WWE/Food Network Crossover

Klown_Karnage

Slapstick Heavyweight Champion
Okay, this is gonna seem a little strange, but I'm gonna put this post up here just to see how things go. I've mentioned before that I'm a fan of both the WWE and the Food Network and have seen a few possibilities for some crossover action. It wouldn't hurt anything and would likely be fun for all parties involved.

To start off, there's already been a little crossover already. One episode of Iron Chef America (Battle Snails I believe it was) had Batista as one of the judges. However, I'd like to see a bit more and can see possibilities for two shows on the Food Network working with the WWE in one way or another.

Dinner Impossible: Chef Irvine is called to WWE headquarters and met by Vince McMahon who tells him that they are going to be holding a banquet function with a ton of Superstars and Divas present. He's given the usual time limitations, a theme for the food (such as each dish needing to be based around an existing signature maneuver), and a place to cook. As for his guest sous chefs, he is given both members of DX (a nod to the most recent promo in the restaurant.) I'd love to watch DX joking around with Irvine in the kitchen, see the wrestler reactions, maybe see DX induct him as an honorary member and give him a special DX chef's coat (possibly bearing the following: Two Words For Ya, Prep It!) Whatever, it would be extremely entertaining.

Ace of Cakes: If the WWE were to ever do a show in or near Baltimore and one of the Superstars has a birthday or similar function requiring a cake. Have Charm City Cakes do it and I can pretty much guarantee it would make it onto the show. Then have Chef Duff arrive to deliver the cake personally at the end of the WWE show, even coming down the ramp with his own music and pyro. This would rock.

Anybody else have any thoughts on this subject? Yeah, I know this is likely to make people do a double-take...but just try rolling with it and seeing what comes to mind.

This could be a good idea and it could work but it all depends on the target demographic of most shows in the Food Network and the ratings they achieve. If a show or a lot of them don’t have some or any of the target demographics that the WWE has or is looking for then I see no point for them to go and form some partnership or crossover because the chances of them gaining new fans would probably be low. Also if the ratings are low (I’m not sure if they are because I don’t keep up with them) then there is another reason for them to not do a crossover or a partnership because there is nothing for them to gain. They aren’t going to suddenly start putting their wrestlers on the Food Networks shows if it’s not going to get them anything in return. Will it help the Food Network? It sure will if the WWE promotes any appearance. Will it help the WWE? It might if the ratings are pretty good for the shows. Ultimately, they want to make sure that they are going to get something in return (i.e. publicity) so if they don’t get enough of what they want then they are probably not going to form a partnership or do any crossovers with the Food Network.

Now let’s say that everything is good in the Food Network and the WWE will gain something, then I could see them doing several different things. They can have them judge food competitions, make appearances in some of the cooking shows, and they can even have them compete with their fellow wrestlers. I remember a couple of years ago on Family Feud it was the WWE Divas vs. the male wrestlers so they could do something like that except they would be cooking. It’s a good idea but it would all depend on the demographics the Food Network targets and the ratings the shows do.

Bobby Flay comes to Raw to Guest Host and calls for a Throw Down. Randy Orton mistakenly attacks him and punts in the head. Afterward, all Bobby wanted to do was a challenge with his world famous Philly Cheesesteak. Orton is embarassed...

The Best Thing I Ever Ate - guest star will be Baston Booger or if we go a bit Attitude Era-ish, Edge will be on to discuss his relationship with Lita (HELLO!)

Ace of Cakes - Vince will want to make a Kiss My Ass Club cake and rename the show Ass of Cakes.

Iron Chef America - Jimmy Wang Yang and Yoshi Tatsu will at least have something to do creatively. (sorry, I had to)

***Tommy Dreamer, Mark Henry, Mickie James and Matt Hardy will be banned from the studio lot.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I can see it now....Emril Laggasse (i spelled it wrong i think) as the guest host of RAW!!...it would be better than ZZ top and the asian pimp with jeremy piven.

Seriously though, i think it would be a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back