WWE Pittsburgh, Round 3, Match 2: #26 Samoa Joe vs. #10 The Great Muta

Joe vs. Muta

• Samoa

• Japan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under Basic WWE Rules, from Pittsburgh, PA.

#26. "The Samoan Submission Machine" Samoe Joe
a_med_Samoa_Joe__0024_prv.jpg.jpg

vs.

#10. The Great Muta
l_22e7bedaf90793d8c3add5300edfc4c3.jpg

Although I think Samoa Joe could eventually become a professional wrestling legend, he just can't compete here. In his prime, Muta was just as strong as Joe and much, much faster. Furthermore, he was probably the sneakiest heel to ever grace a wrestling ring (this guy could easily get dirty wins with even the most vigilant of referees). Simply put, right now, Joe just doesn't have what it takes to beat Muta. You don't necessarily have to be the greatest athlete in the world to beat Muta (although you still do have to be exceptional), but you sure as hell have to be very alert, perceptive, and level-headed, which are three ring virtues Joe has yet to acquire. Maybe in five or so years Joe would stand a chance against Muta, but there's no way in hell that he could win this match if it were to take place today, with Muta in his 90s prime.

Pick: Muta

Well,Joe had disposed of the one with the hair,the american dream and now the only thing stopping him from a showdown with the olympic gold medalist is the heel of all heels,the great muta.But I still see the nation of violence beating Keiji Mutoh.And here is why:

1)Joe is stronger:Joe can easily pick up muta for a power move.Muta will have trouble picking up the bigger,fatter Joe.Joe will throw him around like a little bitch,but Muta will be getting some offence.But just not enough to take out the samoa submission machine.Hurt him, yes.beat him.No.

2)Joe has taken on kenta kobashi and took him to the limit.Yes he didn't win,but he had a hell of a match.And to me, Kenta is better than Muta,so Joe goes over him.Joe has beaten Kurt Angle,who would beat Muta also.

3)Joe is a better brawler.If this becomes a brawl,Joe's fists,knees and feet will guide him to safely.He has beaten the Necro butcher for god's sake.Muta has incredible kicks,but so did Low Ki,and Joe kicked his ass.Plus joe's insulation will absorb most of the hits.

4)Muta relies on his mist.Joe will not be defeated by this.He didn't lose to Carlito's apple spit.FACT.

5)Muta is faster and smarter,but he can't run when he's on Joe's shoulder for the musclebuster or when he's being choked.Joe snaps on the choke and Muta's hands hit the mat.

It will be close,but I firmly believe that Joe will win.But just scrapes it as the great Muta will get a lot of votes,some from those who just hate the fat bastard.But ultimately,Joe will come out on top and set up a tie with Angle.

Vote Samoan Submission!

The Great Muta's career has been bigger, better, and much more successful than that of samoa joe's. Muta has defeated sting at the prime of his career. Joe couldn't even defeat an aging, nearly 50 year old sting. Muta wins this.

1)Joe is stronger:Joe can easily pick up muta for a power move.Muta will have trouble picking up the bigger,fatter Joe.Joe will throw him around like a little bitch,but Muta will be getting some offence.But just not enough to take out the samoa submission machine.Hurt him, yes.beat him.No.

Joe is probably stronger, but him being able to manhandle Muta like a little bitch would require that two assumptions are made: one, that Muta isn't strong enough to, at the very least, give Joe a hard time in suplexing and slamming him, and two, that Joe can catch Muta. In regards to the first assumption: Muta is one of the most compactly and muscularly built Japanese wrestlers of all time, and I seriously doubt that Joe would be able to dominate him as easily as you seem to think he would. In regards to point two: Joe can be quick, but only in spurts. Not only is Muta faster than Joe, but he has much more stamina, which means that he can wrestle at faster speeds over longer periods of time. All Muta would have to do is wait Joe out, and this hypothetical scenario is pretty realistic, as Muta's modus operandi in the ring was always to wait for his opponent to go on the offensive and wait for an opening to take him out.

