Brody vs. Wahoo

• Bruiser

• McDaniel

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules from Long Island, NY.

#20. Bruiser Brody
bruiserbrody1988.jpg

vs.

#45. Wahoo McDaniel
Mystery10-07-03.jpg

This would be one of the damdest fights of all time. Both of these guys were great brawlers and power guys. I'd love to see this war and I think it would go to Wahoo, simply because he had more mainstream success. However, Brody is one of the greatest journeymen of all time. I'm voting Wahoo, but I won't argue against Brody.

Brody was hardcore as hardcore can come and he will perform great against McDaniel. I just believe McDaniel is better than Brody overall and he will show that to beat Brody.

Both men were excellent brawlers and each had fairly similar successes in terms of championships. That being said, Wahoo had more mainstream success, and as it is so close, I'm partly going with him because I prefer his work ethic. I have seen matches where Brody just refuses to sell or fight. There was a cage match with Luger, and Luger gets so pissed off he just climbs out of the cage and walks off. I think McDaniel would pick up the win here, because he'd be more willing to try and win.

I'm going with Wahoo. This is a very even match-up, so it came down to who do I like more, and that would be Wahoo. He worked matches better, and was an overall better man.

My only argument I can make for him over Brody, as far as in the ring, is that Wahoo "hulked up" before Hulk Hogan even stepped in the ring. He'd get hit, and then start his dance around the ring, shaking off blow after blow, and then he'd return with a huge chop, and crowds would go insane. Like KB said though, I won't argue against Brody, but my vote goes to McDaniel.

Bruiser Brody would whip McDaniel's ass, plain and simple. The only way Brody would lose this is by disqualification.

Personally, I have never seen the appeal of McDaniel. He's all right. It seems that most people like him just because Ric Flair idolized him so much, and he was a legit "tough guy." Honestly, I get tired of hearing this malarkey, as this is not a street fight. Rather, it is a wrestling match.

Also, Brody didn't have to sell if he didn't want to. He really only wrestled in Japan, Puerto Rico, and Texas, three places where his popularity was downright astounding.

He really only wrestled in Japan, Puerto Rico, and Texas, three places where his popularity was downright astounding.

And, this match is in New York. He won't be popular, and certainly won't have any part of the crowd behind him with McDaniel in the ring with him. His no-selling is negated by McDaniel "hulking up" and no selling half of Brody's offense as well.

And, this match is in New York. He won't be popular, and certainly won't have any part of the crowd behind him with McDaniel in the ring with him. His no-selling is negated by McDaniel "hulking up" and no selling half of Brody's offense as well.

Good point on Brody not being in his element. But, this is a region where Mick Foley is the top-seeded wrestler. And, whether or not Foley wants to admit it, Brody was one of his most important influences, as he was for almost every hardcore wrestler of Foley's generation. If this took place in the southeast or the northern mid-west, McDaniel might have a shot. But, this is in New York, one of the smarkiest venues in the world. Who do they want to see win? A badass with wild, frizzy hair and a chain around his neck, or a southern wrestling mainstay who's 50 pounds too heavy to be a part of The Village People?

In many ways, this is a very eve match. Both men were legitimately tough and wre huge draws no matter where they worked. Brody did work in the WWWF for a while but had a dispute with Vince Sr. over pay, though Brody always had an issue regarding pay with almost every promoter he worked for. The truth is, Brody was a bit of an asshole, but he knew he was a major draw and never let the promoters forget it.

Both were excellent brawlers and, no matter what, this match would devolve into an old fashioned street fight no matter what the ref tried to do. That being the case, I have to give it to Brody. Brody was younger, bigger and stronger; and I think those qualities will ultimately give him the match. Brody takes it, though not by much. Wahoo would give him all he could handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back