• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Payback: House Of Horrors Match - Randy Orton VS Bray Wyatt

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
During his address of Finn Balor on Raw tonight, Bray Wyatt confirmed that his "House of Horrors" match with Randy Orton for the WWE Championship will happen at Payback.

I don't know what a "House of Horrors" match is but my first instinct is not to expect anything too brutal because this is WWE we're talking about here; this almost certainly won't be some sort of wild bloodbath in which both guys look like they've gone to war with each other. To be honest, in matches like this, I do think the wrestlers should blade because it's kind of difficult to get excited about a match that has "horrors" in its official name without a good deal of carnage, mayhem and physicality.

Orton pulls out the win here and what remains of Bray Wyatt's momentum is gone so it'll be back to square one with WWE featuring Wyatt going on about his dark powers, his connection with Sister Abigail and general proclamations that he's the baddest mother of 'em all while leaving out that he's lost to another older main eventer.

I do wonder if there is some slight chance that Bray wins back the World title at Payback, but before that, a suspiciously absent Brock Lesnar tonight makes me think the Beast Incarnate could well be somehow heading to SmackDown tomorrow night.

Of course, both are unlikely, but after seeing SD Live get absolutely gutted, one can only hope they get back some top talent as well.

I do wonder if there is some slight chance that Bray wins back the World title at Payback, but before that, a suspiciously absent Brock Lesnar tonight makes me think the Beast Incarnate could well be somehow heading to SmackDown tomorrow night.

Of course, both are unlikely, but after seeing SD Live get absolutely gutted, one can only hope they get back some top talent as well.

It was interesting how Owens didn't mention the Universal Championship at all when he called the US title the top title. Yeah, Bray winning it back makes a lot of sense. Putting Brock on SDL, makes it easy to hide his part time status. Him on SDL would makeup for losing Miz, Ambrose, etc.

The match at WrestleMania sucked the life out of this feud for me. The graphics were cool and all, but the match itself simply sucked. At least I thought it did. Definitely one of the worst matches of the night anyway. Point is, Orton winning didn't help that I don't think, and now that Bray is moving to Raw, are we supposed to believe that Bray could bring the title to Raw? I'm not so sure. Because if Brock does go to SmackDown and so takes the Universal Championship with him, does that even make any sense? The problem I have with these "trades" is that the general managers are supposedly giving away their biggest stars. Why would Raw not want Brock Lesnar? Why would SmackDown not want the guy that went into WrestleMania as their champion? Anyway, that's just an issue with the draft I guess.

You're right though. I don't have any idea what a House of Horror match entails. I hope they tell us at some point. I expect light effects and graphics like at WrestleMania, but perhaps a bit more theatrical. And I do expect Randy Orton to win, because then he will head back to SmackDown and I expect he will feud with AJ Styles. That's a fresh feud I would enjoy, but clearly Orton would NOT be getting the favourable reaction in that scenario.

What's worse is what happens to Bray Wyatt though. Okay, so he will be feuding with Finn Bálor. At least, that is what we are lead to assume, but maybe we will be expected to forget about that after Payback. But if Bray loses... well, when Bray loses, how are we all supposed to get behind the idea that he is a monster AGAIN?

Bray absolutely needs to win this match, but the reality seems that it isn't going to happen, and the WWE Championship will remain on SmackDown. One can only hope for a title switch to help Bray lead into Raw with serious momentum that he desperately means. Otherwise, this is yet another feud that Bray loses. And what makes it worse, the feud was all about HIS family.

So Bray is on RAW, Orton is on Smackdown and a Smackdown title match is taking place on a RAW show.

Nice move to cover up Lesnar's absence. But here's the deal. I don't see Lesnar going to Smackdown and I don't see Orton losing the belt. Which means that Bray enters RAW not only having just lost the title, but also having lost the opportunity to give RAW a world title. Which means that he enters with shattered momentum.

I guess.. After months and months of buildup and anticipation... Randy Orton finally got built up back again after that loss to Lesnar!

Bray Wyatt, jobber to the stars. An 80s heel still alive in modern day.

I haven't been interested in this feud since it began. I am not a fan of Bray though and never have been. His feuds and storylines are ridiculous, make no sense and the pay off is always him getting beat clean by the face and moving on to the next one without any mention at all and just "resetting". I skipped the match at WrestleMania entirely and from what I've read didn't miss a thing. I knew Orton would get the title back easily because that's how Bray rolls, but wow didn't think it would happen in a ten minute match where Orton just hits the RKO and casually goes for the cover making it seem like he just beat Jinder Mahal instead of anyone resembling a threat.

