• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE DVDs: Do you prefer a focus on documentaries or matches?

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've been thinking about this.

Do you prefer a documentary style DVD with a disc of matches, like The Greatest Stars of the 90's or Hitman, or do you prefer one like the Randy Savage Ultimate Collection, where they tell you about the matches and then show them, and the focus of the DVD is the matches?

Or, do you prefer something completely different, like the Smackdown DVD that fits into the second mold but has both matches and promos?

I personally prefer type 1 and the SD DVD, because I enjoy stories and promos more than actual wrestling matches, though I do love a good match here and there.

I honestly prefer documentary style DVD's ... although I suppose the best ones are the ones that can incorporate both into the DVD.

Structure it as a documentary, but include some matches on the DVD's, as well.

I'm more of a documentary guy. You can find a wrestler's best matches online pretty easily.

It depends. Documentaries like Rise and Fall of ECW are great. Documentaries like McMahon's or Shawn's are a complete waste of time and is nothing but 2 hours of praising Vince or Shawn. Matches can completely suck, like Rise and Fall of WCW's as there was nothing but random as hell choices, or they can be great like Flair's two collections.

I like a mixture of both Edge's DVD didn't have much in the way of documentery and RVDs didn't have much either, the one DVD I own which has good matches and a good documentery is Christian's TNA DVD I like DVD like that

i like the documentaries, the one's with the matches usually don't have the matches you want (ie: the ladder match DVD didn't have the WM X ladder match) and the documentaries gave you a look behind the scenes (ie: ECW DVD)

the only "Matches only" DVD's i liked was taker's and HHH's

I prefer a DVD with more documentary style to it. I've watched DVDs of both kind. When I watch a match with all matches like The ROH Greatest Rivalries, I don't see how big the rivalry was and I get burned out after 3 matches.

If there's anything we can learn from the success of the "rise and fall of ECW" dvd, it's that the documentary based style works best. Like blade said, if i really wanted, there are places I can go to find a match, but nothing beats Paul Heyman dropping character and saying on camera that "eric Bischoff... is full of shit."
:lol:

Looks like everyone likes documentary style best. I do too.

But also, I still like them to put matches on there. Especially if they talk about certain matches within the documentary part, I think they should put those matches in just for thoroughness.

I prefer the very informative Documentary style DVDs that have a lot of great matches on the special features.

Heartbreak and Triumph has to be the best DVD that the WWE has put out. The Ric Flair one was great as well.

Can't wait for a documentary style DVD for 'Taker, HHH, The Rock, and much better one for Stone Cold than the Stone Cold Truth. I also want to see one for Rey Mysterio.

Documentary with a couple discs worth of matches.

Easy.

Of course Shawn's DVD was just one big, well-documented blow-job. So I'd like good documentaries.

documentary dvd's for me also, like the 2 latest ones that came out hardy and batista, i loved the batista documentary style, matches were ok, hardy lacked documentary but the matches were awesome all 27 of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back