him and I have hated him, but one thing that has always held true is my absolute respect for him. His work with the Make A Wish Foundation is remarkable, but what really sticks out to me is his love for the business. John Cena may be the most hated face of the WWE in its history as a company. Despite all of that, he goes out every single week and works his ass off, performing for the very fans that hate and boo him. He let The Rock come back after a 5+ year hiatus from wrestling and pin him clean. He let Brock Lesnar come in and legitimately beat the shit out of him for half an hour. Through all of this, you never hear reports about him being pissy and unhappy. He knows what he must do for the betterment of the business and he doesn't let his ego get in the way of that.

Cena epitomizes everything a professional wrestler should be. Hard working, dedicated, humble and a true passion for the business. Pretty much everything Ultimate Warrior was not. In short, fuck kayfabe for this match, i'm voting for Cena.

Yeah I'm going Cena all day on this one as well, based mainly on the fact that unlike Ultimate Warrior he wasn't/isn't a total and complete failure as the number one guy of a promotion. It also helps he's miles above Warrior as a worker, on the mic, has drawn more, and in general just has a greater legacy then the Warrior ever had or will. Maybe if Warrior had stuck around instead of being a raving lunatic with money and drug problems his legacy would be greater than Cena's, but as of now it just isn't and never will be. Who gives a shit if Warrior beat Hogan? Yeah, it's impressive, but that was it for his entire career. He was like a one hit wonder, a meteoric rise from 1988-1992 with his IC and World title reigns but a total flop as a headliner on house shows, and he always had to be carried to a decent match. Things like that simply matter more to me when making my votes here in this tourny, regardless of one or two people that a certain wrestler may have beaten in their career. Cena's resume isn't exactly chop liver itself.

It's just not true that Warrior was ''a complete failure'' as #1 guy. Hogan was a bigger draw, but WWF was still enjoying success with Warrior as their guy. Why else would Vince want Warrior back when Hogan was on his way out the second time? Why else would Vince always keep Warrior in or around the Main Event? The Ultimate Warrior was a Huge draw. He sold merchandise. He sold tix.

The "complete failure" would have been given a SECOND title run had he not had a pay dispute with Vince.

Calling Warrior a total flop and a complete failure as #1 guy is just crazy. Just admit that you don't like the guy and move on. That's it.

Just to throw this out there.

According to profightdb.com,
Warrior has won almost 90% of his matches
Cena has won around 65% of his matches.

I honestly cannot remember any match in which the Ultimate Warrior lost clean. Cena doesn't cheat. You do the math.

If you vote Cena then according to you, this match would be a FIRST of its kind. Somebody beating the Ultimate Warrior without cheating.

Also, Cena has recently lost to Punk, Rock, the Miz, Lord Tensai............................. and he's supposed to beat The Ultimate Warrior (who would be the face in this match). No Way this happens.

That's not what I was arguing at all. I was pointing out that very few guys from today's era would have gotten runs with the WWE title in the Golden era because of the star power of guys like Hogan, Savage, and Warrior and the fact that there was only one belt. A lot of the big names Cena has beaten would have been in the mid card with the likes of Perfect, Rude, and Dibiase.

Warrior defeated Hogan still at his peak. He was the ONLY person to beat a prime face Hogan clean in the center of the ring. The rematch was a shit show between two guys who were out of their primes and there was heavy interference in that match.

2 things that are irrelevant here

Warrior lost to Savage at a house show. Considering Savage was a heel I'm sure there was interference involved as well.

make that 3.

A cage match isn't exactly "extreme" compared to most other anything goes gimmick matches. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that throwing someone into the steel is the most effective way to use that environment.

Regardless, Cena has the better record. Its not rocket science but Cena won and against multiple guys in one match (EC). That is better than a so-so tiny record against one at a time. In fact I will hold Cenas victory at EC over all the Warriors cage matches combined. Many would probably agree with me there.

Cena took advantage of the fact that Brock was being cocky because Brock is a cocky heel. Warrior is not a cocky heel. And no, Lesnar would not wipe the floor with Warrior.

