WWE New York, Round 2, Match 3: #5 Randy Orton vs. #37 Brutus Beefcake

Orton vs. Beefcake

• RKO

• Barber Shop

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under WWE Rules, from Long Island, NY.

#5. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton
34356.jpg

vs.

#37. Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
brutus-the-barber-beefcake-wwf.jpg

Orton. Beefcake was solid but he's the kind of guy that Orton got famous for beating up. The sleeper simply won't be effective on a main event heel like Randy. Simply will not put him down. This is going to go something like this: Beefcake beats on him, Orton bails, Beefcake beats on him, Orton bails, Beefcake does something stupid, Orton locks on a chinlock, Beefcake comes back, messes up, RKO.

Exactly. Orton made a career on beating guys who were a big deal 20 years ago, but not that much of a big deal. Beefcake fits this role perfectly, and he will end up getting RKO'd after putting up a good fight here. Orton wins.

They don't call him the legend killer for nothing. Randy has the better look, is better in the ring and on the mic, and his accomplishments far outweigh those of Brutus Beefcake. The Barber was fun back in the day, but Randy's the man and would definitely win this match.

Beefcake is completely overrated. He had a good look and a good body, but I honestly can't really recall one memorable angle, storyline or match that he was involved in. Beefcake was one of Hulk Hogan's flunkies, it's just simply how it is. Beefcake's WWF Tag Team Championship win with Greg Valentine back in the mid 80s was the highlight of his career.

Orton accomplished more within his first year or so in the WWE than Beefcake accomplished in an entire 30 year career. Orton holds wins over John Cena, Triple H, the Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a HUGE fan of Orton but the guy's impressive. He's not even 30 years old and he's a 3 time World Champion. Orton takes this in 5 minutes or less.

I think the difference here is that Beefcake put his opponents to sleep with his sleeper hld. A Randy Orton chin lock does nothing but bore the crowd. Beefcake wins with ease.

Beefcake was basically a powerhouse, without the build. Orton has made his career feuding with guys like Triple H and Batista, and that sets him up for the win here. It'd be a hell of a match. But this ends with an RKO.

Also, to counter Jake's point, why would Beefcake use the sleeper hold? It's not like there's any hair on Orton to cut.

Orton easy. Beefcake was average, and was powerful. Orton's beat Triple H who's more powerful than Beefcake. Beefcake was also the same type of legend Orton has made a career out of beating up. Orton wins this with a fast RKO.

Beefcake was basically a powerhouse, without the build.

He might not have been as ripped as The Ultimate Warrior, but he was very strong. Look how similar his physique is to Hogans.

Orton has made his career feuding with guys like Triple H and Batista, and that sets him up for the win here.

Pretty sure he loses to them as well. Has he ever defeated Triple H in a regular singles match?

Also, to counter Jake's point, why would Beefcake use the sleeper hold? It's not like there's any hair on Orton to cut.

Why does Orton apply a chin lock when the fans are bored already?

He might not have been as ripped as The Ultimate Warrior, but he was very strong.

His muscles werent the only ripped thing. Have you seen some photos with a shot of some of his pants. I get it, cutting things up is your thing, but your tights? I shouldnt ever see a wrestlers hip and ass area. Just bad. God thats nightmares. And people complain about Big Daddy V's boobs. LUXURY!

Orton is blinded by this obscene show of skin and is rolled up for a quick win.

Orton takes this one with ease. Brutus was damn entertaining, but he's no match for the cunning of Orton. I actually picture Orton countering the sleeper into an RKO...

Orton sucks, but he's better then Beefcake. Beefcake uses the sleeper hold to put his opponent to sleep, while Orton's matches tend to put the crowd to sleep. The kid, I was sold on him, but he's recently shown once again that's he's not that good, certainly not as good as his fan base makes him out to be. Beefcake was fun, and Beefcake was better then Benjamin, but Orton is simply more accomplished. It's all for not, because Orton goes home in roudn 3.

I'd agree Orton wins, but people saying he "made a career out of beating guys like this" are wrong - Beefcake would be in his prime here, not a semi retired/retired guy like Foley or Dusty Dhodes.

First of all, it's pretty kick ass that Beefcake made it through the first round. Truth be told, he was my favorite wrestler from the time I was 4 until the Undertaker walked into my life at age 10. So I guess I have a soft spot for ol' Brutus. However, he is up against Randy Orton in this match. There is just no way to possibly justify Beefcake squeeking out a victory here.

Orton wins in a squash.

Randy Orton would plug the booty man in his headlock of doom. he'd then hit the RKO and get the victory over the beefcake named brutus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back