2)Joe has taken on kenta kobashi and took him to the limit.Yes he didn't win,but he had a hell of a match.And to me, Kenta is better than Muta,so Joe goes over him.Joe has beaten Kurt Angle,who would beat Muta also.

Kobashi's a legend, and your opinion's your opinion, but many (including myself) would disagree with you about Kobashi being better than Muta. In terms of Japanese heavyweights born during the 1960s, I think most puroresu fans would rate Muta as the second best, right behind Misawa and right before Kobashi (although, personally, I think arguments could be made for Toshiaki Kawada, Nobuhiko Takada, and Shinya Hashimoto being higher on this list than Kobashi).

3)Joe is a better brawler.If this becomes a brawl,Joe's fists,knees and feet will guide him to safely.He has beaten the Necro butcher for god's sake.Muta has incredible kicks,but so did Low Ki,and Joe kicked his ass.Plus joe's insulation will absorb most of the hits.

Not only does Muta have amazing kicks, but, as already stated, he is much faster than Joe. Also, Muta is an extremely dirty fighter. Simply put, Muta is shameless. He would have no problem pulling Joe's hair, fish hooking him, or poking his eyes. If Joe was quicker than Muta, there would be the chance that he could escape Muta's shenanigans. But, in order to brawl with Muta, he would have to go toe-to-toe with him, and, if this happened, Muta would try to get as close to him as possible to do any of the aforementioned things (and probably much more).

4)Muta relies on his mist.Joe will not be defeated by this.He didn't lose to Carlito's apple spit.FACT.

Kayfabe, Muta spits poison mist. I'm pretty sure that does much more harm to your eyes than a few chewed-up apple bites.

5)Muta is faster and smarter,but he can't run when he's on Joe's shoulder for the musclebuster or when he's being choked.Joe snaps on the choke and Muta's hands hit the mat.

This is, of course, assuming that Joe would ever be able to get Muta in the musclebuster, which I seriously doubt he would be able to do, as Muta would never be stupid enough to expose himself like that.

It will be close,but I firmly believe that Joe will win.But just scrapes it as the great Muta will get a lot of votes,some from those who just hate the fat bastard.But ultimately,Joe will come out on top and set up a tie with Angle.

Vote Samoan Submission!

People aren't going to vote against Joe because they hate him. People are going to vote for Muta because he is the far superior worker. The only thing you really have in your favor is that Joe has beat Kurt Angle. But, that's about it. And, this is easily countered with the fact that Joe couldn't even beat Kobashi and Misawa when they were only half of what they used to be (even though they are both still pretty damn good). As they are right now, Kobashi and Misawa would never have been able to beat Muta in his prime (hell, Misawa put over Takeshi Morishima, who, admittedly, is a good wrestler, but nothing in comparison to The Great Muta).

The Great Muta's career has been bigger, better, and much more successful than that of samoa joe's. Muta has defeated sting at the prime of his career. Joe couldn't even defeat an aging, nearly 50 year old sting. Muta wins this.
Joe completely dominated and outclassed Sting is that entire battle. Samoa Joe was even able to take the scorpion death drop like it was nothing. The only reason Joe lost that match was because Kevin Nash turned his back on Joe. In this match that wouldn't happen. It'd be one on one and one on one Joe is just about unbeatable. Joe can handle just about anyone's finisher, he can move like a cruiserweight yet still have the power to match guys like Angle and Sting, and he can go move for move with anyone. They don't call him the Samoan Submission Machine for nothing.

The only way Joe would lose this match is if he beat himself, which is something we've seen happen in the past. Joe can be a bit of a hot head at times and that could definitely cost him in this match, especially considering how great Muta is as getting inside of his opponents head. With that said I think this is a match where Joe wins more than he loses. I'd say Joe beats Muta 60% of the time.

