WWE copywrites "kliq hand gesture" yet steals moves from same wrestlers

chibet

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the wwe copywrites a certain way of holding your fingers....the "kliq hand gesture. Why ? Because the Bullet Club is the hottest thing in pro wrestling today and they don't want to see them using the "too sweet" on NJPW tv. Particularly , The Young Bucks.

YET......

It is ok to steal the young bucks moves ??? I mean, directly steal. Not a move "made popular by" .... but literally created by... the young bucks. They release a DLC pack that features the The meltzer driver.... and more bang for your buck. Even calling the move "more bang" as an added F you. What sense does this make? What do you think about the obvious ripping off of the bucks? THEN they attempt , legally, to stop them from using a hand gesture that they believe they have created.

petty petty petty.

-chibet

So let me see if I have this right: one company uses another company's copyright to promote their own product, without compensation and while acknowledging that this other company was their source material. Isn't this the whole reason we have copyright law in the first place?

You won't find someone who's more sympathetic to how independent artists get fucked by US copyright law than myself. It's incredibly hard, and sometimes downright impractical, to defend your copyright in the way US Law demands of you. However, the Young Bucks aren't exactly sympathetic victims here: they've made blatant appropriation of WWE copyright a significant part of their act. Just because you call it a 'tribute' doesn't mean you can crotch chop ten times a night while yelling "suck it". (Nick- the smart move would have been to call it a parody.)

As far as stealing moves goes..... eh. That's so common that it's tough to care, especially in this particular instance, where it appears to be a tit-for-tat situation.

Well I just kindly wanted to remind WWE something but they aren't gonna listen either way so its gonna be just a few words..

GTS, Running Knee and Yes lock (Arm trap cross face) signature move of Kenta (Hideo Itami)

And WWE forces him to not use these moves in their ring and the reason is their wrestlers have "stolen" it? Or What??

Isn't that what pro wrestling is though? Every single move has been stolen from someone at some point unless you are the originator of the move, The Piledriver was created by Bill Longson but I doubt his family get royalties everytime the move is used for example all moves must have originated by someone, With the hand gesture though I think WWE is just bullying the little guy because it can, I can't see how a couple of guys on the indies probably in some high school gym infront of like 30 people using a hand gesture could be detrimental to the WWE business, WWE are getting too big and corporate now for their own good, Its coming across less about family entertainment and more about being fascist because it can.

With the hand gesture though I think WWE is just bullying the little guy because it can, I can't see how a couple of guys on the indies probably in some high school gym infront of like 30 people using a hand gesture could be detrimental to the WWE business, WWE are getting too big and corporate now for their own good, Its coming across less about family entertainment and more about being fascist because it can.
Er, it's not in a high school gym in front of 30 people, it's in front of 12,000 in Tokyo. The WWE probably could give two shits if someone does The Worm at a training school's local promotion, but the Young Bucks are one of the best acts in the business outside of the WWE right now- and if you've watched any of their matches, they ape late '90s WWF heavily. (Don't judge them by their TNA run, which was dreadful. Watch a match with them versus either ReDragon, Time Splitters, or Forever Hooligans.)

In the end, it's all for the better. The Bucks are a crazy good exciting tag team that really doesn't need all the 'suck it' stuff and 'too sweet' gestures, and this will cause them to develop their act further. They've gotten the usefulness out of it, they haven't been sued yet- it's time to move on to other things.

A knock off Hardy Boyz in a knock off nWo and we have to deal with this?

Stop the Bucks are marks with can do flips, in Tokyo they aren't main event either only in small shows in the US.

"more bang" as its called in the 2k15 pack has never been done by another wrestler before. or tag team, rather. Along with the meltzer driver , they created these moves, the wwe puts it in their video game. Even using a play on the names given to the moves by the bucks. This isn't an argument about how original an act they are, if the hand gesture does belong to the wwe or anything to that effect. I'm simply asking, do you not find it hypocritical for the wwe to sue NJPW .... AFTER... they just got done stealing the bucks , along with several other njpw stars, signature moves and motions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back