Neidhart vs. Rougeau

• The Anvil

• The Mountie

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules from Pittsburgh, PA.

#23. Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart
quadro.jpg

vs.

#42. Jacque Rougeau
020Mountie.jpg

Go with Rougeau here. he and his brother are two of the most underrated wrestlers of all time. What has Neidhart ever done on his own? Absolutely nothing. What has Rougeau done on his own? This. This match is from April of 1997.

[youtube]MCuiTmhcusg[/youtube]

Honestly how is Jim Neidhart the 23 seed? He never did anything of note as a singles competitor. He was to the Hart Foundation what Stevie Ray was to Harlem Heat. Jacque Rougeau wasn't exactly anything to write home about either, but at least he was a credible singles competitor. He is a former intercontinental champion and he beat Bret Hart to get that title. Rogeau gets the win here.

I'm voting for Neidhart. He was impressive in the AWA, and that's why he was on my list. He's powerful, and is quicker than he's given credit for. He won't be diving off the ropes, but he'll be able to keep up with The Mountie at least. Neither man will go far, but this will at least be a good match.

Rougeau. Neidhart was solid, but nothing more than that really. I find a large portion of tag team wrestling from the 80s dull as dishwater, but I think that the Fabulous Rougeaus were an exception to that.

As The Mountie, he had a short but decent run, even beating Bret Hart, Neidhart's superior tag team partner. The Mountie was a much better singles competitor than Neidhart, and should go over here.

Im goin with Jacques too he is a very impressive athlete and he still wrestle in quebec,
anvil always been in bret's shadows and Jacques beaten bret from the Ic title. Jacques should win over Neidhart

I have to go with Rougeau in this match. Neidhart simply never has done anything for me. Sure, he was the power guy of the Hart Foundation, but Bret was the worker. Neidhart is strong as an ox, but maybe as smart as one too, by his own admission. Neidhart was a role player, and a good one, but incredibly meh as a singles worker.

Rougeau played a great character in the mountie, and was able to capture IC title gold. He maybe better as a tag wrestler, but he certainly accomplished more in singles then the Anvil.

Both were good tag team guys and neither were great singles stars. But Mountie won the IC title while Neidhart has won....nothing to my knowledge. Neidhart, while stronger, Mountie is better in the ring and this match is a snoozefest for me. But in the end Mountie gets the W, as he has accomplished something in the singles department.

This is one of those matches where I throw my arms up in the air and say "who really cares?". I voted for Rougeau because the Mountie was funny. The "Jailbird" match against Bossman had me cracking up when Mountie went to jail.

The Mountie making me laugh at being put in jail is greater than Neidhart has ever done.

I voted for the Mountie.

The Mountie FTW. All Neidhart ever did was pummel people, stroke his goatee, and laugh at set intervals. Although both of these men found great success in Tag Team competition, at least The Mountie had somewhat of a successful singles career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back