WWE Presents: The Rolling Stones

Remix

Is a thin rope
Yes, you did read that right.

Variety.com said:
WWE is going on tour with "The Rolling Stones."

As part of the band's 50th anniversary, WWE will produce and distribute the live pay-per-view show "One More Shot" for the Stones' show, performed at the Prudential Center, in Newark, New Jersey, on Dec. 15.

"WWE is ecstatic to bring The Rolling Stones into your living room," said WWE chairman-CEO Vince McMahon.

The tour, to take place at four arena shows in London and New York, is a partnership between Endemol, which co-manages the international digital rights to the Rolling Stones "50 and Counting" shows, and Dainty Group. The performances will see the band working once again with their acclaimed, long time collaborators, set designer Mark Fisher and lighting director Patrick Woodroffe, who are designing an all-new, custom-built set design, with a stage based on the band's ubiquitous and celebrated tongue and lips logo that reaches out into the crowd.

Orgs turned to WWE to produce the PPV after its live events throughout the year have generated strong sales, including "WrestleMania," whose 28th installment, held April 1, at Miami's Sun Life Stadium, generated a record 1.3 million buys, earning $67 million.

Well, if there's one thing that WWE does better than pretty much anyone, it's produce a live event. So this actually makes sense for all involved despite how odd it may appear at first glance. If it goes well, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see WWE do this kind of thing on a fairly frequent basis, just because (for them) it represents an easy way to make money and start moving away from being a "wrestling" company and towards being an "entertainment" company.

And I put this here because last time I checked, the Rolling Stones aren't wrestlers and a gig isn't a wreslting show, no matter who's producing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back