WWE Hall of Fame broadcast outdraws TNA iMPACT

pun2003hh

BUILDING KICK!!! EXPLOSIONS!!!
The main news site just reported the the Saturday night broadcast of the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony drew a 1.3 rating, which is well above the .8-1.0 that iMPACT has been drawing. Does anyone else find this a bit alarming? Any other year, I wouldn't have been surprised as we have seen some major inductions over the last few years with Steve Austin and Ric Flair. But this year was a bit of a lackluster class with the biggest name that was shown on the main show being Ted DiBiase.

I am hoping this is some type of wake up call to the higher ups at TNA that what they are doing isn't translating into ratings, but I doubt it. But as a TNA fan, the fact that a Saturday late night lackluster HoF ceremony outdrew my last live Monday prime time wrestling program is a bit embarrassing.

Ha ha guess the oldies do still draw :D

This is really embarrasing for TNA, for me they are trying to run before they can walk. I agree on the HOF been lackluster this year, there was only Stu Hart and Ted Dibiase that I was bothered about tbh, I still dont think Bob Uecker should have been inducted, hes a baseball man who made a few WrestleMania appearances. Hopefully next years WCW theme will be much better.

I'm surprised the HOF ceremony got such high numbers, but I wasn't surprised that they beat TNA. Hell I think even Superstars has beaten TNA recently since TNA has been getting around the 0.8 to 0.9 range. I thought the ceremony was a let down since Bob Eucker got more time then Dibiase and we didn't even get to see Bret induct his dad into the HOF. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if anything outdraws Impact at this point.

The HOF special has drawn pretty solid ratings. I think last year's ceremony drew a similar rating. I read today that the show drew an audience of roughly 1.8 million people, so the WWE has to be pretty pleased with that.

The WWE Hall of Fame broadcast is something of a novelty and rarity, something that doesn't come around very often and that generally draws people's attention. A 1.3 rating and an audience of 1.8 million people is quite impressive considering that the show features performers that many within the audience have never really seen do their thing as many of their careers have long since been over for one reason or another, there's no wrestling, no promos, etc. and it happens at 11 pm on a Saturday night.

That is bad. The HoF beat Impact? I don't really know what to say or how TNA can defend that especially since they have had bad ratings for awhile now except that they were different nights. I hope they pull it together soon, I don't want them to get their ass kicked like that. I don't even want to see what Raw did last night compared to Impact. I really hope that TNA pulls it together though because as much as the WWE doesn't acknowledge them, they have noticed and have been having better shows.

I'm not surprised. Everything the WWE does outdraws Impact. Plus, the HoF attracts older fans as well as the current fans.

30 years of fans watched the HoF show. An eighth of only today's fans watches Impact. Why is this surprising?

Im thinking Hogan will use this as an excuse to bring in more 50 year old wrestlers claiming "HOF did good ratings, we still draw!"

Bound for Glory Main Event-Gerald Brisco(c) V Jessie Ventura!

What could be labeled as a much more troubling sign than being outdrawn by the HOF broadcast is that it's been announced that AM Raw outdrew iMPACT! this week. AM Raw comes on at 2 am on Saturday nights, or very early Sunday mornings I guess is more accurate, and it scored a 0.7. That's a typical number for AM Raw I think.

I would go with the "WWE HOF is a once a year thing" to explain it...but, then when you consider the 11pm timeslot on a Saturday night, when nobody is around to watch, and take that into consideration, it really speaks to how badly TNA is doing. The HOF was at 11pm, on a busy night for social activities.

It just goes to show you the crap that TNA really is. I mean c'mon the HOF ceremony that showed 2 full speeches and was broadcasted at 10 p.m beat Monday Night iMPACT which is live in prime-time?!?!?!?!?!? All TNA is are a bunch of WWE rejects that Vince didnt want to waste his time with. IMO the Monday Night Wars hasn't even started yet. This is exactly like the 1980's. Nobody knew what WCW was because of Hulkamania in the WWF. As much as i hate to admit it the WWE is a machine that can't be stopped. It's all about the ratings these days and not about the wrestling anymore. So TNA is just bringing over as many WWE rejects as they can. And it sure as hell aint helping.

To me its a bit pathetic. im not a big fan of TNA but i tune in every once in a while, but its crazy that some little one hour Hall of Fame could beat a two hour Pro Wrestling (not sports entertainment) show. i dont really know what to say but its crazy, i dont really know if TNA is trying their hardest, for one get rid of hulk hogan because he's washed up old man who could NEVER wrestle, the only thing that got him here today was his gimmick, and two get a real arena not some little high school looking gym, seriously.

Well, it was kinda obvious, the hall of fame ceremony is an annual show, where you get some off the all time greats being inducted into the wwe hall of fame...The hall of fame will always beat iMPACT, lets leave it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back