He still won, regardless of how you spin it. And yes Lesnar would wipe the floor with Warrior. Lesnar is stronger, faster, better on the mat, bat shit crazy and has a history of beating the top faces during his time. Quite similar to Cena on how his career has been with 'Super Cena' beating tons of the top guys in his generation. Cena got his ass handed to him and still beat Lesnar and that was with Lesnar going off and gaining experience in RL UFC fights\training. Brock brought his wrestling skill and his UFC training to Cena and he still lost. What the hell does Warrior have that even compares to that? A few clotheslines and a splash?

Length of career is irrelevant. Warrior has also had his fair share of lengthy matches. His Mania 6 match with Hogan was just under 23 minutes, Mania 7 with Savage lasted just under 21, and his Summerslam 92 match with Savage lasted 28 minutes.

clap....clap....clap.... So he had a small amount of matches that went longer than usual. Doesnt change the fact he won roughly 90% of those in squash matches against lesser opponents. Around 1\4 of his matches were from his 'return' to WWE and his 'ressurection' in WCW. Not really great runs or real competition. Cena has over 2x as many wins as Warrior and counting. Why? Because he is better.

Now you're just being silly.
Thats what people said when Cena made HHH tap along with many others.

Tell me why Warrior wins again?

Because of his stellar record in cage matches? Or maybe because he made no sense on the mic? How about the fact that he clings to memories of his one victory over Hogan just like some others do?

Batista was very close to exactly what Warrior was in the ring. A muscle bound idiot that was crap on the mic yet people loved for some reason because he shakes ropes and can lift guys over his head. Well guess what.... Cena beat the crap out of Batista (a few times) and he took his ball and went home.

Cena wins.

Regardless, Cena has the better record. Its not rocket science but Cena won and against multiple guys in one match (EC). That is better than a so-so tiny record against one at a time. In fact I will hold Cenas victory at EC over all the Warriors cage matches combined. Many would probably agree with me there..

Warrior lost a house show cage match due to interference from Sensational Sherrie. House show results really don't count on guys records and Cena doesn't have anyone to interfere for him. Warrior defeated Rude in a cage and in WCW he knocked The Giant unconscious in a cage before the match started. And what the fuck does a 6 man EC match have to do with a one on one cage match? They aren't even the same match type.

He still won, regardless of how you spin it. And yes Lesnar would wipe the floor with Warrior. Lesnar is stronger, faster, better on the mat, bat shit crazy and has a history of beating the top faces during his time.

The closest person that Lesnar ever faced to Warrior was Bill Goldberg. He lost that match.

Quite similar to Cena on how his career has been with 'Super Cena' beating tons of the top guys in his generation. Cena got his ass handed to him and still beat Lesnar and that was with Lesnar going off and gaining experience in RL UFC fights\training. Brock brought his wrestling skill and his UFC training to Cena and he still lost. What the hell does Warrior have that even compares to that? A few clotheslines and a splash?

The same "few clotheslines and a splash" that he used to defeat the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, and Andre the Giant? Yeah I think he'd be just fine with his move set.

clap....clap....clap.... So he had a small amount of matches that went longer than usual. Doesnt change the fact he won roughly 90% of those in squash matches against lesser opponents. Around 1\4 of his matches were from his 'return' to WWE and his 'ressurection' in WCW. Not really great runs or real competition. Cena has over 2x as many wins as Warrior and counting. Why? Because he is better.

So because Warrior was so good that he squashed most of his opponents, that's somehow a negative? And Cena has more total wins in his career because he has been in a lot more matches. I guarantee Warrior's winning % shits on Cena's.

Thats what people said when Cena made HHH tap along with many others.

Triple H has tapped to a lot of people. As has HBK and most of the people Cena has made tap. Warrior has never given up. Ever.

Because of his stellar record in cage matches? Or maybe because he made no sense on the mic? How about the fact that he clings to memories of his one victory over Hogan just like some others do?