Wasn't the whole point of this story that Orton joined the Wyatt's because they kept kicking his ass? So he joins them for months, turns on them obviously, burns down Bray's house and I guess kills sister Abigail more than she was, makes Harper turn on the family because of him andddddd after Mania, Bray seems completely unaffected by the sister Abigail nonsense, Rowan is back laying Orton out on Smackdown...so aren't we at where we began months ago?

It's been confusing to say the least and I will be honest the moment all of this started happening I was just waiting for it be over. It wasn't interesting, we were waiting on Orton to turn on them for a while, They went like 4 weeks or so trolling us with what the WWE title match at Mania would be, then the payoff is Orton just beats him easily for the title. I have no idea what they have been trying to get at with Bray for the past 4 years or so now, but it obviously doesn't work every feud he's been in then we are left watching him restart while he says "THIS TIME FOR SURE IM GOING TO BE A BIG DEAL".

Hopefully WWE leaves the Hocus Pocus stuff out of this match and just has a great fight in some type of cage with weapons around.

as for the result, this is going to be a Randy Orton win and the only way i can see this being a great ending for the match is if the match is booed a little bit which leads to what i hope/want. a Randy Orton heel turn on the next smackdown. Randy Orton needs to be a heel since AJ Styles is turning face...i'd have Orton screw AJ out of the US title to set up the WWE Championship match up at Backlash. AJ Styles needs to be in the WWE title picture and hopefully, he'll eventually win it.

Hopefully WWE leaves the Hocus Pocus stuff out of this match and just has a great fight in some type of cage with weapons around.

IF what's been reported by the WON turns out to be accurate, then it looks like there MIGHT be some hocus pocus in store. According to the report, WWE officials haven't decided on what the match will be just yet and a Fan Council Survey was put out this week in order to gauge interest based on a list of elements in the match. The elements listed were:

* Cage
* "Sheeple"
* A match set outside the arena
* Darkness
* Mirrors
* Creepy/Scary
* Fire
* Projected images
* Music
* Pitch forks
* Fog
* Other
* Nothing different

The whole thing regarding mirrors and projected images definitely shouldn't be involved. Pitchforks are pretty stupid choices for weapons because there's no chance of them being used, for obvious reasons.

I think they'd be better off with some sort of enclosed cage structure that had a lot of weapons all over the place like chairs, kendo sticks, "lead pipes", "hammers" and that sort of thing. Maybe there could be a bucket with a lid on top that has worms or something in it that Wyatt could toss onto Orton; it'd get a pop from fans as it's creepy, off putting and can get into people's heads a bit. Ultimately, I think most fans will be more than satisfied if this is a really physical match and the simpler the better.

Can we all agree that the fact that bray got sent to raw pretty much means that bray's push as a main event champion is pretty much done for and that this is just a formality for orton.

This match would have been so much more interesting if wyatt didn't get moved because you would I've had the feeling that anything could happened and think maybe wyatt would have a chance of winning in his own match. Now it just feel like something orton as to go through and we will just be wanting for orton to beat wyatt
Which takes so much out of this match.

The thing is, there's no way that they would leave smackdown without a world title and with lesnar still on raw as universal champion, they won't switch the wwe championship to raw.

Can we all agree that the fact that bray got sent to raw pretty much means that bray's push as a main event champion is pretty much done for and that this is just a formality for orton.

This match would have been so much more interesting if wyatt didn't get moved because you would I've had the feeling that anything could happened and think maybe wyatt would have a chance of winning in his own match. Now it just feel like something orton as to go through and we will just be wanting for orton to beat wyatt
Which takes so much out of this match.

The thing is, there's no way that they would leave smackdown without a world title and with lesnar still on raw as universal champion, they won't switch the wwe championship to raw.
Yeah, I agree that this match is going to be a predictable one.

Considering this is Wyatt's special match, Bray Wyatt should win and regain the title. After all, this gimmick match is supposed to be one of the strengths of Wyatt. But since Bray Wyatt is gone to Raw, it's all but confirmed that Randy Orton will successfully defend his WWE Championship.

