WWE exits and where they should go besides AEW

CrazyBobBacklund

Dark Match Winner
With the mass culling of stars from WWE and rumours about them willing to listen to people asking for a release from the company everyone has been dropping names that should go to AEW.
I am a big AEW fan but I feel they have a fairly built roster and only need one or two additions, any more and you risk over saturation of stars for 3 hours a week total in shows.

Discounting AEW there are many companies which once were a lot more prominent but have lost a little shine in the last few years (Impact and ROH just to name two) as well as up and coming companies like MLW (who I know little about but have heard good things), NWA and the njpw:usa brand which hasn’t properly materialised at present time.

Who would you like to see leave from wwe and go to any of these or which already released stars would you like to see somewhere other than AEW?

My picks would be:

Revival/Revolt to NWA- I know they are certainly AEW bound but they are the most NWA style team in the world.

Chad Gable to ROH-I could see him Making a name for himself similarly to Daniel Bryan when he was there.

Gallows and Anderson to njpw:USA- have them float between Japan and USA to help re-establish the bullet clubs former dominance.

Ricochet to ROH- Make him world champion and face the likes of Marty, Rush, PCO, Flip, Castle, Lethal and co to make him as big as Ospreay is in njpw with them facing each other in joint promotion ppvs as they’re alway amazing together.

Cedric Alexander to impact- He’d be a great x division champ or even heavyweight title contender there, very undervalued at WWE

Lio Rush to NJPW- junior heavyweight champ ready. Takahashi vs Rush would be a great match

Slater to Impact-Puts 100% into every gimmick and could do some good stories there.

EC3 and Rockstar spud to Impact- Return home where they both excelled.

Sarah Logan to Impact- I’m a big Sarah Logan fan, another more talented superstar than given credit for and could contend for the belt.

Rusev to NJPW: Id like to see Rusev vs Cobb, Takagi, Evil, Goto, Sanada, Tachi and others to re-establish himself before heading for the iwgp heavyweight belt . He could also do comedy spots with Yano possibly??

Mike Bennett and Maria to ROH- Have him return and take over the kingdom with Maria by his side playing their best work as heels then push him into a title mix maybe tv leading to heavyweight later on.

Eric Young to Impact: Make him a wrestler/producer.

Cesaro to ROH/NJPW: Either to reprise his former glory and give him a major title he deserves. Roh champ or I could see him being a dominant NEVER or I.C. Champ in New japan, maybe even a small reign as iwgp too?

Lashley to impact- I’m not a fan of Lashley but I can see why people like him. He was the man at one point in impact and deserves more than the soap opera WWE gives him

Ember moon to impact- You can build the knockouts division around her, should have been a long reigning raw or smackdown champ even before her injury

Kushida to njpw- WWE are idiots not booking him better! One of the best juniors should return to a hero’s welcome

Nakamura to njpw- Again booked poorly by wwe. I’d like to see him in AEW more but since were looking elsewhere a return to njpw a reclaim Chaos from Okada would be a mouth watering storyline

Killian Dain to impact- become Big Damo once again and be impacts new beast

Shelton Benjamin to Impact or ROH- Give a class act a few more tv years as a retirement party

kassius ohno to roh- let the hero return to elbow people’s heads off

Tyler Breeze to NWA- Charisma and skill in bounds, he’d make a great mid card champ/heavyweight contender.

Here my list, first those that got already release

TO IMPACT wrestling

EC3: Let's face it, he was the face of the company back when it was TNA, one of the biggest star they made and i doubt that what ever gimmick change he's trying to make will have any Impact outside of IMPACT. Have him feud against Moose over the TNA title and then have him beat Tessa for the IMPACT title and let just run with it

Drake Maverick: If he doesn'T go back to WWE, he's again the type of talent that would benefit from a return to his former employer. The guy is gold on the mic and is pretty good in ring plus you could put him with EC3 and let them run the whole upper card scene

Eric Young: He's a veteran that could help the younger guy get over plus you could use him as a agent backstage as well.

Lio Rush: who better to be the face of the x-division then Lio Rush. he's got the personally and is one of the best cruiserweight in the industry, the only drawback is his personal demon's that he need to focus on but as a talent he would fit really well with the x-division

TO ROH

Mike and maria: Nothing against them because they are both awesome talent but at this point in their live, they need to go to a place where they don't have to tour as much and doesn't get as much exposure as a AEW or WWE. The problem they had with Their WWE run was that they put their personal life in front of their career life which is o.k. but their not going to be able to pull this stunt outside WWE. So, if they want to focus on their career again, ROH could be a pretty good place for them to return to

Zack ryder and Curt Hawking: As singles, these 2 are as generic as you can get but their something about them as a team that kinda work and ROH kinda need newer teams to come in to refresh the division so it could be something for them to do.