How about because Warrior has NEVER lost to a face wrestler. Or how about because when Cena goes up against another big name face he usually loses, ie. Batista, The Rock, CM Punk.

Batista was very close to exactly what Warrior was in the ring. A muscle bound idiot that was crap on the mic yet people loved for some reason because he shakes ropes and can lift guys over his head. Well guess what.... Cena beat the crap out of Batista (a few times) and he took his ball and went home.

Cena beat Batista as a heel. Heel Batista was cocky and careless, much like Lesnar. When Cena faced Batista at his peak as a face you want to know what happened? He lost clean. Warrior is a face, Cena would lose.

I honestly don't know the answer to this question...but how many times did Warrior actually fight babyfaces? I see that as a reason that people are voting Warrior, but I would assume that Warrior was facing an extremely large percentage of heels since he was babyface.

I'm still waiting to vote. I want to vote Cena with every fiber in my being, but I will allow the conversation to continue.

He should, he was fucking awesome, its just those blinkered heathens that think Mr. Perfect is a legendary performer cant see it.

Cena was kept down by a Rock Bottom at WrestleMania, a Batista Bomb at Summerslam, this splash has beaten some of the all time greats, if its good enough for Hogan, it's good enough for Cena, it's good enough for anybody.

Just gonna say it, experience in a certain type of match is about as relevant as my penis, everybody brings it up as an arguing point but in truth its not even slightly important. The better man wins, regardless.

His point, you silly goose, is that these "mid card heels" that Warrior beat, would have been World Champions in this day and age. Not hard to see it really, some of them were fantastic.

So he's proven that he wins cage matches as well, interference cost him the one against Savage. Lets look at marquee matches, Warrior vs Hogan, Warrior vs Savage. Warrior won them both. Cena vs Batista, Cena vs Rock, Cena lost them both, if this is the route we go down, then its safe to say that Warrior is a better big time performer than Cena. This is a big time match.

Warrior has proven that he is the toughest SOB.

Now your just being a tool.

Cant believe I am about to do this....

Warrior Smash! Warrior Smash Everybody! He's a marquee man. This is a marquee match.

Warrior was great back then but his career was much, much shorter than Cena's. Why? Because Cena isnt a whiny bitch and has proven- win or lose, he is here to stay and fight.

Warrior held out for more money, a very, very commendable thing to do in the circumstances, especially back then, pro wrestling uses people up and shits them out, Warrior knows this, so he wanted to make sure that he had enough to be getting by on. You know who's broke? Destitute and a fucking joke? Ric Flair, you know who's living comfortably? Ultimate Warrior.

Fuck pro-wrestling though, seriously. Why should anybody respect it? A "fake sport" where if you dont shake that ******** Undertakers hand you get heat on you backstage, most of its legends are broke and working indy shows with sick ***** who like to powerbomb each other through glass just to get by. Nah, Warrior gets it, he's one of the very few that does, he's healthy, rich and happy. Cena wins no points for respecting a sport that if he didnt make it money, wouldnt give a shit about him, when he's a beat up old relic like Stone Cold and Hulk Hogan, and Warrior still has both his own hips and a properly working neck, I know who shoe's I'd rather fill.

Regardless, Cena has the better record. Its not rocket science but Cena won and against multiple guys in one match (EC). That is better than a so-so tiny record against one at a time. In fact I will hold Cenas victory at EC over all the Warriors cage matches combined. Many would probably agree with me there.

In the here and now, John Cena is facing a heavily muscled, super babyface, legend, in the here and now, that Elimination Chamber means as much as a wank in the sink.

He still won, regardless of how you spin it. And yes Lesnar would wipe the floor with Warrior. Lesnar is stronger, faster, better on the mat, bat shit crazy and has a history of beating the top faces during his time. Quite similar to Cena on how his career has been with 'Super Cena' beating tons of the top guys in his generation. Cena got his ass handed to him and still beat Lesnar and that was with Lesnar going off and gaining experience in RL UFC fights\training. Brock brought his wrestling skill and his UFC training to Cena and he still lost. What the hell does Warrior have that even compares to that? A few clotheslines and a splash?

