WWE Miami, Round 2, Match 2: #14 Arn Anderson vs. #19 Ron Simmons

Anderson vs. Simmons

• Four Horsemen

• Nation of Domination

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place int he WWE Region, under WWE Rules, from Miami, Fl.

#14. "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
arnanderson25a.jpg

vs.

#19. Ron Simmons
Ron_Simmons.jpg

Holy crap this would be a match I would pay to see. Simmons in his day was the king of the midcard yet he was somehow the world champion. Anderson is one of the best guys to not win a world title, but he wouldn't have been a good champion in my mind. At the end of the day, I have to go with AA. The guy did his thing as well as anyone ever did. His promos are perfect every time and his resume speaks for itself. This would be a classic, but I'm going with Anderson.

The biggest accomplishment Arn Anderson has had is winning the TV title a few times. Ron Simmons is a former world champion. He beat Big Van Vader in his prime. Simmons is too powerful for Anderson and he gets the win here.

Arn Anderson is as underrated as they come in professional wrestling. Ron Simmons benefited from Ric Flair not being in WCW. Double-A has more than likely already fought Farroq on more than one occasion during their days in WCW and I'd pick the Spinebuster and DDT over the Dominator.

Double-A moves on, but not after a hellvua battle with Big Ron.

Arn Anderson is too smart for Ron Simmons. He would find a way to win, without a doubt. Simmons was strong and could definitely hold his own, but at the end of the day... Arn Anderson is just too intelligent and crafty for Simmons to get past him. Plus, he has the backing of the Four Horsemen just in case.

Arn Anderson takes this.

This would be a pretty interesting match up. Arn Anderson is underrated in a lot of ways and is typically only thought of as a tag team wrestler. It's true that, to my knowledge, the only singles title he won over the course of his career were the NWA and WCW World Television Championships, though they were the same title technically speaking. Anderson gave great interviews and had some very entertaining matches.

To me, Ron Simmons was a good worker but he wasn't a great worker. The guy was never all that great on the mic but he was a real powerhouse in the ring. Much of Simmons success, like Anderson, also came in the tag team ranks though he did win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.

This would be very close in my opinion. Anderson isn't as strong as Simmons, but he's a better overall wrestler. I really don't think Anderson's best move, the spinebuster, would be enough to put Simmons down. I think, in the end, Anderson would take it however with a nice roll up while using the tights or ropes for leverage.

I have to give the slight edge to Anderson. I think that he demonstrated more stability in the long term as a great competitor in the singles ranks than Simmons did.

Ron Simmons is probably the worst pre 1998 World Champion ever. He was in the right place at the right time, and that was that. He has a slight power advantage on Anderson and the Horsemen would be neutralised by the Nation, but Anderson is smarter than Faarooq and probably faster too. Simmons would get the early offence in, but he'd make a mistake and Anderson would win this one decisevly once he did.

Like KB said, I'd pay to see this match. At almost any point in either of their careers, this would be a damn fine match-up.

Anderson has the technical advantage, but Simmons has the edge in power. I think this match starts off on the mat, but turns into a slugfest that Simmons dominates. Anderson can brawl, but not like Ron.

This match is a dipsy doo slamaroo. These two would be the crap out of each other. Anderson has the brains and Simmons has the power. This match would be as close as they get. I'm gonna use my vote for AA. I think Simmons powers his way through the match, but takes a little too much time and turns right into a spinebuster, giving double A the W.

Ron Simmons defeated Vader in his prime and was a WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Arn Anderson is a legend in the sport and is highly underrated, but he was never world heavy weight material. You could argue that Simmons wasn't really world heavy weight material either, but you can't change history. You can't take away his accomplishments. Ron Simmons wins this match with his brute strength and stiff wrestling style.

I went with Ron Simmons. Essentially, the championship is what tilted it for me. Yes, Ron got the inevitable first black champion blast, and y es, he did it after guys like Flair had left the company, but it was still more then anything that Anderson ever accomplished as a singles wrestler. Yes, Anderson is semi-under rated, but he can't beat ron simmons in a one on one match. It's basically a push, with Anderson having the edge in technicality, but the raw Power of Simmons is enough to sway it in his favor for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back