WWE Payback: The following contest is for the Vacant Intercontinental Championship!

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
With Daniel Bryan relinquishing the Intercontinental title, speculation started around that who's gonna be the Next Intercontinental Champion! But the real question is, will the contest be held on the PPV Payback?

Many of the IWC wants to see Adrian Neville to grab the title and feud with Sheamus or King Barrett, and the other half of the IWC wants Dolph Ziggler to win it. Just like it used to IWC's verdict is gonna be always in a bit of dilemma!

But personally I don't want to see Ziggler, Barrett, Sheamus and Neville matches over and over again as we've been seeing that from the Extreme Rules for evert week and every show mostly. Albeit I enjoy all the four and their matches.

So, what's it gonna be for the IC title? A Battle royal to determine the winner? Because a tournament for the IC title will be more or less the same like the King of the Ring Tournament.

Do you've any other special ideas for the IC title? Feel free to join this debate!

Cheers!!

Nope. Won't be at Payback.

It's already announced it's at the Elimination Chamber House Show Special.

So we need 6 guys in it. Cause it will be defended in the Chamber.

I'm thinking it's the same people that were in the King Of The Ring Bracket.

At first I thought perhaps the winners of Sheamus v Ziggler and Neville v Barratt would face each other in a 2nd match at Payback, but it's prettying definitely going to headline Elimination Chamber now.

Sheamus, Ziggler, Barrett, Neville, Stardust and R-Truth perhaps? Harper seems to be going down the tag team route and if reports are correct there will be a tag Chamber that night too, so I guess the Wyatts will be in that, and Ambrose had been 'promoted' at least temporarily from the IC 'division'. But IF those 6 are in the EC, R-Truth needs to stop losing to Stardust. 3 straight tv defeats to him since King of the Ring, whereas everyone else involved is trading wins.

Either way, should be a good match, and I'm glad the IC 'division' is getting a push recently with the ladder match at WM, the King of the Ring and now this

The smartest thing for 'E to do would be the put the IC title on Roman Reigns. If they truly want him to be the next 'face of the company', let him defend a championship for 6-9 months BEFORE they give him a world championship at Wrestlemania.

The smartest thing for 'E to do would be the put the IC title on Roman Reigns. If they truly want him to be the next 'face of the company', let him defend a championship for 6-9 months BEFORE they give him a world championship at Wrestlemania.

Removed from the context of current storylines, I think this makes sense.

BUT, Reigns is already waist deep in the World Title picture, and they seem determined to build him without a mid-card singles title push. Plus, at this point, wouldn't it amount to taking a crap on all the work the guys in the IC hunt have put in these past few months?

I know, I know. Ambrose was in the IC hunt and is now in the main event at Payback, but isn't it widely agreed he's just window dressing in that match?

This is an option I think that many people will disagree with but hear me out real quick --

My choice to have as the next Intercontinental Champion is the Mark Henry.

Heres my booking: You promote the match as the main event of the EC. Fill up five spots in the match with Ziggler, Barrett, Sheamus, Neville, Big Show and a monster heel Mark Henry.

In the match Henry goes full on beast mode and smashes Big Show and Ziggler through the pods. Neville eliminates Barrett and Sheamus eliminates Neville.

The final two men are Sheamus and Mark Henry who both slug it out until both men just cannot stand. The refs and doctors come and check on both men but in the end both men stand up and Sheamus goes for the Brouge kick but is caught in the WSM. Henry gets the win.

Post match both men shake hands and show mutual respect. On RAW Henry cuts a heel promo and out comes Sheamus. They end up forming an alliance of real men. This doesn't mean they are a tag team but they help each other in their matches and what not. They also can have matches where they just brutalize each other in a contest of the manliest man or something like that.

The end of this story would see an underdog like Neville or maybe even a returning a Daniel Bryan would take down the champ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back