Hope that it isn't dragged like Ambrose's Asylum match. Also, that it isn't like their Wrestlemania 33 match. Very low expectations from this match. This feud was my favorite one until the Wrestlemania match happened. Sadly, it ain't anymore. :disappointed:

Right forgive me for seeming stupid, but why in heaven's name is the SD championship belt being decided on a RAW PPV? Is it because Lesnar has gone back to his farm in Saskatchewan and can't be arsed to show up again?

I realize that Bray most likely has a rematch clause but now that he's on RAW wouldn't that go away? If he does win and takes the belt to RAW to replace the missing Lesnar that would screw SD over big time.

Biggest problem with these drafts, trades, shake ups whatever you want to call them, is either to stop story lines in their tracks or move everyone involved over to the other brand. Oh and if Wyatt loses this one feel sorry for the guy. Don't know how he's going to navigate his way around the RAW roster, way too many big names in his path to the title there.

Right forgive me for seeming stupid, but why in heaven's name is the SD championship belt being decided on a RAW PPV? Is it because Lesnar has gone back to his farm in Saskatchewan and can't be arsed to show up again?

I realize that Bray most likely has a rematch clause but now that he's on RAW wouldn't that go away? If he does win and takes the belt to RAW to replace the missing Lesnar that would screw SD over big time.

Biggest problem with these drafts, trades, shake ups whatever you want to call them, is either to stop story lines in their tracks or move everyone involved over to the other brand. Oh and if Wyatt loses this one feel sorry for the guy. Don't know how he's going to navigate his way around the RAW roster, way too many big names in his path to the title there.

I think just like the jericho vs owens match, it was made before the ppv and the superstar shake up change everything. If they didn't have move wyatt to raw, I think that match would have been put on the next smackdown ppv instead but because they already had set up this match prior to the shakeup, they fell like they had to deliver on it and since wyatt is a raw guy, they decided to do the blow off at payback instead.

I think just like the jericho vs owens match, it was made before the ppv and the superstar shake up change everything. If they didn't have move wyatt to raw, I think that match would have been put on the next smackdown ppv instead but because they already had set up this match prior to the shakeup, they fell like they had to deliver on it and since wyatt is a raw guy, they decided to do the blow off at payback instead.
I read a report saying that moving Wyatt to Raw was a last minute decision. AJ Styles was supposed to be going to Raw but at last minute, Bray Wyatt was moved. If Raw got AJ Styles, Smackdown would've got Roman Reigns which would them require Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar on Smackdown as well to continue the feud. That's why Wyatt was moved and thus, House Of Horrors match gets moved to Payback instead of Backlash. It confirmed Bray Wyatt's loss which we'll were pretty sure about.

You know what I find stupid. The fact that they will say that this is being defended on a raw paper view because Lesnar isn't there. Then they won't even have this match main event the paperview because you know Reigns vs strowman is. So why are you having a world title match again. Oh yeah cause raw needs to look good.

I'm sure I read that this will now be an non title bout. So it doesn't matter who wins the title will stay with Orton on the Smackdown Live brand.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/830...nsuke-nakamura-house-of-horrors-update-videos

Now the whole thing seems even more dumb than before as they have already got a number one contender to face Orton at the next SD Live PPV.
I myself didn't like it first.

But making this a non-title match means that Bray Wyatt can win the match and the belt also stays on Randy Orton. We all knew that Bray Wyatt won't regain the title. It was almost confirmed after the shake-up. But Bray Wyatt is challenging Randy Orton in his own special "House Of Horrors" match and he needs this win. Two birds with one stone, I guess.

I honnestky despair at WWE some times. What is the actual point of this match now?

I've argued on here before about WWE being close but missing one key ingredient: logic. And this is as big a logic flaw as you will find.

Irrespective of brand, originally, Bray Wyatt challenges Randy Orton in his contractually obligated WWE Title rematch - LOGICAL
But now, Bray Wyatt faces Randy Orton in a House of Horrors match (which excites NOBODY as they haven't told us what it is yet) which has been made NON-TITLE. Let's establish just why this defies logic:

(a) it cheapens the WWE Title, and makes the title superfluous to the feud. Wyatt has now clearly lost all interest in the title, hugely demeaning the fact he ever won it
(b) Orton now goes into a presumably dangerous situation for no understandable reason - he has taken Bray's title, destroyed his 'Family' and compound, and really has no discernible reason left to take on Bray. Furthermore, now it isn't for the title - the only reason for making this match, logically - Orton is effectively putting himself in danger just two weeks before he is actually defending his title against Jinder Mahal at Backlash. Logically, WHY would Orton risk this match?

