WWE Hell In A Cell: HIAC Match - Jeff Hardy VS Randy Orton

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The second Hell in a Cell match for the ppv is set to be Hardy taking on Orton. With all the various reports of Hardy dealing with nagging injury issues, possibly including some sort of nerve issues, you have to figure that Orton wins this and does so in brutal fashion; brutal enough that Hardy is written off TV for a while.

On the surface, this doesn't come off like a classic Cell match but this has the potential to be a pretty physical outing, especially if Hardy insists upon doing some of his signature spots. As unwarranted as this might be, don't be surprised if Jeff attempts a Swanton Bomb off the top of the Cell. Is it unnecessary at this point in his career, especially if he's dealing with injuries? Absolutely but, then again, that's never really stopped Hardy in the past and, let's be honest, everyone is gonna go nuts when he does it. So yeah, maybe expect to see Hardy attempt a Swanton Bomb off the top of the cage or, if not that, then maybe one of those 15 to 20 foot ladders.

I really just wish these two would go away, if I'm being completely honest. Jeff looks all kinds of beat up, it's actually sad to watch sometimes. He doesn't have the mobility any more and, for a competitor who relies on his speed and athleticism, that's a nail in the coffin of his career.

I was a huge Jeff Hardy fan back in the day but he's pretty much done at this stage of his career. It's a real shame to watch him up against younger talent who are running rings around him. And whilst Orton isn't thatuch younger than Jeff, he's streets ahead athletically.

What Orton suffers from is being frightfully boring at this stage of his career. He's at a stage in his life that he doesn't need to take risks and is pretty much coasting until he retires now. You'd think this match would be a classic between two veterans but it won't be. It'll be a match between two guys with nothing to prove and who are working their ticket until they retire.

Pass.

It's true that Jeff is no spring chicken but he still has the ability to work interesting matches. Shinsuke Nakamura vs Jeff Hardy was pretty decent, Jeff even had a brow raising spot hitting a swanton bomb on the ring apron. There may be a couple of high spots in this one I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back