Muta takes this and let me explain why.

The Great Muta at his prime was one of the greatest wrestlers in Japan, and even had a pretty strong following in the USA. Joe was one of the top dogs for an indy company in ROH, and then had a shit world title reign in TNA. Hmmm Japan, or ROH and TNA? I'd say if it came to a popularity contest, Muta will win that. Now if you want to go accomplishments, Muta has held the AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight title three times, the IWGP Heavyweight title 4 times, he has held numerous tag titles, tournament victories, and to top it off, he held the NWA Television title once, the WCW tag titles once, and even won the 1992 Battlebowl. The list of accolades he has received is astounding. Joe has one the ROH World title once, the ROH Pure title once, the TNA Heavyweight title once, X Division title 3 times, and the TNA tag titles once. Obviously Muta has been around quite a bit longer so that is working against Joe here.

Now in a kayfabe match, I notice people think that Joe would be able to overpower Muta. Uh, looking it up, Muta weighs in at 245, he's no cruiserweight but he can fly around like he is one. So Muta has power, maybe not on par with Joe, but enough so that Joe couldn't completely overpower him. I believe Muta would easily be able to use his speed to run around Joe and keep him on his toes. Muta is also the master of mind games, and Joe, well, he's very prone to mind games as he is a more straightforward fighter. And it's always not about who's the strongest or the fastest, often times it comes down to who is the smartest, and Muta wins that contest by far. I think the only hope Joe would have is to catch Muta and basically ground and pound, and slap on submission holds onto him. Also, Muta has a great ace up his sleeve if a rep bump were to occur. He has the mist that he uses. Now there are different kinds he uses, and depending on the color the severity or effect it has on his opponents. If he uses the black or the green mist, it's over for Joe as he'll be effectively reduced to fighting in the dark and Muta will set Joe up for the Muta lock, Shining Wizard, or the Moonsault and its over. This also leads to another strong advantage for Muta, he can adapt so quickly to any situation and switch it to his strength.

So to sum it up, Muta may not have the power, but he has almost everything else working for him, and I believe he would be able to beat Joe no problem.

Joe needs to be able to keep up with Mutah to get him in those power moves you're talking about. All Mutah has to do is be fast enough to keep away from Joe and then strike when he makes a mistake from being tired.
KENTA and Mutah are two of the best in Japan. If Joe can't beat KENTA when he's not in his prime he can't beat Mutah in his prime.
Again he would have to be able to catch Mutah to land those fists, knees and feet. I don't see that happening because Joe is slower in the ring than Mutah ever was.
HE could use the Shining Wizard ( A move he innovated) to knock him out. He could make him tap to the Muta Lock (another move he innovated). There are a bunch of other moves he could use to put Joe away. the mist is just one move in his arsenal not his only move. Plus the mist stings like hell, more so than apple pieces spat at you so if Joe got hit with it more than likely he would be down for at least a minute or so.
5)Muta is faster and smarter, but he can't run when he's on Joe's shoulder for the musclebuster or when he's being choked.Joe snaps on the choke and Muta's hands hit the mat.
Read what I bolded, that right there takes away your entire point. Mutah is faster and smarter than Joe which means he won't be caught by Joe or any tricks he can throw at him which means no Musclebuster or Choke Hold
It shouldn't be close, Mutah is better than Joe in every way shape and form. Mutah is recognized both in the US and Japan as one of the best Japanese Wrestlers of All time. Joe isn't recognized as the best anything.

Mutah wins this.

Yeah I'm with the Mutaites here. There is absolutely no flaw in his game whatsoever. Muta has faced the best and has beaten the best. He's a worldwide legend who's influence is widespread. He's a legend now and he'll be a legend for as long as anyone is going to be able to tell. He simply finds ways to beat people, no matter what size or style they use. Joe is a good wrestler, but whatever he throws at Muta, Muta has seen before and he's seen better versions of it. It's a solid match, but there's just nothing that Joe can do to stop Muta.

