WWE interested in AJ Styles

Chrome

Getting Noticed By Management
- WWE officials have reportedly changed their thoughts on signing former TNA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles.

AJ is the current IWGP Heavyweight Champion and considers New Japan Pro Wrestling to be home, and is under contract, but WWE is interested in signing him. WWE is looking to have three touring brands in 2016 and want to load up on as much quality talent as they can.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WOOOW! I think this is all HHH

Man, if WWE could lock up A.J. Styles, I would mark out. I NEVER thought that I'd see three of my favorites in Kevin Steen, Samoa Joe, and KENTA in a WWE ring, and within a year WWE got them all. And they seem to actually view these guys as legitimate main event talent. A.J. has been another one of my guys since I watched him in TNA back in 06, so to add him into the mix would be a friggin dream for me personally.

That being said, I assume they would have to give him the same type of deal that they gave Samoa Joe, which I have no problem with. I could actually see A.J. coming to NXT if he were still able to keep his name and work independent dates on the indies. Still, I don't want to get my hopes up...

To make a massive leap, considering Joe's using his established name, can you imagine AJ bringing the Bullet Club to NXT, even just in the form of a logo on some tights? Shit, Finn Balor might take exception to that.

I think if they get AJ Styles then he should have a VERY SHORT stay in NXT and be on the main roster within a couple of months. The more time they waste with him in NXT the less they can profit off of him. I'm sure he'd put on kick ass matches down there but we all know the main money to be made off of him is on the main roster. I'm not saying make him world champion upon debuting but he should have a pretty big debut that is memorable.

If he isn't considered as a guy to put into the main event scene then I don't think he should sign.

Styles is doing well enough that he doesn't need WWE. Joe came as a TNA mid-carder, so it was a no lose for him.

I think if they get AJ Styles then he should have a VERY SHORT stay in NXT and be on the main roster within a couple of months. The more time they waste with him in NXT the less they can profit off of him. I'm sure he'd put on kick ass matches down there but we all know the main money to be made off of him is on the main roster. I'm not saying make him world champion upon debuting but he should have a pretty big debut that is memorable.

If he isn't considered as a guy to put into the main event scene then I don't think he should sign.

I dont have to pay to see AJ Styles on Raw, on NXT I do. The Network has changed the way people can be profitable to the WWE

Hopefully nothing happens until after Wrestle Kingdom 10. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see AJ in NXT/WWE but all signs are pointing toward a Nakamura vs. AJ match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at WK10, and that's a match I want to see more than AJ vs. anyone in NXT/WWE right now.

AJ signing would play too much into a WWE monopoly. I would not want him to sign. He's brought huge notice to the independent scene and he with Alberto Del Rio show its viable for wrestlers to stick to it.

Plus Alberto El Patron vs AJ Styles sounds like a hell of a money match if AAA or NJPW can make it happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing it.
I'm sure there are casuals who have never seen or even heard of him so it would be interesting to see how he would get over with that portion of the crowd. He can still put on good matches and it seems the landscape of WWE has changed so much that he would fit.

I wouldn't be sad if it didn't happen though either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back