Tully Blanchard vs. Dino Bravo

• Horseman

• Canada's Strongest Man

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region from Pittsburgh, PA, under WWE Rules.

#18. Tully Blanchard
tully_blanchard.jpg

vs.

#47. Dino Bravo
bravo_frenchy.jpg

Bravo is one of those guys that is remembered as being great but never really did anything. He put on what might be the worst WM match I've ever seen with Ronnie Garvin and was regularly beaten up by Hulk Hogan. Blanchard isn't as great as people this he was, but he had one of the best matches I've ever seen with Magnum TA, so that's enough to go over here.

Tully is actually one of my dark horse backings, along side El Canek, Ludvig Borga, and my SHW's. I've always thought that Tully Blanchard was the greatest Horseman of all time, and his programs with Garvin and Magnum were legendary.

Dino was deliberate and boring. He's a true story of a guy whose career was inflated solely on the presence of steroids in his blood. He actually was once a slim, streamlined competitor with a future, until he became this Canadian Strongman. He was the result of a needle, and in contrast with other steroid abusers like Hogan and Steiner, Bravo was MADE by 'roids, where as many others were naturally talented and simply enhanced by them.

Tully Blanchard was one of the original "thinking man's wrestlers," and though he was the mid-card champion of the Horsemen, I still feel he was the best of the group.

Bravo and Blanchard weren't as great as everybody thinks they were but Blanchard's affliation with the Horseman and being more of a good wreslter than Bravo gives him the edge.

Bravo was an over-rated strongman, while Blanchard was an under-rated technician. Bravo may get the early edge with some power moves, but Blanchard will wear him down and end it at around 10 minutes.

Asides from having one of the most interesting wrestling deaths of all time, Dino Bravo contributed nothing noteworthy to the sport. He had Mark Henry's gimmick, but without the Olympic pedigree to back it up. His world record segment on the first Royal Rumbles is one of the most boring 15 minutes I have ever witnessed. Or it would have been had I not fast forwarded it after about 3 minutes.

Bravo was just dull, and nothing very entertaining at all. Blanchard on the other hand was great. He was capable of some fantastic matches, and was certainly a much better technical wrestler,than Bravo was a strong man. Blanchard may get hurt, wrongly, in later rounds because a lot of his notable work was in tag teams. Whatever, he wins this because Bravo is rubbish.

Dino Bravo means nothing to me. The guy was an incredible amount of meh wrapped into a strongman package. Frenchie Martin was probably one of the most boring managers of all time. Simply put, the only thing of note that Bravo did in his career was be the man that brought in the Canadian Earthquake.

Tully Blanchard on the other hand annoyed the shit out of me growing up. In hindsight though, that's exactly what he was supposed ot have been doing. Tully Blanchard is an annoying little prick that always hid behind numbers in the Horsemen, but was technically sound and mean enough to handle his own, and became a damn fine US champion. I take the guy that annoyed me over the guy that bored me

Blanchard would take this one. Bravo isn't anything special and I think Blanchard is pretty underrated and could cause some upsets later.

er yea, Dino bravo was fuckin laborious. Tully Blanchard was fucking amazing. These first round match ups are difficult to write on really, I mean there isnt much else to say but what the first line said. Tully Blanchard is a better pro wrestler in every feasable way.

Dino Bravo was a brilliant high flyer in the 70's I'll let you all know. Not only that bu he was probably the strongest high flyers ever. Forget the bloated, bored Dino Bravo from WWF in the 80's, he's not worth shit. Vote for the Bravo that I've seen. He's great I can assure you.

I'd find some videos if I didn't think I'd eb wasting my time.

Tully Blanchard was always my favorite Horsemen. This guy was great. He styled and profiled just as well as Ric Flair and worked the ring with damn near equal talent, as well. Tully remains sadly underrated and it's a shame.

Blanchard takes this one.

Meh, I always thought that Dino Bravo was just some Hulk that dusted himself up with talcum powder before he came out to the ring. On the other hand, I have always liked Tully Blanchard. I would argue that he was the second best Horsemen (right behind Ric Flair), as he was an excellent talker and wrestler. So, I'm going with Blanchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back