Samoa Joe can hold his own against Japan's finest. His matches with Misawa are legendary, but Muta is in a league of his own as a professional wrestler. Muta's taken down Sting in his prime, Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Lex Luger, and the list of Japan's casualties are endless.

Muta's ex factor is always the Green mist. With that, he can beat anyone on a given night. Joe's got some power and agility, but Muta knows how to win and knows how to cheat, too. It's a clean pin for Muta.

Same as everyone else really. Samoa Joe is quite strong and has a lot in his arsenal, but he's against one of the greatest heels of all time and an even greater innovator here. Joe would put up a fight, but Muta would be able to take everything he had - he beat Vader in th aforementioned battlebowl match, after fighting an extra match on the card that night.

Muta beat Sting in a WCW ring in Atlanta, which surely proves his popularity and ability to do well in America. I predict a back and forth match, with Muta eventually resorting to mist and piking up the win.

Joe completely dominated and outclassed Sting is that entire battle. Samoa Joe was even able to take the scorpion death drop like it was nothing. The only reason Joe lost that match was because Kevin Nash turned his back on Joe. In this match that wouldn't happen. .

He's still lost the match though.

Joe can handle just about anyone's finisher, he can move like a cruiserweight yet still have the power to match guys like Angle and Sting, and he can go move for move with anyone. They don't call him the Samoan Submission Machine for nothing.

who the bloody hell cares if he can move like a cruiserweight. The great muta has beaten THEE best and hes is considered THEE BEST. he has won the IWGP title several times, and HE BEAT STING. Hes beaten a man twice joe's size, and that is Vader. Joe isn't even in muta's league.

The only way Joe would lose this match is if he beat himself, which is something we've seen happen in the past. Joe can be a bit of a hot head at times and that could definitely cost him in this match, especially considering how great Muta is as getting inside of his opponents head. With that said I think this is a match where Joe wins more than he loses. I'd say Joe beats Muta 60% of the time.

WRONG. he'd lose because he'd go up against a seasoned veteran who's done more than joe has in his whole overrated career. Muta would smack samoa joe all across the ring and score the pinfall.

He's still lost the match though.

Yeah, because of interference. Nash hit him in the back with a baseball bat.

who the bloody hell cares if he can move like a cruiserweight.

...Me.

The great muta has beaten THEE best and hes is considered THEE BEST. he has won the IWGP several times, and HE BEAT STING. Joe isn't in muta's league.

You're right, he's above it. See what I did there? You didn't specify exactly which league Joe was in. It will be your downfall.

WRONG. he'd lose because he'd go up against a veteran who's done more than joe has his whole career and take him out with the 1,2,3.

Done more than Joe but still not as good as Joe. I mean, how many world championships had Brock Lesnar won when he decimated Hulk Hogan? That's right, none.

Yeah, because of interference. Nash hit him in the back with a baseball bat.

...Me.

You're right, he's above it. See what I did there? You didn't specify exactly which league Joe was in. It will be your downfall.

Done more than Joe but still not as good as Joe. I mean, how many world championships had Brock Lesnar won when he decimated Hulk Hogan? That's right, none.

Uh oh, the sarcastic breakdown post is back! What do you actually know about Muta? All I see here is that you've essentially done nothing but try to make someone look like a fool by manipulating their post. How exactly does this prove that Joe is better than Muta?

Any possible argument for Joe that has been made so far has been refuted with an even stronger argument in favor of Muta. So, please, come in here with an argument that has at least a little bit of substance so that we can dismiss it.

Yeah, because of interference. Nash hit him in the back with a baseball bat..

BUT HE STILL LOST.

what a idiotic response. It doesn't matter how many flips and kicks joe does, he'll lose.

if you think he's above muta's league, then you don't know muta's history, and therefore you'll stay losing.

