WWE Internet Championship a shot?

911 JP

Love the sig!
Firstly I post this thread in this section because I dont really know if it is a legit descussion for the Non Spam sections but I digress.

Remember back a few months? TNA and alot of the IWC were thinking that WWE created a new rule to stop the use of the word 'Wrestling' on its brands / TV. Well then TNA changed its name to Impact Wrestling with the slogan 'Wrestling Matters'. Many believed that this was a shot at the WWE and using a new marketability.

Well now a while back Eric Bischoff ststaed in an interview I believe that the IWC is only a 10% of what the audience of professional wrestling is therefore what they think / want is really irrelevant. Now When Zack Ryder created the Internet Championship to get over on his show the WWE started refering to it opn TV, Superstars and what not. They even had a small promo on Raw which saw Ryder doing his show with the internet championship, and Cena walking past.

What i am asking is the WWE refering to the Internet Championship as a shot at what Bischoff said? This would be very similar to what TNA did with the WWE with the word wrestling.

No it wasn't... However I've been thinking that with that crap of Twitters and Youtube shows the 10% are growing!

The use of the internet is already a major facet of both TNA and the WWE. You want to know how much? Well, take away WWE Shop and see the effects.

Reactions: .
The use of the internet is already a major facet of both TNA and the WWE. You want to know how much? Well, take away WWE Shop and see the effects.

Dave your new sig looks awesome, did you do it?
Well, IWC is growing up, however I don't think that is such a good idea.

No it wasn't... However I've been thinking that with that crap of Twitters and Youtube shows the 10% are growing!

Thats what I mean, does wwe try to appeal more to the IWC, seeing with the Internet championship, twitter, youtube, and maybe in the back of their minds they thought they will capitalize on whta Bischoff said. I dont know though, maybe I am thinking too much into this.

Thats what I mean, does wwe try to appeal more to the IWC, seeing with the Internet championship, twitter, youtube, and maybe in the back of their minds they thought they will capitalize on whta Bischoff said. I dont know though, maybe I am thinking too much into this.

I hope they don't do that, or Zack Ryder is going to be WWE Champion sooner than later.
Oh Cena & Orton would much like end in the unemployment line just because they are main eventers longer than 2 months (see an IWC shot and I'm part of them xD)

Yea but there is a difference between appealing to and letting take control, But WWE have always played to the IWC with WWE.com and Cyber Sunday and what not, I just believe refering to the internet championship may have been directed at Bischoffs comments.

I mean, really, what is the ICW? To me, it's people who research stuff a bout wrestlers, go on other websites than WWE.com (incuding going on to youtube for zack ryder) and know of other organizations, not just people who post on forums. Of the peopl i'm describing there is sure as hell more than 10%. An easy 30%, if you ask me, so appealing to them is not a bad business move, in the slightest.

I mean, really, what is the ICW? To me, it's people who research stuff a bout wrestlers, go on other websites than WWE.com (incuding going on to youtube for zack ryder) and know of other organizations, not just people who post on forums. Of the peopl i'm describing there is sure as hell more than 10%. An easy 30%, if you ask me, so appealing to them is not a bad business move, in the slightest.

We didn't. :devil:

Ok seriously, I see your point and I agree to some extent, the 10% is not an exact figure, it's just Bischoff turning a phrase, but how would you suggest we measure it? Where did that random 30% come from, on what evidence is it based? :confused:

We didn't. :devil:

Ok seriously, I see your point and I agree to some extent, the 10% is not an exact figure, it's just Bischoff turning a phrase, but how would you suggest we measure it? Where did that random 30% come from, on what evidence is it based? :confused:

No evidence really, hence the ''if you ask me''. But, it sounds like an accurate figure to me.

Yeah. Zack Ryder of all people decided to make a title belt, probably worth a good thousand despite how hideous it looks, to take a shot at TNA. Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back