TO NWA

Revival: i know, their probably going to AEW to try and carry the young bucks to a good match but i would love to see them go to the NWA and maybe (if he can get over his grudge against dave lagana) have Jim Cornette as their manager. My dream feud ever since i saw these guys wrestled in WWE was to see them go against the Rock & Roll express. I know it wouldn't be a great match but the express are still able to have a good match and The revival would protect them as much as they could.

Rusev: Another guy that i think would fit with the more old school presentation that The NWA as. He's a great talent with pretty good charisma and would be a major star for them.

Curtis Axel: Look Curtis is a bland wrestlers. But he's a old school type of wrestler. I could see him join forces with the question mark and Aaron stevens as a faction and win the tag titles at some point.

Heath Slater: A comedy wrestler that fit with the type of comedy wrestling the NWA is doing

TO New japan:

Gallows and Anderson: That's pretty much a forgone conclusion that they are going back to japan and why not, it's the only place they have been major stars during their whole career and they can be again when they go back.

NOW those that i want to leave WWE

TO NWA

Ruby Riott: At this point WWE is completly wasting her and she's better then being somebody that's putting over Liv morgan on Raw 2 weeks in a row. The NWA might not have a lot of female wrestlers but those that they have are some of the best that are available right now and matches against women's like Allysin kay and thunder rosa would be awesome.

Bo Dallas: we all know how talented the guy is and sadly WWE as just given up on him. His charisma alone would make him the perfect fit for The NWA and just like Axel, he has a more old school style that can fit in this promotion.

TO IMPACT Wrestling

Johnny gargano and Candice Lerae: These 2 have pretty hit the ceilling of WWE as top star of NXT, If they ever get to either RAW or Smackdown, they will be quickly forgotten mostly because Johnny is a great wrestler but lack charisma. By moving to IMPACT, he can still be a top star without having to fear getting moved up and for Candice she could easily reunited with Joey Ryan and continue where she left on the indy scene.

The IIconiccs: 2 of my favorite women's wrestlers that have pretty much been wasted in WWE. Are they the best wrestlers in the world ? No, But they are still better then a lot of the women's getting the spotlight shining on them in WWE and AEW and would bring something different to the Knouckout division in IMPACT plus they have so much charisma and are great promo that they would fit in well with the rest of the division.

Gable & Benjamin - I've said it before, put them together as a team. American Alpha/TWGTT hybrid. WWE is sleeping in.

Moving on to who has released.

Impact Wrestling:-
EC3, Eric Young and Spud. I'd have them reappear by EC3 & EY brawling during a taping, Spud returns to help EC3 out, they immediately go to being main-event contenders, beefens up the top of Impact's card, great feuds for Elgin, RVD, Callihan, Edwards etc.

NJPW:-
Anderson and Gallows. A bit like Tensai/Albert and others, seems to be a natural environment for them.

AEW:-
The Revolt/Revival. AEW has the best tag-division in Wrestling for depth. These guys are better than what the WWE booking they got.

Rusev. I don't know what gimmick I would give him to get him over, but I think he ticks a lot of boxes for AEW.

Zack Ryder, something just tells me AEW will pick him up and get him involved in the mid-card.
---
The Kanellis's, I can see them going to ROH, I think they could be good in Impact but they already have talent couples.

Erick Rowan, he wouldn't have to change anything if he were to go to NWA, that creepy/swamp type guy gimmick would fit right into the old school type environment Corgan has got going.

Lio Rush, ROH or MLW.

The rest I don't know about. No Way Jose would need a new character, Slater could make a run in NWA.

Onto who I would like to see leave for pastures new.

Bobby Roode - ridiculously underused by WWE, just as he looks to be moving one step forward they either move him to the side or backwards. He's coming 43 years old so he's closer to the end, I'd like to see Roode give NJPW a go for one or two years before he does wind it down.

Cesaro - Maybe he's comfortable being a mid-card jobber for the money. In any other company this man competes for the World title. He might not have mic skills, but if he was in Hager's position as Jericho's muscle in AEW or had Father James Mitchell as his manager in Impact you've struck gold.

Natalya - I don't know what the rest of you think, but I think she's underutilised in WWE. Women's Champion in any other company.

Here my list, first those that got already release

TO IMPACT wrestling

EC3: Let's face it, he was the face of the company back when it was TNA, one of the biggest star they made and i doubt that what ever gimmick change he's trying to make will have any Impact outside of IMPACT. Have him feud against Moose over the TNA title and then have him beat Tessa for the IMPACT title and let just run with it

Drake Maverick: If he doesn'T go back to WWE, he's again the type of talent that would benefit from a return to his former employer. The guy is gold on the mic and is pretty good in ring plus you could put him with EC3 and let them run the whole upper card scene

Eric Young: He's a veteran that could help the younger guy get over plus you could use him as a agent backstage as well.