What the hell does hulk hogan and brock lesnar have to do with any of this? where talking about joe and muta. YOU FAIL. muta defeats samoa joel.

I'm not overly thrilled with either guy really. In regards to Muta, I keep hearing the exact same argument for him as I've heard about the other Japanese wrestlers: He's a legend, he's a god in Japan, he's beaten some of the best and most familiar names to wrestling audiences in America back when they were in their prime.

As for Joe, I keep hearing about how great of an athlete he is to be a guy that doesn't spend much time in a gym. I hear about his performances against the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Kevin Nash and a few others.

To be honest, I'm fairly impressed with Joe's athletic ability, considering the fact he's a chubby 285 pounder. I think he'd give Muta a pretty good going. It wouldn't be a squash by any means. In the end, I have to look at who Muta has beaten and who Joe has beaten. Joe has beaten some of the biggest names in the business, the only problem is that most of those big names are well past their prime. I think Muta is good, but he's not that good. I think Joe is ok, but he's not in Muta's league. I give it to Muta.

I don't care that this post will get ripped apart, I've known who I was voting for since the beginning. Samoa Joe wins. Muta is average. I don't get why everyone is making him out to be the greatest wrestler ever. I can think of about 200 other wrestlers in this tournament that I would vote over him. Samoa Joe is quick, and athletic, and will out-wrestle Muta on the mat. If the muscle buster doesn't end this, the rear naked choke will.

I'm secretly hoping it's the rear naked choke.

Uh oh, the sarcastic breakdown post is back!

Is that... is that sarcasm?

Edit: I just checked. Technically, my post wasn't sarcastic.

What do you actually know about Muta?

A bit. I'm not planning to vote. I might anyway.

All I see here is that you've essentially done nothing but try to make someone look like a fool by manipulating their post.

Essentially, yuh.

How exactly does this prove that Joe is better than Muta?

It doesn't. I've never been impressed by Muta. I'm therefore assuming that I haven't seen the same things you guys have seen.

Any possible argument for Joe that has been made so far has been refuted with an even stronger argument in favor of Muta.

That's definitely sarcasm.

So, please, come in here with an argument that has at least a little bit of substance so that we can dismiss it.

Now I know you're pulling my leg.

bustecs? Is that his name? said:
BUT HE STILL LOST.

Yeah. That's the problem with Joe, always getting hit in the back by baseball bats. As a common occurrence in matches, it's a real downfall.

Edit: The arguments for Muta seem to be centred on the fact that he's so fast he becomes intangible and that he's a "great heel". That's substance?

Alright boys and girls, you wanted a post with substance, I'll give it a shot. I may sink into lazy rhetoric, but we'll see. Now with 80% added sarcasm

Now, this is from the point of view that has never seen anything remotely impressive from the great Muta. I'm therefore assuming I've missed everything that all these other guys have seen.

For example, I've never seen this "runs so fast that he becomes intangible" move that people seem to think Muta constantly performs. Apparently, he never stops running. Therefore, Joe won't be able to catch him.

How, therefore, will Muta pin Joe, if he never stops running? Good question. Well, you see, Muta is a great heel. He'll therefore use "heel tactics".

Joe, despite being stronger and more athletic, likely capable of brutalising Muta if he didn't possess the ability to turn into a ghost, stands no chance. His vast array of moves, from high impact slams to hard kicks to submission after submission to casually walking away from flips, any of the moves he has used to so easily defeat wrestlers so similar to Muta will suddenly have no effect. Why? Because - and don't be frightened - Muta is a g-g-g-g-ghost!

Now that's sarcasm.

Muta wins here. The guy is a legend on two continents, and the guy is an 8 time former champion, that's pretty impressive. The guy strikes quickly, and the guy simply outsmarts opponents.

I'm about as big of a Joe critic on the forums as anyone there is. Fat Joe in TNA now sucks, my opinion of course. I didn't mind so much his ROH stuff, and his early TNA work, as it was at least tolerable. I think this match would be stiff as all hell, but Muta will outsmart Joe in the end.

