WWE Region, Third Round, 30 Min. Iron Man: (3) Andre the Giant vs. (6) Mil Mascaras

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Andre the Giant

• Mil Mascaras

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WWE Region. It is a 30 Minute Iron Man match, held at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.

640x-1.jpg

Rules: This match has a 30 minute time limit and the most falls in the time limit wins. A fall is a pinfall, submission, countout or disqualification.

Andre_display_image.jpg

#3. Andre the Giant

Vs.

milmascaras_main_bio.png

#6. Mil Mascaras

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

The idea of having to wrestle Andre the Giant and his penis fingers for 30 whole minutes is fucking terrifying. If I were MM I'd let Andre win as long as he doesn't fingerblast my bunghole the whole time.

The problem with this is that Andre did not have the stamina to last 20 mins, never mind 30. His match at WM3 was barely 12 mins, and he looked dead half way through. And, you want him to go 30 with Mil Mascaras? Furthermore, Mascaras would not sell a botch or any other maneuver that was not done correctly. I cannot see Andre winning this as Mil Mascaras would run rings around him, and would pin him ad infinitum from like the 10 minute mark on.

As legendary of a career that Andre had, he is way out of his element against one of the greatest luchadors ever.

In the words of Joooooe McHugh: "The winner of the match, the Man of a thousand masks, the man of a thousand holds, Miiiiiiiiiiiil Mascaras."

How exactly is Mascaras going to get that first fall? A cross body? Maybe a sunset flip? For some reason, I don't see Andre going down to one of those. As for the cardio part, keep in mind that this is in their primes, not when Andre was a shell of himself in 1987.

Andre wins this by sitting on Mascaras and then shrugging off all of the rest of his offense for the other 19 minutes.

I don't know about that. Mascaras was known for submissions as well as high flying, fast paced offense. He was skilled enough to offset Canek's power, and he did slam Andre. I'm not saying that Canek is as powerful as Andre, but I'm sure Mascaras can deal with giant powerhouses just fine. Question is should he beat Andre?

I'm leaning towards the "yes he should" camp. Because his drawing power and his longevity both trump Andre's. Hell, even marketability... Mascaras had his hand in movies, comics, television, and was every bit the crossover star that Andre was. Also he had a better international record than Andre. Though Andre had the whole 'unbeaten in the Northeast' thing going.

I could be swayed, but I'll need a better argument than "Andre drew many people at Mania 3." He didn't. Not by himself at least.

I gotta go Mexican Wrestling Jesus here again, even though my dream matchup of all time would be Taker v Andre (and I have my serious doubts it will happen regardless of the outcome of this match).

Andre was an attraction. Mascaras was a STAR. He is talked about by the great Mexican people as though he was a direct decendant of the Good Lord himself.

Andre was in Princess Bride, which is awesome for him. It's a classic supporting role for athletes going into acting.

Mascaras had movies and television shows built around him. Lots of them. He is the man, and Andre is the sideshow.

Vote Mascaras.

How exactly is Mascaras going to get that first fall? A cross body? Maybe a sunset flip? For some reason, I don't see Andre going down to one of those. As for the cardio part, keep in mind that this is in their primes, not when Andre was a shell of himself in 1987.

Andre wins this by sitting on Mascaras and then shrugging off all of the rest of his offense for the other 19 minutes.
I am. And I have NEVER seen Andre got more than 10 minutes without looking like he was dying. Yes, Andre was a major attraction. In a straight match, I could see your argument. In an Ironman? He would not last.

I'm not au fait with them personally, but people always bring up some 60 minute draws Andre has in his back catalogue so let's not get carried away with the stamina question. Masceras won a lot of matches against world champions in the USA. There's one, I want to say against Harley Race, but it might be Billy Graham, where he wins by blood stoppage. So clearly, his moveset is capable of causing damage to get a fall.

Both of these guys have proven themselves to be stupid enough to eliminate themselves from the Royal Rumble, so there's a good chance of a fall or two going to count out or some such. Andre is less likely to be able to run to the ring at a 9 count, so he'd lose those falls.

Ultimately, I think there are two worthy competitors here, so it comes down to the fact that nobody has bettered Mil Mascaras as a globally successful and popular luchador - although Rey Mysterio could - whereas I think the Big Show has done that for Andre. That's just a ridiculous way of saying I like Mascaras more.

I am. And I have NEVER seen Andre got more than 10 minutes without looking like he was dying. Yes, Andre was a major attraction. In a straight match, I could see your argument. In an Ironman? He would not last.

And what is Mascaras going to do to a tired Andre? I still haven't heard an answer to that question. Andre can get more than a few wins in about ten minutes and I really don't see Mascaras being able to tie things up.

That frizzy haired afro Andre is a fucking anomaly in the ring.

Check this out:

[youtube]69u3EJQUfLI[/youtube]

Kamala sells his persona like a fucking boss

Andre is getting his introduction while being pummeled to the mat which is hilarious to me (idkw)

But the main thing is Andre keeps coming back every single time. He is hit a few times, does his fav tied in the rope routine, takes a beating and comes back to fight off a triple team.

Then again, Andre's kryptonite besides over the top cartoony babyfaces are Japanese shooters and pure rules do help Misawa somewhat. Not nough to beat him though, that man could go!

That frizzy haired afro Andre is a fucking anomaly in the ring.

Check this out:

[youtube]69u3EJQUfLI[/youtube]

Kamala sells his persona like a fucking boss

Andre is getting his introduction while being pummeled to the mat which is hilarious to me (idkw)

But the main thing is Andre keeps coming back every single time. He is hit a few times, does his fav tied in the rope routine, takes a beating and comes back to fight off a triple team.

Then again, Andre's kryptonite besides over the top cartoony babyfaces are Japanese shooters and pure rules do help Misawa somewhat. Not nough to beat him though, that man could go!

You're getting your matches confused. Undertaker vs. Inoki is Pure Rules. This is Iron Man against Mil Mascaras.

I wanted to point that out because people might say he tires out and all.

He takes some amount of punishment here and keeps coming back.

My bad I wrote Pure Rules I meant Iron Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back