Quite frankly it is unbelievable that WWE saw fit to remove the championship aspect from this one, once again proving that, where Bray Wyatt is concerned, they really don't know what they are doing

I honnestky despair at WWE some times. What is the actual point of this match now?

I've argued on here before about WWE being close but missing one key ingredient: logic. And this is as big a logic flaw as you will find.

Irrespective of brand, originally, Bray Wyatt challenges Randy Orton in his contractually obligated WWE Title rematch - LOGICAL
But now, Bray Wyatt faces Randy Orton in a House of Horrors match (which excites NOBODY as they haven't told us what it is yet) which has been made NON-TITLE. Let's establish just why this defies logic:

(a) it cheapens the WWE Title, and makes the title superfluous to the feud. Wyatt has now clearly lost all interest in the title, hugely demeaning the fact he ever won it
(b) Orton now goes into a presumably dangerous situation for no understandable reason - he has taken Bray's title, destroyed his 'Family' and compound, and really has no discernible reason left to take on Bray. Furthermore, now it isn't for the title - the only reason for making this match, logically - Orton is effectively putting himself in danger just two weeks before he is actually defending his title against Jinder Mahal at Backlash. Logically, WHY would Orton risk this match?

Quite frankly it is unbelievable that WWE saw fit to remove the championship aspect from this one, once again proving that, where Bray Wyatt is concerned, they really don't know what they are doing

I completely agree with you here. It's one thing if Bray Wyatt stayed on Smackdown and they were going to continue the feud. Since he's on RAW now, why should we really care about this match? We don't know what it is but it's some sort of no DQ match with weapons and such, I'm sure. WWE had Bray Wyatt lose to Orton at Wrestlemania, so what's the point of having Wyatt win this? To me there isn't a point. So that means title or non-title, Orton is winning. From a kayfabe standpoint, what in the hell would be the point of Orton even agreeing to this match? It's not a rematch for the WWE title, so I dunno, it just seems really stupid to me.

We've learned a little more about this match over the course of the past few weeks though there's still a lot of speculation. Based on some of the tidbits Wyatt has given coupled with some of what JBL said on Talking Smack last night, this match is going to have a Boiler Room Brawl sort of feel to it. It'll start somewhere other than the ring, in whatever the "House" setting is supposed to be, they'll beat the piss out of each other from there through the arena and out to the ringside area where I'm guessing they have to pin or make the other submit in the ring itself to win the match. The more I think about it, the more I think this will be something that comes across as sounding really good on paper but the execution will leave a lot to be desired, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Also, it seems that this match is no longer for the WWE Championship as it's certainly not being advertised on WWE television as being for the strap. The Superstar Shakeup has made the Payback ppv a bit of a mess in terms of booking the main event and mid-card singles matches but this match no longer being for the title improves Wyatt's odds, somewhat, of winning on Sunday. I still think Orton walks out the winner and moves onto a feud with Rusev for the title while WWE hits the reset button once again with Wyatt on Raw with a feud against Finn Balor.

When was this changed to not being a WWE Championship match and why did that happen?

EDIT: I'd also like to say that Mahal will most likely cost Orton this one and the reason the match was changed was because WWE wanted to give Wyatt a win. But still. Dumb decision. They could at least have held a rematch sometime someplace...

When was this changed to not being a WWE Championship match and why did that happen?

EDIT: I'd also like to say that Mahal will most likely cost Orton this one and the reason the match was changed was because WWE wanted to give Wyatt a win. But still. Dumb decision. They could at least have held a rematch sometime someplace...

It was reported over a week ago this would be a non title match. Why did it happen? Well I'm assuming if it was for the title an Orton win would pretty much be guaranteed, as RAW can't have both titles on their show. So now that they took the title off the table, Wyatt can win and not cost Orton anything.

I have just realised Bray won't get the mandatory rematch for his championship. I guess his character doesn't really care for the belt but why wouldn't he demand it to be a title match? Regardless I'm still super annoyed about the fact that Bray isn't champion anymore. Dude doesn't even get a chance with anything and is more interesting than 99.9% of the roster, everyone agrees on that. I also don't like the fact that this isn't a title match, despite it meaning Bray is orettt much guaranteed to win. What was the point of even taking Bray off SD? I'm gritting off topic. Assuming it's somewhat similar to their match at WM but with some weapons involved, I don't care for this match: like Ambroses match last year, I doubt it sticks around for more than just this one match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back