Lio Rush: who better to be the face of the x-division then Lio Rush. he's got the personally and is one of the best cruiserweight in the industry, the only drawback is his personal demon's that he need to focus on but as a talent he would fit really well with the x-division

TO ROH

Mike and maria: Nothing against them because they are both awesome talent but at this point in their live, they need to go to a place where they don't have to tour as much and doesn't get as much exposure as a AEW or WWE. The problem they had with Their WWE run was that they put their personal life in front of their career life which is o.k. but their not going to be able to pull this stunt outside WWE. So, if they want to focus on their career again, ROH could be a pretty good place for them to return to

Zack ryder and Curt Hawking: As singles, these 2 are as generic as you can get but their something about them as a team that kinda work and ROH kinda need newer teams to come in to refresh the division so it could be something for them to do.

TO NWA

Revival: i know, their probably going to AEW to try and carry the young bucks to a good match but i would love to see them go to the NWA and maybe (if he can get over his grudge against dave lagana) have Jim Cornette as their manager. My dream feud ever since i saw these guys wrestled in WWE was to see them go against the Rock & Roll express. I know it wouldn't be a great match but the express are still able to have a good match and The revival would protect them as much as they could.

Rusev: Another guy that i think would fit with the more old school presentation that The NWA as. He's a great talent with pretty good charisma and would be a major star for them.

Curtis Axel: Look Curtis is a bland wrestlers. But he's a old school type of wrestler. I could see him join forces with the question mark and Aaron stevens as a faction and win the tag titles at some point.

Heath Slater: A comedy wrestler that fit with the type of comedy wrestling the NWA is doing

TO New japan:

Gallows and Anderson: That's pretty much a forgone conclusion that they are going back to japan and why not, it's the only place they have been major stars during their whole career and they can be again when they go back.

NOW those that i want to leave WWE

TO NWA

Ruby Riott: At this point WWE is completly wasting her and she's better then being somebody that's putting over Liv morgan on Raw 2 weeks in a row. The NWA might not have a lot of female wrestlers but those that they have are some of the best that are available right now and matches against women's like Allysin kay and thunder rosa would be awesome.

Bo Dallas: we all know how talented the guy is and sadly WWE as just given up on him. His charisma alone would make him the perfect fit for The NWA and just like Axel, he has a more old school style that can fit in this promotion.

TO IMPACT Wrestling

Johnny gargano and Candice Lerae: These 2 have pretty hit the ceilling of WWE as top star of NXT, If they ever get to either RAW or Smackdown, they will be quickly forgotten mostly because Johnny is a great wrestler but lack charisma. By moving to IMPACT, he can still be a top star without having to fear getting moved up and for Candice she could easily reunited with Joey Ryan and continue where she left on the indy scene.

The IIconiccs: 2 of my favorite women's wrestlers that have pretty much been wasted in WWE. Are they the best wrestlers in the world ? No, But they are still better then a lot of the women's getting the spotlight shining on them in WWE and AEW and would bring something different to the Knouckout division in IMPACT plus they have so much charisma and are great promo that they would fit in well with the rest of the division.
Great call on Riot. So many good female talents are misused in wwe

Bobby Roode - ridiculously underused by WWE, just as he looks to be moving one step forward they either move him to the side or backwards. He's coming 43 years old so he's closer to the end, I'd like to see Roode give NJPW a go for one or two years before he does wind it down.

Cesaro - Maybe he's comfortable being a mid-card jobber for the money. In any other company this man competes for the World title. He might not have mic skills, but if he was in Hager's position as Jericho's muscle in AEW or had Father James Mitchell as his manager in Impact you've struck gold.

Natalya - I don't know what the rest of you think, but I think she's underutilised in WWE. Women's Champion in any other company.
Nattie definitely could easily do great in impact or probably NWA

I’d be well up for Cesaro in Haegers role then eventually turn on inner circle to break through to the main event, cracking out the ufo more often :)

I think the problem with all 3 of them is that they fell into the trap of being good hands for the company and make anybody look great. That's a easy trap to fall into in WWE and as been for decades now. Looking at the 3 mention here, i don't think that a change of scenery would help any of them.

Roode is a good wrestler but his age won't help him at this point and you would have to push him either as a tag guy or a heel if he goes the single route because that's pretty much where he shine. Anything else will fail with him in my opinion.

Cesaro is kinda in the same boat as roode as he's a great tag guy, probably one of the best tag guy i've seen in wrestling, but as a single, they're always been something missing for me anyway. Again i don't see how a change of scenery would help him but i probably would probably have a better shot at getting a fresh start elsewhere then Roode.

The only way Natalya is Leaving WWE is if she's release from the company. She's pretty much considered the mother hen of the WWE had love helping out the rest of the women's division plus i doubt that Tyson kidd would leave his position as a agent just to follow her, so i see her being a lifer with WWE and even transition into either a agent for the women'S division or a trainer in the near future.

So Drake Maverick ends up returning on the NXT roster.:whatthe:

Looks like at least 1 talent is going to Impact in time for Slammiversary.

Anderson & Gallows likely to split time between NJPW & Independents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back