Anderson vs. Fujinami

• Double A

• Fujinami

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region under WWE Rules from Miami, Fl.

#14. "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
arnanderson25a.jpg

vs.

#51. Tatsumi Fujinami
fujinami3mw6.jpg

There's no denying that Fujinami is an innovator. He's done a lot for Japanese wrestling (although not on the level of Inoki or Rikidozan), but he's made a name for himself. Arn Anderson however, is just as good, and would be able to mat-wrestle with him all night.

Neither man has a size advantage, and neither man really has an edge in techincal abilities, but I'll give the win to The Enforcer because of his toughness. He'll be able to take whatever Fujinami gives him, and still dish it back. I don't think Tatsunami can re-gain leverage if Anderson gets on a roll and lands some haymakers.

So we've got a legendary Japanese wrestler who's been a major innovator and had six separate IWGP heavyweight championship reigns and holds major victoires over such names as Ric Flair, Inoki and Dynamite Kid... against an American tag team wrestler who never really won anything of note.

I literally cannot wait to see if anybody tried to come up with a paper thin justification to vote for the local boy.

Fujinami has had huge success and both a technical heavyweight, and a catch style junior heavyweight. He's arguably the most versatile performer in New Japan's history. He was voted the best technical wrestler in the world by WON (before it was shit) three times. The best Anderson ever got was a best on interviews award.

Fujinami is unquestionably a better technical wrestler, yet gives up nothing in power. He was able to get in plenty of offence against Vader, so Anderson is not going to provide a problem.

Double A is remembered for being part of an amazing double act, and for being associated with Ric Flair. As a stand alone competitor, he doesn't even come close to matching Fujinami.

Very easy win for the Japanese legend.

I love Arn Anderson, but he doesn't stand a chance here. Anderson could talk as well if not better than anyone ever, but Ric Flair lost to Fujinami for the title at one point. If Flair couldn't beat him (at first since Flair won the rematch) there's no way Anderson could do it either. Really a one sided match here as I'm sad to see AA leave.

Fujanimi and Anderson were equal in terms of power and technical wrestling but Anderson wasn't remembered as a great singles wrestler unlike Fujinami. I don't think the WWE advantage will help Anderson much as Fujinami picks up the win.

Fujinami. The selection of Japanese wrestlers in this tournament has been of an excellent standard, and this is no exception. Fujinami is one of a select few wrestlers that has acheived something in all three of the major wrestling markets and style.

Neither man gives the other anything in the weight department, but Anderson is technically inferior to Funjinami by quite some margin, and his singles career is certainly less notable. Fujinami wins a back and forth match up here.

Double A is a favorite of mine, but I know he doesn't stand a chance here. Double A is a career tag team wrestler, and then being the guy that was always in Ric Flair's shadow, that's it. The guy had a decent run with the WCW TV title, but I can't think of anything he did amazing as a singles wrestler.

Fujinami is a great Japanese wrestler, and I think a former six time world champion. (Again, I'm no expert on Japanese wrestling, so If I'm inaccurate, let me know). He's a strong style wrestler that would complete match up with anything Arn could throw at him.

I'm surprised this match is so close. I figured people would be strongly be behind either side, and we'd have a clear cut winner. Ron Simmons against the winner here should be a great match-up, but I don't think any of them are getting past Rocky.

I am stunned at the fact that Anderson is winning this. If memory serves me correct, I was the only person to put Fujinami on their list. And, this is not without reason. Fujinami is by no means a flashy wrestler, but he is nonetheless one of the most important wrestlers to ever come from Japan. Not only did he innovate (without Fujinami, you wouldn't have either the Dragon Suplex or the Dragon Sleeper), but this man was able to easily transition between the cruiserweight and heavyweight ranks and have great matches with men of all shapes and sizes. Furthermore, he was one of Inoki's deputies when Inoki founded NJPW in the early 70s.

On the other hand, you have Arn Anderson, a decent wrestler who never got the chance to come out from the shadow of Ric Flair. Now, don't get me wrong. Anderson seems like a nice and humble guy, and he probably should have been given a run with a World Heavyweight Championship at some point in his career. Furthermore, he was an excellent tactician, as he was very methodical in how he worked one part of his opponent's body throughout the whole of a match to wear them down. And, this usually worked to his advantage and made for some good wrestling.

But, this is just an instance where Anderson is just flat out beaten. This has nothing to do with Anderson; it's just that Fujinami is that damn good. So, if you couldn't already tell, Fujinami FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back