This isnt a shoot fight, Lesnar is a skidmark compared to Warrior. Those few clotheslines and a splash have put down everyone Warrior has ever faced, every single one. In pro-wrestling, those few clotheslines and a splash are some of the most devastating things you could ever be hit by.

Because he's been wrestling longer. Warrior is happily retired now.

Warrior could fart into a microphone for ten minutes and people would fucking love it, watch his most recent promo, the guy understands fans, he knows what to do, he is a fantastic promo man. He wins this match, because he is one of the greatest pro wrestlers ever. This is a battle of the Titans, Warrior wins on such occasions.

Face vs face, Summerslam, Batista won. Batista was good as well you know.

Cena wins.

He certainly could, Warrior would win it though.

Warrior would win. Despite some frankly bizarre arguments, we're talking about a man who despite "only having beaten Hulk Hogan" beat The Undertaker, Randy Savage and Andre the Giant in less than 40 seconds.

Someone said Cena wouldn't lose to a Warrior Splash. Which is funny, because I thought I saw him lose to a Rock Bottom, hardly the most potent move, on WrestleMania in front of 80,000 people. Batista beat Cena when they were both faces, and that's the closest he's come to wrestling someone like Warrior.

Cena barely lost to Bret Hart last year in this tournament in a three stages of hell match. One of the matches was a Cage Match, which was the most highly debated of the three matches.

Is Warrior a bigger star then Hart? I don't know. If longevity in the business and accomplishments count for anything, then certainly not. Hart's the bigger star then Warrior on both counts,as is John Cena. Factor in the cage match stipulation. and I think it favors Cena. While it's not the same match, Cena's won three elimination chamber matches. Is it Warrior's fault that match wasn't around when he was wrestling?

No. But that doesn't mean that Cena's experience in there, including making a face HHH tap out, pinning CM Punk, and pinning Carlito(can't have them all) doesn't count. Cena showed last Sunday that all he needs is one big shot, and beat Brock Lesnar in doing so. That was similar to the Nexus match at Summerslam 2010, when he pinned Gabriel off a mistake, and Barrett by simplytripping him into the STFU. To say Cena is the master of capitilizing off one mistake and taking maximum advantage would be accurate.

Would Warrior wrestle a mistake free match? In this environment, with these stakes, I think he'ld have to. And I don't think he would.

Cena wins this, with the STFU, I gather.

There really isn't an answer. Toughest one yet.

Warrior had a dominant run. So has Cena. Warrior was a power guy, so is Cena. Cena's a bit more athletic, but Warrior's absolutely insane.

Imagining these two inside of a steel cage, both men in their prime... it's odd. I think it would an epic showdown, but I'm not sure who would win. I'm not really a fan of either guy, so I'm not sure how I'll vote.

Would Warrior show up for the match?

Warrior was notorious for holding Vince hostage, threatening to no-show if he didn't get more pay. Who's to say he wouldn't here? It was never about being the best for Warrior...it was about making the most money for himself. For Cena, it's always been about what's best for business.

Here, I say it's best for business if Cena goes over. But, let's keep the conversation going.

Wow, what a match! This would be an awesome showdown and I can definitely see a case for either guy. I’m leaning toward Cena in this one. While I wouldn’t say the stipulation necessarily favors Cena I do think it gives him a better chance to win. He doesn’t have to worry about pinning Warrior or making him submit. All he has to do is escape the cage. I’m thinking back to Cena vs. Batista in a last man standing match when Cena kept Batista down with duct tape. I could see a similar finish here. After a tough battle Cena could use those tassels that Warrior wears around his arms to tie Warrior to the cage. As Warrior struggles to break free Cena can climb out. No pin or submission necessary. I’m not going to go into these guy’s history and accomplishments because it won’t break my heart to see either guy advance over the other. I’m just leaning toward Cena for now. In the event of a tie consider this a write in for Cena unless I post otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back