• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE.com on Sabu: "How Sabu changed wrestling and everyone forgot."

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
http://www.wwe.com/inside/how-sabu-changed-wrestling-and-everyone-forgot-26275478

They actually make some pretty good points here. I've never doubted Sabu changed how many worked in wrestling, however I don't think he necessarily changed it for the better. His style opened up avenues for crazier wrestlers too I guess. This'll be pretty much the highest compliment Sabu ever gets, until WWE start inducting ECW guys which at that point being in the WWE Hall of Fame will be the highest compliment Sabu will get.

Absolutely Sabu changed the way people worked. We really wouldn't have the modern table spot without him. People forget how revolutionary he was.

Am I right in saying pretty much every table/chair spot that involves some sort of athleticism comes from him???

Haven't read it, can't be arsed to. But yeah, Sabo was an innovator but then he never adapted and people thendid what he did only better and with meaning.

Innovators rarely get the recognition they deserve. Especially ones who are still doing the same shit 20 years later.

Haven't read it, can't be arsed to. But yeah, Sabo was an innovator but then he never adapted and people thendid what he did only better and with meaning.

Innovators rarely get the recognition they deserve. Especially ones who are still doing the same shit 20 years later.

True story, Sabu no longer does the Arabian Facebuster on doctors orders.

It's a real shame he never made any real money in the pro wrestling business. If there's anyone who ever deserved it off sacrifice and hard work alone - it's him.

But yeah... awesome to see WWE give him some love like this. Would be stoked to see him get a HOF induction and especially a DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back