I think that everything that can be said, has already been said. Muta was a far superior worker to Joe, he was a bigger draw, he found greater success in both the US and Japan in comparison to Joe, benefiting from superior booking.

In a kayfabe match, Muta wouldn't hesitate to cheat to win. If Joe got the upper hand during the match, Muta would probably use the ring to his advantage by using it as a weapon. The mist would come into play, and while Joe struggles to wipe the mist from his eyes, it makes him vulnerable to the shining wizard.

And if the green mist didn't work, Muta could just use the red mist (which would burn him) or the blue mist, which would (in kayfabe) automatically KO him.

Anyway you slice it, winner Muta

The cheating argument is probably one of the cheapest in this tournament. I mean, it's half the reason Edge will go anywhere in this tournament. It's second only to "well, he's a natural underdog, so he beats this guy that is better than him."

But yeah, nobody can stop Muta. Undertaker? He'd just use the mist. Vader? He'd just use the mist. Austin? He'd just use the mist. Hogan? He'd just use the mist. Styles? He'd just use the mist. Benoit? He'd just use the mist. You see where I'm going with this.

Alright boys and girls, you wanted a post with substance, I'll give it a shot. I may sink into lazy rhetoric, but we'll see. Now with 80% added sarcasm

Now, this is from the point of view that has never seen anything remotely impressive from the great Muta. I'm therefore assuming I've missed everything that all these other guys have seen.

For example, I've never seen this "runs so fast that he becomes intangible" move that people seem to think Muta constantly performs. Apparently, he never stops running. Therefore, Joe won't be able to catch him.

How, therefore, will Muta pin Joe, if he never stops running? Good question. Well, you see, Muta is a great heel. He'll therefore use "heel tactics".

Joe, despite being stronger and more athletic, likely capable of brutalising Muta if he didn't possess the ability to turn into a ghost, stands no chance. His vast array of moves, from high impact slams to hard kicks to submission after submission to casually walking away from flips, any of the moves he has used to so easily defeat wrestlers so similar to Muta will suddenly have no effect. Why? Because - and don't be frightened - Muta is a g-g-g-g-ghost!

Now that's sarcasm.

I will now respond to this, even though it is after the close of the vote (but, I called you out, and I don't write checks that my mouth can't cash).

No one here has stated that Muta is as fast as a ghost. He is extremely quick, but, no, he is not as quick as a ghost.

Why would Muta beat Joe? I think the best way to show this would be through a match:

[youtube]n7hdDIF1WGQ[/youtube]

[youtube]wXzmoq4caRE[/youtube]​

As the headings of these videos already indicate, this match, which took place in September 1992, saw Muta put the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship up against Shinya Hashimoto. Although not very well known to the English-speaking world, Hashimoto had a huge part in New Japan's success throughout the 1990s. Wrestling-wise, he was just as strong and agile as Samoa Joe. Also, for his size, he was very fast, although he might have been just a tad slower than Samoa Joe. Furthermore, like Samoa Joe, in the ring, Hashimoto was extremely brutal and aggressive.

Ultimately, Muta wins this match. I will now offer a little bit of commentary on this match to argue that Muta won this match through quickness, smarts, and a resilience that he has always displayed after being subject to heavy physical punishment:

0:44 - 2:16, Video 1
- This is classic Muta right here, staring blankly at Hashimoto, circling him, and then ducking out of the ring to pace the apron. To me, this seems like a tactic to try and frustrate Hashimoto. Why Muta would want to frustrate such a big man will be explained in a little bit.

2:16 - 2:44, Video 1
- Here, Muta decides to see exactly how strong Hashimoto is. Obviously, that shoulder block shows that Hashimoto is a hell of a lot stronger than Muta. But, Muta again walks out, and this finally sets off Hashimoto.

