WWE Region, Providence Subregion, First Round: (4) Dusty Rhodes vs. (29) Taz

Discussion in 'WWE Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 30, 2014.

?

Who Wins This Matchup?

1. Dusty Rhodes

2. Taz

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round match in the WWE Region, Providence Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WWE Rules. It will be held at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence, Rhode Island.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#4. Dusty Rhodes

Vs.

[​IMG]

#29. Taz

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

ocekit likes this.
  2. nightmare

nightmare ...7, 8, Better stay up late...

Dusty wins this because it is at the Dunkin Donuts Center. Not good enough? Ok, fine.

There isnt much to really say. Its Taz & he has not had nearly as much success as Rhodes. The man was so charismatic he got over wearing yellow polka dots. Thats talent.

I really do like Taz. If this was a video game I would have destroyed Dusty with a few suplexes & made the man tap out. Problem is I just cannot vote him over The American Dream in a tournament to crown the best ever. Dusty has just meant more to wrestling than Taz ever will.

Danger Burger likes this.
  3. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Dusty Rhodes in every shape and form. Taz was a suplex machine, and used a Tazmission to choke people out, but this is Dusty Rhodes. The common man! Workin' hard with his hands.

Rhodes laughs as Taz tries to suplex him and delivers a Bionic Elbow elbow. Then another one, and another one. After about 30 of them, Taz starts slurring his speech, bleeds from his eyes and ears and dies of head trauma.

Dusty moves on.

Rainbow Yaz likes this.
  4. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

Taz was one of the few ECW mainstays who found relevancy outside the promotion. He was barely 5'8 but he would suplex the shit out of you. He gave Kurt Angle his first loss at Royal Rumble 2000. He is a guy who was solid in his own right.

Dusty Rhodes baby, was better. He was a 3x most popular wrestler of the year for PWI, twice had match of the year, one time feud of the year. By Dusty's admission Vince tried to bury him with the polka dots, but Dusty ran with it and got over. He also once said "One stipulation: I'm in my boys' corner and I'll be your huckleberry all night long"

Not only better as a wrestler, but as a commentator.

[YOUTUBE]vpzfaKFAB7c[/YOUTUBE]

Ask Pancake, I do a spot on Dusty Rhodes. Gotta vote for the man whose impression makes little Pancake piss himself laughing.

5. HBsam31

HBsam31 Totally Reeking of Awesomeness

When I was in my teens I thought Taz was the baddest man on the planet. I loved watching him suplex the hell out of people. A shame he is going against one of the greats of all time. Taz gives Dusty a hard fought match, but Rhodes moves on to the next round.

6. Papa Pillman

Papa Pillman I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan

I'd actually love to see this match. It'd be a lot of fun to watch Taz throw Dusty around and drop him on his head a couple times, hell, with the Northeast setting Taz may even get some of the crowd on his side. But in the end even the biggest Taz supporter would have to smile once Dusty started dancing, punching, and throwing Bionic Elbows for the win.

7. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

Dammit, why did Taz have to get such a hard draw.

I much prefer Taz to Rhodes, in every single way. There aren't more enjoyable sights in wrestling than Taz suplexing the fuck out of someone, the guy was an an absolute beast in ECW, and deserved better treatment in WWE. It's a shame his neck injuries shortened his career.

But, I'm still going to have to go for Dusty. His success as NWA champion means alot more than Taz's ECW titles, and he is far more charismatic and means a hell of a lot more to the wrestling business than Taz. There really isn't any reason why Taz would go over here, especially in a 1st round match. Rhodes wouldn't lose to Taz. It's a shame, but that's how it is.

8. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

When Rhodes was at his most rotund, Taz would have some difficulty getting a portion of his suplexes in. Dusty has no problem dropping elbow after elbow on the head of the smaller man until he just passes out.

This one goes to one of the most over and purest babyfaces of all time. A peer that inspired Ric Flair. He has to win.

9. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Taz was the champion of a small company that gave the big companies some good ideas, but Dusty Rhodes looking like that and being world champion is basically the turning point in the history of wrestling where the fake nature became obviously apparent. Rhodes is a much bigger name and has very little to worry about here, I'm afraid.

10. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

Taz was a beast in ECW but away from the bingo hall he was nothing. Nothing. Dusty was one of the most popular wrestlers for a long time and had success everywhere he competed.

11. LSN80

LSN80 King Of The Ring

You're killing off every wrestler you believe will lose here in the first round at the rate you're going. ;)

Regardless, the voting is a whitewash right now, and rightfully so. Tazz was a tough guy in an extremely small pond, while Rhodes won a few NWA World Championships. Taz won the ECW Championship at least once, but it's the prestigious NWA Title for Dusty, the ECW title for Tazz.

And what happened when Tazz transitioned to the WWE? To my recollection, he feuded with Lawler, challenged for the IC Championship but never won it, and won the title that every lower card wrestler in the WWE did, the Hardcore title. Rhodes defeated Harley Race and Ric Flair to win his World Championships. This match is so lopsided that either Cody or Goldust could replace their daddy in this match and the outcome would still be the same.

Hollywood Naitch likes this.
  12. Bythedockofthebay

Bythedockofthebay Getting Noticed By Management

I know dusty wins this but i gave taz a pity vote because I loved ECW and taz was one of my favorites.

Winner- Taz with the tazmission (in reality dusty with a bionic elbow of death)

13. Dmbfantomas

Dmbfantomas Bald Billy was Better

If I remember correctly, Tazz was the first person to beat Kurt Angle. Outside of that he didn't do much. He made a lot of dumb noises and grunts and suplexed people and no one cared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.