WWE considering drafting brand champions

Ace Sleeper

That's some grade 'A' protein!
From the main page:

F4WOnline.com is reporting that the decision to hold the 2011 WWE draft next week was done largely due in part to Edge's retirement, which has left a top baby face hole on Smackdown.

WWE officials have discussed the idea moving Alberto Del Rio to the Raw brand as World Heavyweight Champion, with The Miz being moved to Raw as the WWE Champion. At this time, creative has penciled in Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena at SummerSlam this year, so moving Del Rio to Raw could then setup the World Title match between him and Cena at the SummerSlam PPV.

Of course plans are constantly changing, but it is being said at this time that the entire WWE mid-card is under consideration for brand shuffling, with names like Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Jack Swagger, Nexus, The Corre and R-Truth all being potential draft candidates.

What do you guys think about the idea? Discuss here.

There is nothing about that plan that appeals to me!

Alberto to Raw - Bad.
Alberto BEING CHAMPION when he is sent to RAW - Bad!
Alberto-Cena at Summerslam - Bad!
Miz to Smackdown! - terrible!

I sure hope those plans will change!

There is nothing about that plan that appeals to me!

Alberto to Raw - Bad.
Alberto BEING CHAMPION when he is sent to RAW - Bad!
Alberto-Cena at Summerslam - Bad!
Miz to Smackdown! - terrible!

I sure hope those plans will change!

Just my thoughts. As much as I'd be against it, I'd just rather send Randy Orton to Smackdown to fill Edge's place.

And did they just reveal that Del Rio will win against Christian at Extreme Rules?

It's the WWE. They change their plans every 6 hours or so. Vince will more than likely flip-flop on the decision of not only the draft but who the champions are going into the draft. Speculation pretending to be fact at this stage.

I actually really like the champs switching shows. I like The Miz, but his in ring work could use some editing. ADR would be very safe being on Raw. Cena vs. aDR in LA with a huge Hispanic crowd would work well.

Cena vs. Del Rio sounds great. I'd be all up in that. But Cena needs to go to SmackDown for the rest of the year. Him and Orton cannot co-exist on Raw, especially with Edge gone.

If there is a big move it needs to be a face to SmackDown in the form of Cena or Orton. Not a heel in the form of The Miz.

my predictions of people moving are Orton and Sheamus to Smackdown and Del Rio and McIintyre to raw. i would almost quaranty all these moves

del rio and miz move does not seem that bad. i have always wanted to see miz on smackdown as champion but del rio seems to get the short end of the stick because i just dont see him being as the main guy on the roster (especially since cena will more than likely stay on raw) but all and all i think it can be great change

I don't see a point in moving The Miz.Moving Cena to SmackDown sounds like the smarter option to me.Cena's the PG face and SmackDown's the more PG show,compared to Raw,which is more edgy.Keep the edgier characters on Raw: Orton,Miz,CM Punk,etc. and move Cena to SmackDown.With the amount of backlash against Cena growing by the week,the company should try to reinvent him or move in a new direction with him because they can't possibly have Cena shrug off the boos forever.

Moving Cena to Smackdown makes no sense. Regardless of some of the mixed reaction he gets, he's still the biggest star and draw in the WWE and you want him on your A-show. If the problem is that Orton and Cena can't co-exist on the same show, move Orton to Smackdown instead. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't yet - I thought for sure he'd get drafted there last year.

As for the OP, I'm indifferent to the idea, though it would lead to fresh feuds. It has been a couple of years since the titles switched brands, so perhaps it's an overdue decision. I doubt ratings will change either way though.

I'm beginning to dislike Del Rio again. I mean, he wasn't even wearing his fist tape this week. It's like he's not even trying. That said, you can definitely count me in if you're doing a Cena/Del Rio feud. I'd also rather Christian were world champion, no matter how briefly, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back