WWE New York, Round 2, Match 2: #13 Rick Rude vs. #20 Bruiser Brody

Rude vs. Brody

• Ravishing

• Bruiser

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under basic WWE Rules, from Long Island, NY.

#13. Ravishing Rick Rude
RickRude.jpg

vs.

#20. Bruiser Brody
05.jpg

While Rude is by far the more famous, he's nowhere near as influential or perhaps even as good as Brody was. Brody is the grandfather of what we today call Hardcore wrestling. He was a true journeyman and because of this he's not well known at all. However, I have to go with him just based on the influence that he had on the sport. Rude was great, but Brody was a legend.

Bruiser Brody is undoubtedly one of the biggest ********s in the history of pro wrestling. That doesn't affect the outcome of the match, but it did affect Brody's career. He could have been a huge draw in the WWF, NWA or AWA, but instead he decided to be an ******** and be a travelling wrestler, raising the ire of his co-competitors there, which meant he was never a big champion.

He won a lot of brass knuckle championships, the forefathers of hardcore champions, and a few midcard championships. Rude may never have been a true world champion, but he was supposed to be, only NWA-WCW politics stopped him, and he held WCW's replacement. He is also one of three people to have beaten the Warrior in his prime, a feat that cannot be matched by anything Brody has done. Rude was one of the most over heels in a boom period for wrestling and he beat a lot of big names at this time, Brody was a travelling brawler, Rude wins this but Brody does give him a pasting first.

Bruiser Brody was pretty awesome, but the guy was no Rick Rude. Rude's one of the greatest heels of all time as far as I'm concerned and there's no way Brody would be able to pull his shit against someone the likes of Rick Rude. I'm sure as far as strength and toughness is concerned, Rude has Brody matched. There's no doubt in my mind about that. And he definitely has Brody beat in the speed and brains department.

Brody's a legend in some aspects and he does have my respect, but my vote goes to Rick Rude. I think Rude would've beaten Brody in the WWF for one, and for two... I feel Rude was simply better then the guy.

As much as I like Rick Rude, I can't give him the win over Brody. There was never anything pretty or fancy about Brody, he was a legitimate badass in the business that took nothing from anybody he didn't want to take it from. Rude would give him a pretty good going over I think, he'd do pretty good against Brody but Brody was simply too big, too strong and too tough for Rude to go at it alone.

I don't know the specifics exactly, but I do know that Brody defeated Rude for the WCCW Television Championship while they were both in World Class. Brody definitely has what it takes to get past Rude. I don't think he'll get the votes to move on in this round, but Brody could stomp Rude's ass and make him like it.

Rick Rude was an asshole in the ring. Bruiser was an asshole everywhere. I think Rude is the better wrestler, and will have the edge for most of the match. He'll make the mistake of showboating, sending Brody into a blind fury, and he'll nearly get killed by it.

Bruiser Brody wins, but not because I like him. He wins because he's a fucking madman.

Bruiser Brody wins, but not because I like him. He wins because he's a fucking madman.

I think madmen are prone to losing it. And losing, via DQ.

Rude has faced madmen before, he's won and lost to them. But he's always been smarter. Same here. He could beat him on skill but it's also just as likely that Brody would eliminate himself from this thing.

I went with Rude. Rude is a fine fine wrestler, and he was used by the WWE to wrestle a hack like the Warrior and make him look good. If Rude can make the Warrior look like a million bucks, then he easily does the same here. Rude is a former world champion, controversial statement yes, but I believe he is, and one of the best IC champs I ever watched. I've never been one to by into the hype of Brody. I just really have never understood the appeal of the man. He's notoriously stiff, and just bounced around from territory to territory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back