Perfect vs. Koloff

• Mr. Perfect

• The Nightmare

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE rules from Miami, FL.

#6. "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
0626_mr_perfect_full.jpg

vs.

#59. "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff
300_159166.jpg

I'm going to give the edge to Mr. Perfect here, but in a much closer match than most people would guess. Koloff is a toughguy, and would try to keep the macth as simple as punches and kicks. Mr. Perfect is too smart for that, and would turn it into a mat-based match, where it'll be over quickly.

If Hennig had any issues, he'd have Heenan on the outside to distract the ref, or to get in some cheap shots while he distracted the ref himself.

Curt Henning loses. His career was really unspectacular. Great gimmick, but his initial WWE run was about as long as Mr. Kennedy has gone in WWE without injury. Overrated to hell. Other than a brilliant match with Bret Hart and his return at Survivor Series, his WWE in ring highlights are few and far between. Always solid, but hardly memorable. Never beat anybody stronger than him either.

Unlike Koloff. I'll go into how great he is later.

This would be a very interesting match. Koloff never did anything in WWE, literally, but I think the Sickle is too much for Curt. For those of you that don't know, it's the original clothesline from hell. Always a solid move and it sends the Russian to round 2.

I fully expect Curt Henning to move on here. He receives much more love than he should from the IWC. All you ever hear when his name is mentioned is how he should have been World Champion. Sorry to burst your bubble, but he shouldn't have. What did Mr. Perfect ever accomplish? He was an intercontinental champion, but so was Santino Marella. All that he ever did was lose to Bret Hart. Nikita Koloff is stronger than Henning, and he should go over. He was no slouch, nor was he stupid. Clothesline ends this one.

Tough one but I'm going to go with Koloff. He was as tough as they come and while Hennig is great, he never really did anything in the WWE. His clothesline would knock you out and he will use that to beat Hennig.

It's interesting to see that people are going with Koloff. I think they're probably right to, too.

Mr Perfect high point was holding the Intercontinental title, but Volkoff held a range of titles in JCP too, when it was the second biggest promotion. Volkoff would have been a world champion too in all likelihood, had Magnum TA not had his accident.

Mr. Perfect went unbeaten for a long time, but he didn't really beat anybody that significant during his entire reign. He was good to watch, but he wouldn't be winning this one here I don't think. Koloff wins this one.

This one is tough for me. I absolutely love Mr. Perfect, but Koloff was a bad ass back in the day. The guy was Raw Power personified. However, i think Perfect is about as technically sound as they come. The guy was the all around package, and was the longest reigning IC champion of the 90's. Also, as much as I don't like the AWA, the man is a former AWA world champion, nothing to scoff at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back