WWE Extreme Rules: Kiss Me Arse Match - Dolph Ziggler VS Sheamus

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Last night's episode of SmackDown! saw Ziggler vs. Sheamus at Extreme Rules become official with the stipulation that the loser be forced to kiss the "arse" of the winner. As with all the matches on the card, there are no disqualifications so pretty much anything goes.

It should be an entertaining bout and the stipulation fits well with Sheamus' new persona. While it brings up not too fond memories of Vince McMahon's "Kiss My Ass Club" segments of the Attitude Era, it's an interesting way to garner heat. Depending upon what happens with Daniel Bryan this week in terms of medical evaluations, I'd say that Sheamus comes out on top here and moves into position to challenge for the Intercontinental Championship.

Last night's episode of SmackDown! saw Ziggler vs. Sheamus at Extreme Rules become official with the stipulation that the loser be forced to kiss the "arse" of the winner. As with all the matches on the card, there are no disqualifications so pretty much anything goes.

It should be an entertaining bout and the stipulation fits well with Sheamus' new persona. While it brings up not too fond memories of Vince McMahon's "Kiss My Ass Club" segments of the Attitude Era, it's an interesting way to garner heat. Depending upon what happens with Daniel Bryan this week in terms of medical evaluations, I'd say that Sheamus comes out on top here and moves into position to challenge for the Intercontinental Championship.

You can bet its gonna be a great fight! Both of these men can really step out of their horizon and give the fight of the night if they had given much time.. But it seems more obvious that Sheamus is gonna be the one coming out on top at the end. Dolph is in of the most over Superstar in the main roster so I don't see him make Sheamus kick his arse. But we never know what's gonna happen. If WWE pulls off the IC title match off the cards, we may can see Bad News Barrett involve in this match as well! I hope in not the only one so excited for this match!

Cheers!!

I clearly see sheamus win here. if db take time off then they vacate the title and make triple threat bnb vs dz vs sheamus.

Ah man, I really hate these kind of stipulations. In no way, shape, or form do I want to see Dolph Ziggler kiss Sheamus' ass or vice versa... it makes both look completely ridiculous imo. One has to literally kiss somebody's ass in front of the world and the other looks like a perverted freak for enjoying it.

Now if we were talking Nikki Bella and Paige...

No lying here but I really hope Ziggler wins, if for the only one reason. The last thing in the world I want to see is Sheamus's white ass. Good God save us from that sight.

I remember these two having a damn fine match at No Way Out in 2012. It's going to be interesting to see how they work with the roles reversed. It could possibly end up stealing the show (Cena vs. Rusev is quite frankly their only competition in that regard... Extreme Rules looks awful on paper).

Anyways, I really hope Dolph wins. I just don't want Sheamus as a top tier heel right now. He has good matches and everything, but his personality is just so off putting, even when he was a face. I'm always down to see him wrestle in the ring, but to have him actually feud with someone and have him cut promos every week will be dreadful sit through. I'll take a Dolph push over a Sheamus push any day.

I feel like I've seen this match a dozen times already. I think that might just be the effect Sheamus and Ziggler have on me.

Strange stipulation. Newly introduced monster heels shouldn't be forced to kiss somebodies bottom and neither should plucky babyfaces. This is a stipulation in which the bad guy should always lose, but it also has to be a certain type of bad guy.

Figuring this one has more to do with how management wants to portray Dolph than Sheamus.

Sheamus is back after a long break and is presumably scheduled for a push....otherwise, why turn him heel? Although I'm surprised at the amount of punishment he seems to be taking early in his return, he's a former champ with great ability and it would make sense to have him beat Dolph.

But the thing with Ziggler is he's had more ups & downs than most midcard performers. In fact, they seem to have been measuring him for main event status a few times through the years, and although he never seems to make it there for long, there's always the chance someone in WWE management is gonna get excited about Dolph once again and have him win matches he normally doesn't win.

For this one, I'll go with Sheamus because he's been back for too short a time to start losing, at least cleanly.

I predict that as he's the one with the recent repackage and the gimmick of the match comes from his kind of expression, Sheamus is winning. Should be a nice little midcard bout anyway; I like both talents. You can't deny Ziggler's got the superior posterior though.

I love that they are using the spelling "arse", 10/10 WWE.

I see Ziggler picking up an upset, with Sheamus attacking him afterwards. I just don't see WWE actually allowing the "kiss me arse" scenario to play out.

Also I love Sheamus's new attitude and hope this isn't the end of the feud. If done right it could be similar to the Morrison/KingSheamus feud a while back (in which I also enjoyed).

Wow a Kiss ME Arse match this one honestly I didnt see coming at least the stipulation anyway.. Ziggler is a workhorse and a damn fine wrestler.. I expect nothing less but a great match between these two..

I expect Sheamus to go over at this one in cheating fashion of course.. If anything like Navi said,please dont have Ziggler win we dont wanna see Sheamus Ass.. Good god Man,there is not sunglasses dark enough to block out that glare

A Kiss Me Arse match? Really? Have we gone back to 1999? I know it's Extreme Rules but not every match has to have a stipulation. Especially a stipulation that has nothing to do with the actual match. Just let these two go out and have a good match. We don't need the nonsense here.

Seeing how Rock vs. Mr Ass went at Summerslam 1999, it looks like a Kiss My Ass match is set up for a face to win without the heel looking weak. If it was a regular one-on-one match, I'd pick Sheamus but I think Ziggler sneaks the win here but this feud ends at MITB where Sheamus gets the win and faces Bryan at Summerslam for the title and wins.

20150402_LIGHT_ER_Match_HP_.jpg

What a STUPID stipulation. I have no desire to see that happen to either Sheamus OR Ziggler. None whatsoever. During that segment I will head to the pantry for a snack. The match would have been perfectly fine under countless other stipulations, but this one is idiotic no matter who is involved. The actual match itself I expect to be good, I just can't say the same for what will happen afterwards. Sheamus wins to further establish his new heel persona. I'd say it goes on toward the middle of the evening.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will defeat Dolph Ziggler.

I think Ziggler will win the battle, Sheamus will win the war. Ziggler will steal the win by getting Sheamus to kiss his ass (ugh), but Sheamus will recover and promptly destroy him.

I don't know what it is about Ziggler's current image on the Extreme Rules pic, but man alive those chipmunk cheeks creep me out. Looks like Freaky Fred from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Anyways I'm going with Sheamus in this one, even though the stipulation is so ridiculous it could go either way and neither man will be that much effected by it in the longrun. I just figure The Celtic Warrior should be compensated for the ridiculous braided beard/80s mohawk ensemble he's sported this month.

The only time I ever want to see a 'Kiss my ass' match is if one of the performers is a gay stereotype and is squeeing at the chance to kiss someones ass. The match would be based around him trying to kiss his opponents rear and his enemy is creeped out to the point of fighting to avoid getting his butt smooched. That would be an amazing storyline.

GOLDUST! IT'S TIME TO RETURN TO YOUR ROOTS!

Like I've been constantly saying, I have ALWAYS hated these sort of gimmick matches, but they really are heat generators. Say Sheamus wins and makes a passed out Dolph Ziggler kiss his ass... uncomfortable? Sure... but imagine the heat that he would get from the casuals. Personally, I don't think there is enough heat in the WWE and as a result, the whole roster suffers... these shitty, lame scenarios may be tough to watch for a few weeks, but in the long-run, they will benefit everybody involved.

As for predictions, Sheamus is the only pick that makes sense in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back