2:44 - 6:14, Video 1 - Pretty much nothing but a Muta beatdown at the hands of Hashimoto. However, it is important to note Muta's ability here to get up after each one of Hashimoto's moves. While some may see this as no-selling, kayfabe, this shows Muta's ability to sustain punishment and walk around as if nothing has happened to him.

6:14 - 7:45. Video 1 - After pummeling him for sometime, Hashimoto decides to let Muta take a free shot. Muta capitalizes on this pride and quickly attacks Hashimoto. Furthermore, he gets him out of the ring where he can use foreign objects to inflict more damage. Throughout this attack, Muta give Hashimoto hardly any time to recuperate. This segment shows how fast Muta is on the attack.

7:45 - 7:54, Video 1 - Hashimoto finally gets his bearings and shows that he, like Muta, can also sustain punishment...when he is prepared for it.

0:01 - 0:11, Video 2 - Continuation of the previous commentary.

0:11 - 0:25, Video 2 - If Muta were talking here, this is what he would say: "Ah, Hashimoto, so my chops and kicks do you no harm? Well, I bet the fact that I have no scruples will seriously do you harm. Here are my fingernails...IN YOUR EYES!!!!"

0:32 - 0:51, Video 2
- "You like my fingernails in your eyes, Hashimoto? Well, I can't turn down a request!"

0:56, Video 2 - "FUCK ALL YOU MARKS!!!"

1:03 - 1:11, Video 2 - "Seriously, you want me to bite your brow, Hashimoto? Well, OK!!!"

1:22 - 1:40, Video 2
- Muta strangling Hashimoto with some rope. I do apologize for Muta's behavior, folks...he really is a psychopath, if that makes you feel any better.

2:03 - 2:30, Video 2 - A seriously irate, but more wary, Hashimoto reenters the ring. But, Muta, the quick man that he is, is there waiting for him. They trade blows, but this can only end in Muta's favor, as Hashimoto's blows really do nothing to him. It looks like things are still in Muta's favor, until Hashimoto lands a lucky, although admittedly sweet, kick on Muta's sciatic nerve.

2:30 - 4:30, Video 2
- Hashimoto now has the upper hand, and attempts to wipe the mat clean with Muta. But, was this the best thing to do? Hashimoto had a stunned Muta, but he didn't go for the pin. Instead, he decides to prove to himself and to Muta just how much more of a man he is than Muta. Hmmm...wasn't there another wrestler who lost a match (and his championship) a little more than half a year ago because he wanted to showboat a little more instead of taking the pin when he could have?

4:30 - 5:00, Video 2 - Muta gives Hashimoto a knee to the groin and attempts to spit the mist. But, he missed and Hashimoto successfully executes the DDT he was just trying to go for a few second earlier. Muta kicks out, and rolls out of the ring. I wonder what he plans on doing out there?

5:40, Video 2 - Muta sneakily puts what looks like a shank in his right boot. Hashimoto should have been watching him!!!

6:01 - 6:10, Video 2 - Ah, Hashimoto went back into the ring to attack Muta like Muta similarly attacked him earlier in the match. If this were anyone else, I would have considered this a good move. But, with Muta, you need to not only watch out for yourself, but keep your eyes on him at all times.

6:18 - 6:30, Video 2 - Hashimoto tries to hit Muta with the chair that Muta brought into the ring, but, as he's about to come down with his swing, Muta hits him with the mist. Also, Muta gets a little up-close and personal with Hashimoto to give him a second helping. Well, Muta may be a cheating, slimy bastard, but he is quite discreet about it.

6:30 - 7:48, Video 2 - Muta goes in for the kill, and pins Hashimoto after going to the top rope four times in less than 90 seconds. While this is definitely a testament to Hashimoto's ability to "hang in there," it is also a testament to how quick Muta is.

In the end, not only do I think that this match shows that Muta could beat Samoa Joe, but I also think it shows exactly how Muta would go about beating Samoa Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back