WWE Payback: World Heavyweight Championship - Roman Reigns (c) VS AJ Styles

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After defeating Sami Zayn tonight, the main event for Payback is set with Styles officially getting his WWE Championship bout against Roman Reigns.

As has been said in numerous discussions since last week, Styles has almost no chance of winning at Payback, but there's a strong possibility of him being highly elevated all the same by delivering a strong performance. If Reigns vs. Styles is a great match, then it'll cushion the blow of Styles not walking out as champion and I think that's really what everyone realistically is hoping for as I don't think anyone wants to see Styles booked to look like a complete schmuck in his first WWE Championship bout.

After defeating Sami Zayn tonight, the main event for Payback is set with Styles officially getting his WWE Championship bout against Roman Reigns.

As has been said in numerous discussions since last week, Styles has almost no chance of winning at Payback, but there's a strong possibility of him being highly elevated all the same by delivering a strong performance. If Reigns vs. Styles is a great match, then it'll cushion the blow of Styles not walking out as champion and I think that's really what everyone realistically is hoping for as I don't think anyone wants to see Styles booked to look like a complete schmuck in his first WWE Championship bout.

It should be Match of the Night. I just wonder what's the long term plans for this feud, if there's long term plans.

Does HHH return in time for his rematch against Reigns at Extreme Rules, does AJ get another shot at ER or does Reigns face somebody new like Jericho/Zayn/Owens?

Sweet, dude. I love Styles and, despite his numerous character flaws, I appreciate a good Reigns match.

Styles loses but he's headlining a PPV against WWE's golden boy and that's a bug deal. Both will step up and I would expect this to rival Reigns vs. Bryan as Reigns' best headline performance.

It's a great feat for a TNA grown lad to be main eventing a PPV this early in his tenure in WWE. As JH said, even if he would lose the match, he'll get elevated to the next Level. Seriously I'm invested on this PPV, with the possible matches heading to that. The main event won't be so overwhelmingly enjoyable, but it still will be entertaining enough.

On the other hand, if WWE had planned to turn AJ Styles a heel with the support from Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, to reunite the Bullet Club, I'm totally against it. It's just me fascinating about this could happen but it's unlikely.

What will happen~ Roman Reigns would defeat AJ Styles clean with the help of a spear. And the crowd will shoot more boos to Reigns for doing the aforementioned thing.

What I want to happen~ I am being mean here. An interference by Gallows and Anderson either to help or to screw AJ.

Leaving the whats aside, I am excited for this match considering the difference in wrestling styles of Reigns and AJ. Much like I was excited to watch Reigns Vs. Cesaro and it delivered too.

Expecting it to be the Ist Great match of Reigns.

I think we might see some sort of outside interference by Gallows and Anderson.Though Roman retains.No way his losing it this early.

Two great athletes who can put on a great match with just about anybody. Reigns has a few flaws but putting on great matches isn't one. This will definitely be MOTN. It's kinda crazy that when you look back 2 years ago, alot of us were worried that the guy couldn't do a singles match leading up to his match with Orton at SummerSlam. 2 years later some of us expect him to have the best match on almost any PPV card.

This will be a great match with a history making moment at the end. This one has people anticipating here. Who will turn heel? Who will win? Who will be revealed as the leader of #GB4Life ? Does Balor debut? This is basically The Guy of TNA,ROH,and New Japan Pro Wrestling vs. The Guy of WWE, and it's for the WWE Championship the richest prize in Sports Entertainment and Professional Wrestling History. This is a huge match up and I believe it will be a classic.

Should be a win-win situation for both parties. Styles will have his run in the main event, and hopefully it'll be a good match to boost Reigns' status as a world champion. Also, there's a chance this match is a sign of things to come for Styles' future in WWE, with WWE using Styles as the seasoned and reliable veteran to help put over young up-and-comers.

Maybe Styles will have one or two WWE WHC reigns under his belt, but I can't see it happening now. WWE put way too much time and effort into building up Reigns' storyline and his title win leading up to Wrestlemania 32, and another short reign won't don him any favors. WWE is not trying to hide the impending wave of interference expected in this match with Anderson and Gallows, so I'll say this one ends in a no contest or a DQ to set up the gimmick rematch at Extreme Rules.

This didn't boost Reigns at all imo. "make him look strong" is starting to provide us with garbage.. oh, you only hit reigns with 18 finishers.. that falls 15 short of the required amount to get a 3 count...

This was the best putting for either guy so far. I was impressed from bell to bell (skipping the mid-match bells)

I think that this is the best Roman Reigns' match ever till now. The last Reigns' match which impressed me was with Cesaro and Dean Ambrose.

The intensity shown by Reigns was impressive. The Phenomenal Forearm through the table was just spectacular. I disliked the finish though. It just took 1 finisher for Reigns to end AJ Styles. While AJ and his mates executed total 6 finishers on him and still AJ couldn't defeat Reigns. Thats the my only complaint with this match.

An amazing main event though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back